Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

Well thats more than what north supporters are offering for the most part.

I'd be fine with 38 if we get a third party involved so that we make whatever upgrade as part of the same deal. The club doesn't want to get a pick it cant use under the pretence it can just trade it up only to be stuck with it because no other club comes to the party.

North can give you a future 4th for 38. Since you can't use it and all!

You should be focusing on the spoon because Geelong will be challenging you in a few years and they will be there for quiet some time one would imagine.

So its would not be good sitting around 15th and 16th year after year

I don't think North will be Cellar Dwellers for as long as you think Magicman.

Absolutely taking their list going fowards over the Crows, Pies, Saints, Hawks, Cats, Eagles etc

Need another young KPD and maybe another midfield bull to eventually replace Cunnington and a speedy wingman, and another good key Foward to help Larkey, but they have the ingredients of a really good team on the rise.

What is attractive about the North offer again?

flirting at the margins?

The need for North to create a narrative appears strong

Opportunity, starting in 2022.

Not some never, never offer like yours; where he may be the replacement for Jack. Until you trade for someone else.

Opportunity, starting in 2022.

Not some never, never offer like yours; where he may be the replacement for Jack. Until you trade for someone else.

CCJ is never a replacement for Jack. They are totally different players. CCJ demonstrated who could play alongside Jack

Its more about what we do with the rest of our forward line and ruck stocks in the years ahead like the next few years

I don't think North will be Cellar Dwellers for as long as you think Magicman.

Absolutely taking their list going fowards over the Crows, Pies, Saints, Hawks, Cats, Eagles etc

Need another young KPD and maybe another midfield bull to eventually replace Cunnington and a speedy wingman, and another good key Foward to help Larkey, but they have the ingredients of a really good team on the rise.

With respect I am a Richmond supporter and we are experts on being cellar dwellers. Its only been twenty or so years for the blues, you still have a lot to learn and so do North it would appear.

Looks like Melbourne learn't their lesson but premiership droughts do that to clubs

CCJ is never a replacement for Jack. They are totally different players.

Its more about what we do with the rest of our forward line and ruck stocks in the years ahead like the next few years
Not according to some of your fellow travelers.

Balme giving him a clip has ensured he is leaving with zero regrets. Unprofessional in the extreme. I expect that behaviour from that old cow Caro and her perpetual hatred of all things North; being the RFC media mouthpiece and all.

Balme giving him a clip has ensured he is leaving with zero regrets. Unprofessional in the extreme. I expect that behaviour from that old cow Caro and her perpetual hatred of all things North; being the RFC media mouthpiece and all.

Balme never gave him a clip, I heard that SEN call, it was good natured in context. I know the propaganda machine will construe it otherwise though

What?

Caro doesn't speak for the club.

Hardwick doesn't speak to Carrow at all after the BS she vomited about his marriage.

He plays depending on the fitness of Lynch, Riewoldt, Nankervis & Soldo, and may or may not get games depending on the match-ups, venue, weather etc.

Came into the side the first time this year the first game Lynch missed.

Sounds like depth to me.

Also suspended for 7 games, injured for 2 games.

So played 8 out of 13 possible games when available for selection.

Why you offering 4-5 years and 2+ million to a player worth 4th round pick then?

Because that's how it ******* works with out of contract players, especially going to a bottom side.

Firstly, get them to commit to your club.

The value is either in 1) the contract OR 2) the trade table.

Considering we are overpaying based on performance to get him to commit to the club, we aren't then going to overpay Richmond. It's a bend over, he wants out and doesn't want to stay, and we've got all the leverage once he elects to move.

It quite literally happens all the time? Salaries /=/ trade value for uncontracted players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hold up. This is being heavily exaggerated, not strictly just by you. The boys were responsible for a 75k fine, 25k was triggered because Mrs Cotchin needed me time. One of those players, the one that earned "back the trust of the club", spent time in the clink in January for making the same mistake again. Both players were going to pay the fine until the AFLPA stepped in and said it was the responsibility of the club (which it really is, they were in a club run hub). And that's not to mention the narrative that somebody lost a job over it, I can't see that proven anywhere any further than talk at the time it may have that effect on the 2021 soft cap with nothing to say it did. If there has been an article this year showing how staff member x had to be let go because of a fine in the soft cap then I'd happily renege on that point.

Kid's been run over the coals the last couple of days for getting 37.5k for a kebab and wanting to prioritise his career. No player owes a club in these situations.

Not to mention, part of the reason Richmond stood by him was because he was a talented young player. Not a gun or established, but optimistically, he's got enough talent.

