Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

I don't get your argument, we sent 2 picks we won't use, who cares what points they were.

we got north's future 2nd which will likely be 19-22 next season. pick 40 we won't use, but we could trade it still
No one doesn't use picks below pick 50. I don't think it has ever happened.
I'm just giving you the breakdown from the draft points using the draft calculator.
One thing I didn't take into account is that we now keep the Chol compo pick so that is a big bonus.

It's a win for North imo and acceptable to us as we keep the Chol compo.
I think you are underestimating how good Tarrant is going to be for us.
anyway, doesn’t matter now.

I think he can be a great gorilla forward (think Lynch, Dixon, Hawkins), but he's really bad in the ruck.

Agree. He is a good mark and has very good size. If he develops his body a little more and with the right level of development, can give North tremendous service as a forward.

There is no way on this planet that he can become a ruckman though. I haven't seen anything in him that says he could become a ruck...even part time.

All the best CCJ.

And welcome to Robbie Tarrant. If he stays on the park he will be very good for us. Astbury was very good for us but at his best, Tarrant is an upgrade.

Now to work out how to spend 6 picks in the first 40.

Pretty happy with the end deal given North had the PSD. I’m not sold on CCJ as a forest I think he is a little bit to lanky to play as a forward, but could definitely make it as a mobile marking ruckman.

North were very fair in my opinion so would expect the Tigers will always reciprocate going forward.

Death, taxes and North performing terribly during trade period. Always talk a big game, rarely get their target or give up plenty.

A future 2nd could be pick 19 - 22 for a guy who has played a dozen games. Out of contract, pick 1 in the PSD....big win to the Tigers. Those picks in the 40s mean nothing when you consider their draft hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North were very fair in my opinion so would expect the Tigers will always reciprocate going forward.
Yep, they were very fair. Good karma, it will come back, no doubt.

We've been fair about Higgins, Butler etc, both teams backrooms have a good rep, and keep it coming out of this.

Both clubs should be commended for working with each other.
not going to get into who won the trade as trades are meant to be 50/50 even if rarely works out that way.

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.

No one doesn't use picks below pick 50. I don't think it has ever happened.
I'm just giving you the breakdown from the draft points using the draft calculator.
One thing I didn't take into account is that we now keep the Chol compo pick so that is a big bonus.

We don't have the list spots to have used them, so even if we wanted to, we wouldn't be allowed to.

Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

Have nothing against Richmond too by the way. With the Geelong's of this world that got kissed on the pecker with F/S and off the field by the state govt., Richmond have earned their success.

Even taking out who wins the trade, can't figure out why it took until the eleventh hour though. Really odd week.

Have nothing against Richmond too by the way. With the Geelong's of this world that got kissed on the pecker with F/S and off the field by the state govt., Richmond have earned their success.

Even taking out who wins the trade, can't figure out why it took until the eleventh hour though. Really odd week.
That’s good of you to say.
we did it the hard way through expansion and multiple compromised drafts.
our rookie picks have been quite unbelievable what you think about it.
No reason why north can’t land a good player with pick 1 in the psd still. Club is well and truly on the right track.
ccj will be a very good key forward for north. If they can turn him into a ruck, which he hasn’t shown he is so far, then it’s a huge get.

But looking forward to the Larkey and CCJ combo

Good contested mark, ungainly kicking action but surprisingly very good set shot on goal.
he will be a very good player for your mob.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back