Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I love the way he is developing, so I'm not going to mention that one where he burst into the clear 25 out directly in front and then handballed it backwards to a flat footed Mason Cox. WTF was that?

Wasn't clear from the TV coverage but I'd assumed he must have been running head long into a wall of Dees players.

Wasn't clear from the TV coverage but I'd assumed he must have been running head long into a wall of Dees players.
He was definitely heading straight at at least one Demons player, still I think he was better off taking the player on, or going a quick kick over the top, than handballing to Mason.

I love the way he is developing, so I'm not going to mention that one where he burst into the clear 25 out directly in front and then handballed it backwards to a flat footed Mason Cox. WTF was that?
Did you say something?

He was definitely heading straight at at least one Demons player, still I think he was better off taking the player on, or going a quick kick over the top, than handballing to Mason.

And he'd taken about 5 steps already so plenty of time to kick the goal. It was one of many goals we left out there in the first half. We should have had the game iced at half time. As dangerous as our forward line are looking, we're not consistently taking advantage of periods of dominance.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
His kicking is still an issue such that he doesn’t trust himself either. It will come.
He’d be the type of bloke who would be working on it hard. He’s never going to be fantastic but if he can get his confidence up he’ll be fine imo.

Wish he snapped that goal when he was running full tilt, but it’s just about the hardest kick in football to come off.

He’d be the type of bloke who would be working on it hard. He’s never going to be fantastic but if he can get his confidence up he’ll be fine imo.

Wish he snapped that goal when he was running full tilt, but it’s just about the hardest kick in football to come off.

I don't think his kicking is an issue. He's looked a really neat in general play.

Oct 6, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
I think he's pushed himself ahead of both Varcoe and Thomas, so I think he's safe in terms of selection. I'm hoping the match committee agrees with me.

Agreed, although Bucks has been on record that JT is not in danger of being dropped.

But I think with Elliott and Adams back, I'd also drop JT ahead of Cal Brown right now.

grayza2018

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2017
The Cottage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
He's in until Adams is right, then might get squeezed out unfortunately. Got to keep playing him at every opportunity, let him develop at the highest level possible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
He’s getting speedier

I likes

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
His change of direction and tractability is a big weapon in the forward half. He looks quicker but with so many 190cm players in the AFL these days, guys like Cal can turn on a dime and wrong foot them.

hellfire

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 21, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
If he can find a way to stay involved throughout the match, he will be a star. He is seriously good, just goes missing.

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Righto Callum, you are showing a bit, but here’s your challenge.
Let’s have the breakout game! Something like 25+ possies or bagging 4/5 goals.
You’ve got it in you and we are skinny at the moment - no Adams, Beames, Elliott, Stephenson, Wells (all those play roles somewhat like we expect of Callum)
So bust out and have that breakout please - we need it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back