Hardly like they did it out of charity. They wanted to reap the benefits of on field performance, so they stuck by him. Not out of the goodness of their hearts.

If he had been utter s**t this year they would have flicked him without a moments notice, not even blinking, none of this "stand by him". Showed enough to get offered a new contract.

Bit like if Comben went out on the piss in lockdown, I'd expect North to stand by him after giving him his right whack because optimistically he's got a bright future, whereas if McGuinness or Bosu did it, they'd have a tougher time.

This is exactly the type of commentary that cements the view that Pick 38 is not only a fair deal, it's overs.

Can't have it both ways Tiger fans.

OOC, VFL Player, 9 AFL games in 4 years.

You should be very grateful to get Pick 38.
The copium from tigers fans...

From smashing plates and crying 36 hours ago to now "lol norf he is s**t"

:$

Pretty stock standard rate of games for depth player?

No, I don't think so. It's an average of 13.5 games/year so would be on track for 200ish over a full 15 year career.

Most players don't get anywhere near that.

But we really are getting into the semantics right now.

Clearly both clubs consider CCJ to be more than a depth player, which is why we want him to stay and you want him to leave. He has what it takes to be best 22, no problem.

Not to mention, part of the reason Richmond stood by him was because he was a talented young player. Not a gun or established, but optimistically, he's got enough talent.

Hardly like they did it out of charity. They wanted to reap the benefits of on field performance, so they stuck by him. Not out of the goodness of their hearts.

If he had been utter sh*t this year they would have flicked him without a moments notice, not even blinking, none of this "stand by him". Showed enough to get offered a new contract.

Bit like if Comben went out on the piss in lockdown, I'd expect North to stand by him after giving him his right whack because optimistically he's got a bright future, whereas if McGuinness or Bosu did it, they'd have a tougher time.

Stack on the other hand had a poor 2020 before his suspension, then ended up in jail (which I personally think was a disgrace in itself).

Stuck by him, despite poor form & off-field issues.

It's a very thin line between 'keep him, he have talent' and 'fho, he's crap' because ultimately clubs endeavor not to keep crap players on their lists, right?

Tigers kept them both and I am satisfied that it's because the club has built a culture of supportive environments that prevents most players from leaving.

Really?

RFC obviously didn't rate him. Otherwise they would be offering him a longer/better paid contract.

Name another industry where you would be able to apply pressure to another party once the contract has expired. Not a single one. In fact, there are laws against coercion and the like.

Caro is just being the spiteful old cow she has always been since the days of Keith Greig.
Who cares what Caro says? She doesn’t represent the RFC. And please don’t compare AFL to any other industry as it’s not the same. I don’t think Richmond are applying any pressure, end of the day the player is free to do what they like, whether it is selfish or not.

Who cares what Caro says? She doesn’t represent the RFC. And please don’t compare AFL to any other industry as it’s not the same. I don’t think Richmond are applying any pressure, end of the day the player is free to do what they like, whether it is selfish or not.

Except contract law is EXACTLY the same everywhere. People like to think that football is different and gets special exemptions. Here is a hint for you, they don't. They are not special or protected, they have to obey the law just like the rest of the businesses that use contracts.

The self-delusion in the industry and its supporters is a sight to behold.

Except contract law is EXACTLY the same everywhere. People like to think that football is different and gets special exemptions. Here is a hint for you, they don't. They are not special or protected, they have to obey the law just like the rest of the businesses that use contracts.

The self-delusion in the industry and its supporters is a sight to behold.
Bullshit.
For one the draft itself would be seen as restraint of trade if it was just like any other industry.

Bullshit.
For one the draft itself would be seen as restraint of trade if it was just like any other industry.
You mistake players not exercising their rights as making the restriction legal.

Show me the legislation, as in the piece of law, that validates your claims of exemption.

Good luck.

Sounds like Glen Luff has earnt his salary for this potential trade alone.

So far CCJ is:

sh*t

Potential KPF for 10 years

Ungrateful

Pragmatic

Best 22

Back up depth

And that is just from the Richmond supporters.

What do the North supporters think he is?

A good get?

Or just another hack to throw money at?

Clearly both clubs rate him a B grade player IMO.

What do the North supporters think he is?

A good get?

Or just another hack to throw money at?

Clearly both clubs rate him a B grade player IMO.
A good get. He fixes a list hole for us.
Heres how i think it goes.
North offer pick 69. Richmond reject it and ask for pick 20.
It drags on for a considerable amount of trade week.
Gets done last minute for pick 38.
Considering pick 38 doesn't have much use to the tigers, I can see this being a PSD job.
Both clubs will be a long way apart imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back