Player Watch #21: Callum Coleman-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure about his ruckwork because of the lack of footage but his marking reminds me a lot of Shaun Rehn back in the day and the older posters know how good he was before his knees collapsed

you mean before the disc ****ed his life

Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
That said I recall at least one poster bemoaning strongly that we didn't just get what we could for him.
Guilty as charged.
Won't belabor my point since it was exceedingly unpopular. Just thought if someone wants out and has a better deal in place with more opportunity we shouldn't deny a player his wishes if the deal is fair (and I think a future 3rd was fair).
However obviously the club and many posters in the know see a future for him so I hope they are proven right and I look like a dunce.

edit- change 'you' to 'they are'

Guilty as charged.
Won't belabor my point since it was exceedingly unpopular. Just thought if someone wants out and has a better deal in place with more opportunity we shouldn't deny a player his wishes if the deal is fair (and I think a future 3rd was fair).
However obviously the club and many posters in the know see a future for him so I hope you are proven right and I look like a dunce.
Who are you?

Coward. Not you, I like this posting of yours. But CCJ.

Imagine not wanting to screw over your former employer (who didn’t sign you up when they had the chance) - so what do you do, you screw over the club paying you overs to have you sit in the VFL for 4 years. (Possible if Edwards and Comben stay fit/come on quicker than expected).

Or you don’t see the world like I do?
CCJ was happy not to go through the Preseason Draft. From his perspective it means he becomes a NMFC player now. But that’s not saying he wouldn’t have done so had it become a requirement. He says as much in the interview. The deal we made to trade for him is on us. Not him. I think Rawling needs to go to the Big Sam Market in StAlbans to see how haggling is done. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the point is that something coming our way for doing them a favour seems like the right thing to do, and this didn't happen.

After all, we're not a registered charity.
I don't get this. We don't know the motivation for that deal.

Maybe we thought a future second and CCJ was worth it for two picks at 40 and 41 or the chance to trade into the top 20 this year and when that option came up it was our main focus - ie lets get this chance at pick 27 sorted this season and let the chips fall where they may next year.

If we do end up with pick 27 then we've effectively swapped Taz, 40 and next year's second rounder for CCJ, pick 27 this year and next year's fouth rounder. That is a much better outcome for us over the next few years isn't it?

Maybe we are having a shot at getting CCJ, pick 27 and next year's fourth rounder for Taz, 40 and next year's second. So its not necessarily doing them a favour. Even without that maybe we've identified two or three players we think will slide to mid third round and want a good shot at getting them.

Looks like the deal with Hawthorn for Jed: It looked overs in the short-term, but when the dust settled, we actually came out winners by a fair bit.
Yea but how are some posters goin to throw a fit if they have to wait and think about it?

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back