Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

He’s a good prospect, and like everyone has areas he needs to work on. Hopefully we lift as a unit and can afford to give him more exposure because there’s never been a query over his work ethic or professionalism.

rand corp

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
asia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Callum, still a kid, developing nicely but, is still capable of a shocker like most kids. He is somewhere between 19th to 24th player picked each week at the moment, for mine.

Tyler, looks very raw and to me he is still someway from being ready for the big show, good to be getting a few games into him but needs to go back and develop his body and his craft.

Daicos, started the season in career best form and shown glimpses but again, still a kid and still capable of dropping right off and having the odd shocker. Worth persevering with but around 22nd to 26th picked each week.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Callum, still a kid, developing nicely but, is still capable of a shocker like most kids. He is somewhere between 19th to 24th player picked each week at the moment, for mine.

Tyler, looks very raw and to me he is still someway from being ready for the big show, good to be getting a few games into him but needs to go back and develop his body and his craft.

Daicos, started the season in career best form and shown glimpses but again, still a kid and still capable of dropping right off and having the odd shocker. Worth persevering with but around 22nd to 26th picked each week.

it's interesting with Tyler has he even through his VFL performances, has never truly shown any dominant form from what i can tell, glimpses of things but nothing that screams im ready for AFL.

Rantall in his 1 preseason game showed more then he has in 2 years as far as AFL ready.

Imo you have Callum and Daicos around the wrong way in where i would pick them. Callum given more opportunity but Daicos imo is the better of the 2 atm.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
He does so much right and has the makings of a player. I love how he body lines the ball so well and keeps his hands free in the tackle. His old man clearly taught him some tricks. The kicking thing and his inability to be a constant in games is incredibly concerning though.
We've waited a while for Adam's disposal to improve. Callum will be a beast so we need to be patient

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
4 Years in... and where does he fit in? Not good enough to be a pure midfielder, not damaging enough to be a pure forward.

His ball use and goal kicking is quite poor.

I'm a fan, but not lately. He's not quite doing enough where it matters, and other times he's trying to do too much.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him have a spell, but no reason to think he shouldn't be part of the rotation.

Mostfamousclub_Pies

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
it's interesting with Tyler has he even through his VFL performances, has never truly shown any dominant form from what i can tell, glimpses of things but nothing that screams im ready for AFL.

Rantall in his 1 preseason game showed more then he has in 2 years as far as AFL ready.

Imo you have Callum and Daicos around the wrong way in where i would pick them. Callum given more opportunity but Daicos imo is the better of the 2 atm.
Totally agree. Brown has been given more opportunity and Daicos has had to work very hard for his.

saha

Cancelled
Jul 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's struggling with ball handling which for a midget is a fundamental requirement to not fumble.

Perhaps away from the greasy conditions in Sydney he'll be better in Perth. If he isnt dropped first.

I generally believe him to be pretty good in tight, but he seems to get himself into trouble by either trying to be too fancy with a quick handball or biting off more than he can chew physically.

I also think his errors are magnified as the opportunities squandered usually are significant inside F50 or in a positive attacking chain. He does offer great pressure and energy but it seems he just goes missing for large chunks of the game - something a few of our forwards need to work on changing

Back