Player Watch Callum Brown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackcass

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have never doubted him, have watched him closely, he will be good as I think Daicos will too.

Brown's stats included 9 tackles, Pendles the same. The highest.
& 29 pressure acts. That effort where Wills got crunched in the marking contest and Brown bounced from contest to contest and ultimately won the free was sensational.

PepperFace

Premium Platinum
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The Exers
I'm a Brown convert. Now I'm excited about Tyler too....who is meant to be the better brother?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mkcaptain

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Just counted. Cal took 17 strides with his burst goal last night. Probably ran 20m. But who cares!

Never would have pictured him having a goal like that in him! When he gets in space he's one of our quickest with the ball which I can't remember ever being a feature of his game in juniors or even his first two years at the club.

TradeDraft

Premium Gold
Oct 18, 2009
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just counted. Cal took 17 strides with his burst goal last night. Probably ran 20m. But who cares!

Never would have pictured him having a goal like that in him! When he gets in space he's one of our quickest with the ball which I can't remember ever being a feature of his game in juniors or even his first two years at the club.
Just Remember Jetta's Run in the 2012 PF

PepperFace

Premium Platinum
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The Exers
Cal was the higher rated junior.
From what I've seen, Tyler shares the same side step/acceleration and nous in traffic. Much taller and more outside.
Not a bad thing for the club that they play a different style

Quicky

Premium Platinum
May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
I’d say neat field kicking rather than great field kicking. He lacks penetration by foot, but he knows what he can do and plays to his limitations in regards to his kicking, so that’s a tick. His set shots are awful, but that seems to be an epidemic at the club right now.

His main strengths right now are his hands and his sidestep. There’s lots to work on still, but he’s going on the right direction, which is a big positive.
I'd go one further. Hands, side step (hand in hand with spatial awareness) and defensive application. He hunts guys like Varcoe does.

Top Bottom