Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

There are a lot of examples of regular first 22 players who get traded for >pick 20 examples are Aliir, Fantasia, Bruce, Aish , Keath just in the last couple years. So how could you expect to get even close to that for a guy who has played 1 game and he is best known for getting into trouble in kebab shops.
I could see the Crows being interested because Himmelberg and Frampton I can't see being regular first 22 and Waker is in his last couple years. As I understand it he is a forward first who can ruck not a monster ruck who plays a bit forward.

His value seems to be going up the less games he plays. He's worth pick 30-45 but the scarcity of rucks (even part time ones) in that age bracket means the bidding war brings that into 20-30.

I’m actually surprised he hasn’t gotten a run yet this year. Could absolutely see him find a spot in Richmond’s 22 as another marking option up forward and chopping out Nank in the ruck.

If he is gettable Gold Coast are probably the team who could use him the most and should be front of the queue imo

I’m actually surprised he hasn’t gotten a run yet this year. Could absolutely see him find a spot in Richmond’s 22 as another marking option up forward and chopping out Nank in the ruck.

If he is gettable Gold Coast are probably the team who could use him the most and should be front of the queue imo

I agree but essendon could also use another quality tall in the forward line.

The biggest question the lad has to ask himself is;

Will a perminant spot in the 22 open up for me next year.

If he cannot be 100% certain he needs to look elsewhere or watch yet another year of his career go down the drain.

I’m sure the tigers would like to keep him and the lad might also like to stay but theres got to come a time where its just no longer feasable for him..

So Tigers fans... will there definitely be a permanent spot for him in the 22 in 2022?.

If he cannot be 100% certain he needs to look elsewhere or watch yet another year of his career go down the drain.

I’m sure the tigers would like to keep him and the lad might also like to stay but theres got to come a time where its just no longer feasable for him..

So Tigers fans... will there definitely be a permanent spot for him in the 22 in 2022?.
Thats upto him really

He would have been a premiership player last year when soldo went down and we had a spot available but he decided to go to the rippers and have a kebab
He is lucky Richmond stood by him and now has just been available to play last 3 games and prior to that was still suspended

He needs to kick the door down in the VFL as he did yesterday kicking 5 goals and 19 possessions 18 hit outs
Do that for a few weeks and get a game , The game is now changed to facilitate 3 talls and we have a spot. Its upto him now to break his way into the side

Or he could not be so soft and try and earn a game.

One of the problem with the kids think they should be giving games easily at elite level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch us do the good bloke trade we always do and send him to where he asks for a token pick.

Sides are obligated to do that when fringe players get offered better contracts and more opportunity elsewhere. It’s not ‘goodwill’ from Richmond. If you’re not going to pay or play a guy how do you expect to get value at the trade table.

A good example is the suns delisting Lyons because the lions offered him 3 years when they were only willing to offer 1.

Or he could not be so soft and try and earn a game.

One of the problem with the kids think they should be giving games easily at elite level
Thats a fair enough comment when it comes to a lot of the kids..

Look at Hately as an example.. asked to be traded back to Adelaide because he couldnt get a game for GWS.. a side stacked with elite mids.. gets back to adelaide and still cant cement a spot in the side because he just isnt playing well enough.

But is this CCJ’s problem too?.. or is it that no matter how good he plays in the seconds hes got no chance of pushing out Jack or tom or the tigers ruckmen to get a spot in the 22..

If you are gonna be honest Marcel.. do you reacon it would be an easy task to knock jack and tom from their spots?.. they are champions of the club, have proven runs on the board and even if they had a couple of quiet weeks, where they played some crap footy, the selectors would still back them in to find form over a young player that might be showing good signs in the seconds..

Makes it hard for a young forward/ruck trying to break into the tigers forward line.

Thats a fair enough comment when it comes to a lot of the kids..

Look at Hately as an example.. asked to be traded back to Adelaide because he couldnt get a game for GWS.. a side stacked with elite mids.. gets back to adelaide and still cant cement a spot in the side because he just isnt playing well enough.

But is this CCJ’s problem too?.. or is it that no matter how good he plays in the seconds hes got no chance of pushing out Jack or tom or the tigers ruckmen to get a spot in the 22..

If you are gonna be honest Marcel.. do you reacon it would be an easy task to knock jack and tom from their spots?.. they are champions of the club, have proven runs on the board and even if they had a couple of quiet weeks, where they played some crap footy, the selectors would still back them in to find form over a young player that might be showing good signs in the seconds..

Makes it hard for a young forward/ruck trying to break into the tigers forward line.
Ideally we will try all 3 up front as Nank needs a chop out, if it doesn't work the 3 of them forward then he needs to look elsewhere. Can't see why it wouldn't. Nank/Soldo worked no issues.

I think we are either making him earn his spot after kebab gate or he's already indicated he's gone so no point trialling the 3 of them.

We should be talking to his manager right now... any long term option to eleviate some of the pressure off of Larkey (just needs a buddy that way he doesn't get double or triple teamed) whilst getting a decent amount of goals.

I'll be dissapointed if he doesn't get given a few games to prove himself at the top level. He performs every week in the twos, jack and tom aren't setting the world on fire and baltas impact is limited when he's thrown all over the field as a pseudo 2nd ruck.

We should be talking to his manager right now... any long term option to eleviate some of the pressure off of Larkey (just needs a buddy that way he doesn't get double or triple teamed) whilst getting a decent amount of goals.
I've always been thinking GWS/Gold Coast could use him most as a Ruck, but now that you mention it he'd probably partner well as a KPF alongside Larkey, and give a chop out in the Ruck.

I wonder if a trade along the lines of CCJ + one (or both) of Richmond's 3rd rounders (Currently Picks 42 & 48) for North's second rounder (Currently Pick 20) could work.

Will be a candidate to be walked to the PSD i would imagine.

North wont be trading for him if they take Edwards in the MSD
I mean we could always just trade to GWS/GC instead, guess it comes down to where CCJ wants to play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back