Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Spot on.

Not sure what part of "no leverage" the same Richmond posters seem to be unable to grasp.

CCJ for Norths current or future 2nd round pick is about as realistic as Mr Magic playing for Richmond next year.

Your list manager doesn’t even have to speak to Richmond and CCJ would still end up a North player.

38 keeps it civil.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond

Looks like RFC has made a list management problem and needs to solve it now or in the next few years.

Either way something has to give over time.

I think the trouble is its about assessing where the club and list is at over the next few years.

I do not even think this is about Jack. Its about different perceptions of windows and career options over the next 1-3 years between clubs their list direction and players and obviously some have different opinions.

The other question is what North is offering worth a lot really?

Do some of the parties lack imagination in terms of alternate options that increase and change over time?

This is not just about Richmond and North either. Its also about Melbourne and the Bulldogs and what they do in terms of competition allowing clubs do what they like to pursue. Nothing occurs in a vaccum.

It could be RFC, in 12 months, the players and club need CCJ more than they think they just do not realise it yet

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At the end of 2020, we traded out brown, for unders I might add, and people questioned the list management of backing Larkey in.

He kicked 42, after a quiet start and being one out KPF wise, in the bottom team. and he is only 23.

The future looks like he will have 3 mates alongside him at or around 200cm. Comben as the permanent forward and CCJ and Edwards both rotating ruck, forward and bench. There’s a lot of crossing our fingers there but also a ton of upside.

Then Zurhaar.

Thomas, Stevo, Curtis Taylor, Eddie Ford, just need that lighting small pressure forward and we are set.

All serviced by a young midfield of Simpkin, LDU, Phillips, Powell and JHF (plus part time Thomas and Stevo).

The future is very bright at North!

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
At the end of 2020, we traded out brown, for unders I might add, and people questioned the list management of backing Larkey in.

He kicked 42, after a quiet start and being one out KPF wise, in the bottom team. and he is only 23.

The future looks like he will have 3 mates alongside him at or around 200cm. Comben as the permanent forward and CCJ and Edwards both rotating ruck, forward and bench. There’s a lot of crossing our fingers there but also a ton of upside.

Then Zurhaar.

Thomas, Stevo, Curtis Taylor, Eddie Ford, just need that lighting small pressure forward and we are set.

All serviced by a young midfield of Simpkin, LDU, Phillips, Powell and JHF (plus part time Thomas and Stevo).

The future is very bright at North!

Is that your pitch?:rolleyes: Not hard to see how some think your getting way ahead of yourselves.

What are North even trying to do? I see your ignoring your backline and must have trouble offloading players to get more draft picks.

How would Larkey and CCJ even work? Not sure what advantages North are actually offering. If the where other clubs there might be a better case for CCJ. Not sure why CCJ would want to be pidgeon-holed at North for the longer term

Last edited:

perplexed

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is that your pitch?:rolleyes: Not hard to see how some think your getting way ahead of yourselves.

What are North even trying to do? I see your ignoring your backline and must have trouble offloading players to get more draft picks.

How would Larkey and CCJ even work? Not sure what advantages North are actually offering. If the where other clubs there might be a better case for CCJ. Not sure why CCJ would want to be pidgeon-holed at North for the longer term
Clearly the North pitch worked and the Richmond one didn't. Get over it!

Looks like RFC has made a list management problem and needs to solve it now or in the next few years.

Either way something has to give over time.

I think the trouble is its about assessing where the club and list is at over the next few years.

I do not even think this is about Jack. Its about different perceptions of windows and career options over the next 1-3 years between clubs their list direction and players and obviously some have different opinions.

The other question is what North is offering worth a lot really?

Do some of the parties lack imagination in terms of alternate options that increase and change over time?

This is not just about Richmond and North either. Its also about Melbourne and the Bulldogs and what they do in terms of competition allowing clubs do what they like to pursue. Nothing occurs in a vaccum.

It could be RFC, in 12 months, the players and club need CCJ more than they think they just do not realise it yet

Think you're overthinking it mate.

It's a bloke who is getting told he'll get more senior time at another club, and another club offering more security to demonstrate their interest.

Simple as that.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

For a start we are offering him game time. Something that all players want, and Richmond have obviously told him no.

Andyy

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Jack spoke really well.

Jack is better than 100% of you idiot jump ties from Richmond that have whined like a small child.

Off topic for the thread sorry but i thought he was a good presence throughout the show. I wouldn't be annoyed over seeing him do more of this type of thing

He's very well spoken and mature these days.

Jack grew up years ago. Ludicrous that people still call him petulant etc. He hasn't been a 'kid' for at least 5-8 years.

He sooks about as much as any key forward tbh.

I'm also not convinced he's the reason CCJ can't get a game. I reckon we could squeeze him + Lynch + CCJ + Nank/Soldo into a team myself.

SnowRoo

Premiership Player
Feb 2, 2011
Berwick
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So the Tigers now seem a little low on tall depth.

7 for Tristan Xerri?

Back