Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Thought he was pretty good for a 20 gamer, as he should have had three goals to go with his 9 tackles. Too bad about that blocking free kick which overturned one.
What was the story with that? When and why have they stopped allowing you to shepherd through a goal? Did the umpire stuff uo or is that the new ruling?

What was the story with that? When and why have they stopped allowing you to shepherd through a goal? Did the umpire stuff uo or is that the new ruling?
I don’t know, because there was a ******* Homeland Security operation to ensure we didn’t get a ******* replay,

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
Interesting observation and something I've noticed with him too.

He was good today and I've been a critic so credit where it's due. He seems to thrive in scrappy games because his first instincts are good, quick and he has clean hands.

He is the total opposite when in space or if he has time. He's completely clueless on the spread. If he can develop his outside game to a point where he's not a liability he could make it, because the rest is promising.

Weird player, but good game.

Well done lad.
The reflexes are lightning, he's got that fast twitch movement Boomer Harvey had.

It was the right call. You can usually get away with a fair bit though if you look like you're trying to get the ball, which WHE did not.
By the rules, it's a free. I just don't remember ever seeing it interpreted thst way. In the past, it's always been treated like a ground ball shepherd rather than a shepherd in a marking contest.

I had Doubts and I still have a Few but AFL Games this Season is starting to Convert me into a Fan of His
I have never doubted him, have watched him closely, he will be good as I think Daicos will too.

Brown's stats included 9 tackles, Pendles the same. The highest.

CaptainHowdy87

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I can see the argument re stats,but stats do they reflect the true story?
Personally i can see three goals that where created from Callums work to players up the ground.
And i would take that every week compared to players that turn ball the over to the opposition week after week.

I just can't take the stats guys like Kappa seriously.

I watched the game. I know what I saw and I don't care what the stats say as they don't even come close to telling the whole story. Never have and never will.

saha

Cancelled
Jul 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don’t know why people have been so quick to get the boot in. With his immature frame he was always going to take a while and we needed to value the small moments we see and his appetite for the contest. Very confident he will be a player for us for a long while. Well done to him tonight. 2 games in 3 weeks well above average

Back