Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

ChairmanZia

Debutant
Mar 11, 2024
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Xerri is miles in front of him, has as much AFL experience and was picked 52 picks later in the same draft.

So let me ask again, who after xerri and ccj on our list has afl experience...as genuine ruckman? I believe i have asked this a few times already. It's not like right now we have mcintosh, hale, goldstein, petrie, currie, t.campbell.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So if xerri goes down what then?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why does everyone think CCJ can ruck?

The bloke is useless. Zurhaar and/or Greenwood woukd dominate CCJ in a ruck contest.

I actually think a skinny Zane Duursma would as well. CCJ for a bloke his size is weak as piss.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So let me ask again, who after xerri and ccj on our list has afl experience...as genuine ruckman? I believe i have asked this a few times already. It's not like right now we have mcintosh, hale, goldstein, petrie, currie, t.campbell.
I would actually rather us give games to Goad who is miles off it than keep persisting with the mega spud that is CCJ.

You could at least instruct him to keep out of Larkey’s space and draw a defender.

ChairmanZia

Debutant
Mar 11, 2024
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I would actually rather us give games to Goad who is miles off it than keep persisting with the mega spud that is CCJ.

You could at least instruct him to keep out of Larkey’s space and draw a defender.

Pretty much every word there had nothing to do with answering the key question...the answer is noboy, so weather you like it or not, xerri and ccj are our top 2 ruckmen...for this year at least.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pretty much every word there had nothing to do with answering the key question...the answer is noboy, so weather you like it or not, xerri and ccj are our top 2 ruckmen...for this year at least.
I’ve answered the question a million times. CCJ is not a ruckman or even 2nd ruckman, he gets destroyed every time he gives X a rest. He also isn’t a forward.

So my answer would be play anyone and you will get a better result. You could even play an additional midfielder give up the ruck, because CCJ gives up every contest with his pissweak effort anyway. At least then we might get some benefit up forward.

I even mentioned Goad because he could literally sit in the pocket and pick his nose and be more effective than CCJ (Mr -12). Larkey for one would love not having a brain dead footballer lead into his space and bring his defender into the contest.

So my answer is anybody!

I dont know how anybody could watch CCJ’s ruck work and think it is close to the standard required of a part time ruck man.

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

If Xerri goes down, I think we just forfeit. Less embarrassing that way.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ve answered the question a million times. CCJ is not a ruckman or even 2nd ruckman, he gets destroyed every time he gives X a rest. He also isn’t a forward.

So my answer would be play anyone and you will get a better result. You could even play an additional midfielder give up the ruck, because CCJ gives up every contest with his pissweak effort anyway. At least then we might get some benefit up forward.

I even mentioned Goad because he could literally sit in the pocket and pick his nose and be more effective than CCJ (Mr -12). Larkey for one would love not having a brain dead footballer lead into his space and bring his defender into the contest.

So my answer is anybody!

I dont know how anybody could watch CCJ’s ruck work and think it is close to the standard required of a part time ruck man.
Have to pull you up on anybody. For example tattoo from fantasy island for example is a character. And i dont even think the actor that played him is still alive. All symantics of course because we know if he was a real person and not an actor and was actually still alive he would do ccj in a heartbeat. So prolly nearly anybody is a more accurate answer.
Seriously speaking free for example couldnt possibly be worse given he is an actual recignised ruckman that has rucked.

Thirdly the ziebel rates him so the jury rests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back