Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure who in here was emotionally invested in St Kilda paying up.

You didn't just tie that into the grievances over the CCJ trade to make a false emotive argument?
Bit of a conflation by Frank I think. There was a certainly a contingent that wanted X out, and another that were gleeful that we held firm against St Kilda (as opposed to critical that they didn't pony up). That said I recall at least one poster bemoaning strongly that we didn't just get what we could for him.

El Triggso

Foremost authority and leading expert
Sep 26, 2013
Club cafe
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I suspect that most people who were upset about the CCJ trade will quieten down now that he confirmed he didn't want to go through the PSD. Some will probably take it out on him though.

I still wish it hadn't cost us a future second, but the sum of all parts is probably about fair once the PSD leverage was removed.
I am a supporter of the current list management team, they are doing a fine job overall, but I am still uncomfortable about including that second rounder and the question marks on that specific trade outcome are still warranted in my view.

The full context of that trade is that we also helped Richmond keep pick 38 and they got our vice captain. Compared with Luffy’s talk about knowing the value of CCJ, we back tracked a long way.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am a supporter of the current list management team, they are doing a fine job overall, but I am still uncomfortable about including that second rounder and the question marks on that specific trade outcome are still warranted in my view.

The full context of that trade is that we also helped Richmond keep pick 38 and they got our vice captain. Compared with Luffy’s talk about knowing the value of CCJ, we back tracked a long way.

I think a lot depends on what compensation Taz would have garnered, if any. If it was a third rounder we surely overpaid, otherwise I think it's alright (not great, but not a reaming either).

Good interview. The interviewer asks all the right questions!

Rob Burton has always seemed to help create some really good quality content for the club.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
fu** off dickhead.

Coward. Not you, I like this posting of yours. But CCJ.

Imagine not wanting to screw over your former employer (who didn’t sign you up when they had the chance) - so what do you do, you screw over the club paying you overs to have you sit in the VFL for 4 years. (Possible if Edwards and Comben stay fit/come on quicker than expected).

Or you don’t see the world like I do?

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
fu** off dickhead.

Players screw their former clubs all the time in soccer, run their contract down and walk for free and then get paid more (as the club doesn’t have to pay a transfer fee).

He didn’t want to do this because of the big bad men wearing jungle themed onesies attacking him in the street with their words.

He’s reamed them and now he wants to go and snuggle up in bed afterwards and say sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne

There's a bit in this, and for me I'm happy to have moved on and like what CCJ offers to us for next year.

Firstly, all things being considered, a future 2nd if we aren't at or near the bottom is ok for CCJ. The other component between pick 40 and Tarrant for a couple of worse picks in the 40s suggests that we swapped Tarrant for one of those and then dropped a few back from 40 for the privilege of handing over Tarrant.

That component doesn't sit well with me.

Anyway, I've moved on and looking forward to the draft and CCJ playing in the blue and white next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a bit in this, and for me I'm happy to have moved on and like what CCJ offers to us for next year.

Firstly, all things being considered, a future 2nd if we aren't at or near the bottom is ok for CCJ. The other component between pick 40 and Tarrant for a couple of worse picks in the 40s suggests that we swapped Tarrant for one of those and then dropped a few back from 40 for the privilege of handing over Tarrant.

Anyway, I've moved on and looking forward to the draft and CCJ playing in the blue and white next season.
Taz was a free agent, we did another club a favour. Future 2nd and 3rd round picks trading will only become an issue when they stop it, until then it is like refinancing your mortgage every year.

The Dougster

All Australian
Dec 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Players screw their former clubs all the time in soccer, run their contract down and walk for free and then get paid more (as the club doesn’t have to pay a transfer fee).

He didn’t want to do this because of the big bad men wearing jungle themed onesies attacking him in the street with their words.

He’s reamed them and now he wants to go and snuggle up in bed afterwards and say sorry.
I recommend leaving places of employment on good terms, if it's possible.

Love how he straight away mentioned that he's looking forward to playing with our up and coming midfield.

Normally don't mind your schtick, but maybe leave rape out next time?

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Taz was a free agent, we did another club a favour. Future 2nd and 3rd round picks trading will only become an issue when they stop it, until then it is like refinancing your mortgage every year.

I think the point is that something coming our way for doing them a favour seems like the right thing to do, and this didn't happen.

After all, we're not a registered charity.

Intothewind

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The trade result for CCJ in and losing Taz reallly depends on how high you rate CCJ (seems both Richmond and North clubs rate him higher than North fans). Taz we all know is a star but his last few months were not his best (on this one North fans seem to rate Taz higher than RFC or NMFC)...... so guess we wont know untill we see his progress next year. One thing we do know is we have a lot of unknowns in the big man department except for Goldy. CCJ, Chom, Edwards....all kinda similar, all could be anything or nothing. Not forgetting Xerri but who knows where his heads at.

The Dougster

All Australian
Dec 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

A bit of pressure on him to perform and that can only be a good thing

The trade result for CCJ in and losing Taz reallly depends on how high you rate CCJ (seems both Richmond and North clubs rate him higher than North fans). Taz we all know is a star but his last few months were not his best (on this one North fans seem to rate Taz higher than RFC or NMFC)...... so guess we wont know untill we see his progress next year. One thing we do know is we have a lot of unknowns in the big man department except for Goldy. CCJ, Chom, Edwards....all kinda similar, all could be anything or nothing. Not forgetting Xerri but who knows where his heads at.
Taz has been unhappy with the club, and his spot in it, for a while. I was surprised he chose Richmond to go to, but all luck to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back