Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

They obviously wanted the deal done and paid more than they had to so they could use the PSD for another player. Wonder who they are targeting.

They obviously wanted the deal done and paid more than they had to so they could use the PSD for another player. Wonder who they are targeting.
I also think the player and manager hold some weight in negotiations. Unless a player and club completely fall out, players that move want their club to receive adequate compensation for a trade.

I actually can’t understand North’s thinking with CJ to be honest. I can’t see him developing as a dominant ruckman, and as a forward he’s still a long way off.

North move on Ben Brown who’s still only 28 and don’t make a play for Sam Weideman 26, or Mabior Chol 24 all have much more exposed form at AFL level.

Agree they should have made an offer for Weideman, he didnt have the best year but clearly has the size and skill to be a key forward. His lack of a second efforts and real desire appears to holds him back, but in a new environment could be fixed.

I also think the player and manager hold some weight in negotiations. Unless a player and club completely fall out, players that move want their club to receive adequate compensation for a trade.
They should have held firm on pick 40 for CCJ and asked for a future forth for Tarrant, ending up negotiating back to 40 and Tarrant for CCJ.

They should have held firm on pick 40 for CCJ and asked for a future forth for Tarrant, ending up negotiating back to 40 and Tarrant for CCJ.
From North’s perspective it was stated early they didn’t think CJ was worth pick 20, yet the value and length of contract contradicted this. To poach a non-free agent, clubs tend to pay to get them, irrespective of the PSD.

I think Tarrant at 32 is steak knives to the arrangement, North only offered a 1 year contract to begin with, which is also probably fair. At 32 he’s a year to year proposition, which means we have also taken a risk.

Interesting comments from Rawlings on the ruck situation on SEN this morning. Looks like CCJ will be spending a decent amount of time forward.

If Xerri goes, we will look at bringing in another ruckman. "

'Very much a required player, we have no interest in moving Tristan on and it will take a very good offer to move him on' - Brady Rawlings

re CCJ "....someone who can ruck post Goldy....WITH Tristan...."

Interesting comments from Rawlings on the ruck situation on SEN this morning. Looks like CCJ will be spending a decent amount of time forward.

If Xerri goes, we will look at bringing in another ruckman. "

'Very much a required player, we have no interest in moving Tristan on and it will take a very good offer to move him on' - Brady Rawlings

re CCJ "....someone who can ruck post Goldy....WITH Tristan...."
This is a wise move, CCJ is much better suited to the 75/25 Forward/Ruck role rather than the reverse.

This is a wise move, CCJ is much better suited to the 75/25 Forward/Ruck role rather than the reverse.
Yes completely agree from what I’ve seen

No you didnt. Fooling yourself if you think you would trade an early 20s pick for two mid 40s. It was one deal, not three

The real issue here is that some of our supporters don’t even understand how bad the trade is, given our #1 pick in the PSD.

Reeks of guilt trip from CCJ, not wanting to have to live in Melbourne and be confronted by grown men in jungle-themed onesies rattling Save Our Skins cans.

I can understand his position.

We will wrap our arms around him, and he will know that success and attacking people in kebab joints doesn’t need to be mutually exclusive.

The real issue here is that some of our supporters don’t even understand how bad the trade is, given our #1 pick in the PSD.

Reeks of guilt trip from CCJ, not wanting to have to live in Melbourne and be confronted by grown men in jungle-themed onesies rattling Save Our Skins cans.

I can understand his position.

We will wrap our arms around him, and he will know that success and attacking people in kebab joints doesn’t need to be mutually exclusive.

Back then it would have been a full time job just putting out fires at the Kangas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

38 or PSD wasn't it North fans? :$

North Melbourne football boss Brady Rawlings says Callum Coleman-Jones wouldn’t have come to the club if it elected to force him through the pre-season draft

“It sounds quite simple as you can walk someone to a pre-season draft - it doesn’t quite work that way,” he said.

“Once you get a player to that point, you work closely with the manager to get a trade done. If we were to get him out of line and say we’re going to walk him to the pre-season draft, a player doesn’t want that to occur to his original club and the manager probably doesn't want that to occur either.

“If we took that stance, then I don’t think Callum probably would have chosen this footy club.”

------------------------------

Pretty sure most Richmond fans echoed the same sentiment as above and were mocked by overzealous North posters....
Where's that cringe fest custom Hitler vid one poster made? :poo:

Copped an injury so hopefully he’s ok. He rucked a fair bit whilst Goldy played forward.

But from what I saw today I think he’s far more of a forward right now, which is probably why they gave him ruck minutes to get a good test in that.

He’s a good player but Xerri and Comben might be better rucks and better forwards respectively. Going to be interesting to see how that works out.

Copped an injury so hopefully he’s ok. He rucked a fair bit whilst Goldy played forward.

But from what I saw today I think he’s far more of a forward right now, which is probably why they gave him ruck minutes to get a good test in that.

He’s a good player but Xerri and Comben might be better rucks and better forwards respectively. Going to be interesting to see how that works out.
From everything we saw at Richmond, he's never going to be a great ruck, but a good KPF/back up to give the number 1 a chop out is his potential.

Cannot Ruck.

Fantasy land he’s Goldy’s replacement.

You robbed us of the 2nd, we should have walked away
Yeah ruck was never his strength from what I saw of him over the years, which is why the talk from the North camp saying he was brought over to play as a ruck puzzled me.

North can still get good value from him in general play and the forward line though.

Writing him off because of a half of footy in a practice match when he's come up against the best ruck in the comp lololololololololololol.
Work on your comprehension skills....

No one's written him off, everyone has just rightly commented that he hasn't shown much promise in the ruck and that's probably not his greatest strength or prospect, however as a KPF/back up ruck he could be great value in that role with a big forward and back up ruck more suited to his abilities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back