Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

Seems reasonable for both parties, tbh.

Let's say the future fourth cancels out Tarrant, and 40 cancels out 42, we get CCJ + 47 for North's future second.

Assume North finishes bottom, that values CCJ around Pick 30. About slap in the middle of what both sets of supporters were claiming he was worth.

Let's say the future fourth cancels out Tarrant, and 40 cancels out 42, we get CCJ + 47 for North's future second.

Assume North finishes bottom, that values CCJ around Pick 30. About slap in the middle of what both sets of supporters were claiming he was worth.
Yeah it's a fair deal. But North fans have been in here all week saying they didn't have to give a fair deal. "Pick 38 or PSD" is all we've heard from them since this all began, so it definitely feels like a win for Richmond fans

It is a reasonable trade for both teams, but funny bearing in mind how confident the North fans were on here that we would be reamed and we should just have been grateful they would give us anything for him.

The way you have broken it our is exactly how I've assessed it too.

Tarrant for a future 4th (which is what I expected)
40 and 42 - meh who careas
CCJ and 47 for a future 2nd.

tarrant is not worth a future 4th. hes a classic pick 90 'just to move them to where they want' style trade.

my guess, the club dont see themselves going to the fourth round next year so dont care. have 4 picks before then, probably anticipating 1-2 retirements and 1-2 delistings.

Yeah it's a fair deal. But North fans have been in here all week saying they didn't have to give a fair deal. "Pick 38 or PSD" is all we've heard from them since this all began, so it definitely feels like a win for Richmond fans
Yep it’s like getting a draw from a game after being 5 goals down with 5 mins to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes the trade is effectively CCJ fot Tarrant and pick 37, nothing to write home about but better than nothing.
I don't get your argument, we sent 2 picks we won't use, who cares what points they were.

we got north's future 2nd which will likely be 19-22 next season. pick 40 we won't use, but we could trade it still

Both clubs should be commended for working with each other.
not going to get into who won the trade as trades are meant to be 50/50 even if rarely works out that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back