Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

they’re all contracted and I think port rates them all highly so port wouldn’t by choice.
the trick with hayes is he comes ooc in 21, and will be 22 yrs of age so I would hope we show we have a plan for him by then.

That would be a convenient time to knock the door , good age time in a good system

Any idea on how he is rucking , how he is post knee ..

I struggle to see where he fits in your group..you have a lot of tall talent

Last edited:
That would be a convenient time to knock the door , good age time in a good system

Any idea on how he is rucking , how he post knee ..

I struggle to see where he fits in your group..you have a lot of tall talent

every ruck contest he goes into (even against our own rucks like lycett) looks as lopsided as rucking Sandilands against peter Dinklage. He’s got insane leap / reach. Immense ruck potential. But he’s got zero engine right now. Will take a fair while to get that up to scratch. He’s the last ruck i would let go. Has the highest ceiling and is the best tap ruck and age aligned with a lot of our talent. He’s also the best suited to a 2 ruck system with his forward play as a junior being reasonable.

There’s been conjecture that clubs see lycett as gettable, which is hard to imagine.

Cant see them playing him, Lynch and Chol at the same time.

Chol-CCJ looks ideal long term, because they both look promising as forward options.

Ccj ruck
Chol forward pocket / ruck
Lynch / Jack key forward

If riewoldt goes again next season.

I assume this is how tigers line up next season. Assuming corona allows for it.

No disrespect to Soldo and nank. They are legendary.

Ccj would be a very good get addition port / crows

Will be interesting with Nank coming back in 2 weeks and Chol looking the goods at the moment. Unless they give Jack or Lynch a rest I can’t see him getting a game now. He got injured at the wrong time.
If it plays out that way he will be primed for a rival clubs offer.

Adelaide would be a good fit. Three years development under his belt would have him pretty much ready to go.
He’s done nothing to lessen his value from his draft selection (pick 20). Be interesting to see what his value is now.

I hope he stays.
We are lucky that since he is contracted, we hold the cards even if he requests a trade, and could possibly get overs. Even in 2021 he wouldn't be a RFA, so we could try and convince him to stay or even then try and trade him again for his value.

We are lucky that since he is contracted, we hold the cards even if he requests a trade, and could possibly get overs. Even in 2021 he wouldn't be a RFA, so we could try and convince him to stay or even then try and trade him again for his value.
The only risk then is that if he did ask to be traded at the seasons end and picked a club down the lower end of the table like Adelaide and a deal wasnt done... then he could ask for a trade to the same club again at the end of 2021 and end up walking to that club for nothing in the PSD..

The only risk then is that if he did ask to be traded at the seasons end and picked a club down the lower end of the table like Adelaide and a deal wasnt done... then he could ask for a trade to the same club again at the end of 2021 and end up walking to that club for nothing in the PSD..
That rarely if ever happens. The walk to the PSD threat is talked about in every trade as a possibility but almost never eventuates, at least not compared to the amount of times a deal is made. I get what you're saying we might get less next year, but we also might get more if his value increases and there are more suitors, or he could end up staying.

CCJ is Injured and if he wasnt he would certainly have gotten games this year and is developing beautifully
#20 in the 2017 draft 202cm 102kgs with 3 years development in him

Seen him play a ffew games at VFL last year against quality ruckman and done extremely well as well as going foward and playing the position like a true foward.

Personally i would not trade him and he is/will be our best Ruckman in 18 months time

Surely Adelaide wont grab a player like Graham. The last thing they need
I guarantee you he would offer Crows more than Steven has given to the Cats this season and is younger
Graham is the player that will lead and help create culture at a club.

Not every player needs to be a champion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, he sure isn't quick.

His best football is excellent.

But his day to day is mediocre.

Good leader though. Just a foot soldier as a player.

If Crows want good culture and a leader at the club he has plenty to offer aside from being a player.

If Crows want CCJ this trade period they'll have to pay overs, thats the only good thing for us.
Probably best for the crows to wait another year until he’s un-contracted if thats the case.

we’ll be bottom again next year... if CCJ doesnt get opportunities again next year behind Chol, Nank, lynch, Jack etc etc and asks for a trade to Adelaide.. well, it will be off to the PSD with CCJ if the tigers still want anything half decent for him..

And on top of that.. its probably even better for the crows if he spends another year being developed by the Tigers and not the dheads currently developing/coaching our players.. win/win!..

... but in all seriousness.. how does he break into this tigers team without a few injuries to those in front of him?.. How far off is Jack from retiring?..

Probably best for the crows to wait another year until he’s un-contracted if thats the case.

we’ll be bottom again next year... if CCJ doesnt get opportunities again next year behind Chol, Nank, lynch, Jack etc etc and asks for a trade to Adelaide.. well, it will be off to the PSD with CCJ if the tigers still want anything half decent for him..

And on top of that.. its probably even better for the crows if he spends another year being developed by the Tigers and not the dheads currently developing/coaching our players.. win/win!..

... but in all seriousness.. how does he break into this tigers team without a few injuries to those in front of him?.. How far off is Jack from retiring?..
No one will get him in the PSD. Bigfooty fans of all clubs often make this threat in hope, barely ever eventuates for players of value. A trade would be made this year or next if he decides to leave, his value could either go up or down depending on 2021.

The guy will get games and is next in line, its just Lynch, Riewoldt, Chol, Soldo and Nankervis have all been healthy enough and in enough form to keep him out. He's one injury or preseason away from being straight into the side, and then the onus is on him to hold his spot. He just hasn't got that break yet to come into the side as someone like a Noah Balta did and took his chance, now he's no chance of being dropped.

I'd love to see him end up the Swans next season, but I can't see Richmond trading him in 2019 for a few reasons.

There doesn't seem to be any desire on his part to actually leave
He's contracted for another year
Richmond don't seem all that inclined to lose him

All 3 of those things means he's going nowhere.

He knew when he was drafted to the Tigers that he would be on a slow burn development wise, but in the mean time he'd be part of a team that would compete for premierships and learning under guys like Reiwoldt and Nank. Considering Nank and Jack are looking close to the end at Richmond all he needs to do is be patient.

If by the end of 2021 every one Nank, Chol, Soldo, Lynch, and Reiwoldt are committed to playing on for 2022, then maybe CCJ looks somewhere else to get a gig and maybe Richmond decide to cash in on him, his value will be a bit lower than what they drafted him at but it won't be a 4th round pick low. Height will always get clubs attention, there's no need to rush a move from a player perspective or a club perspective.

I guarantee you he would offer Crows more than Steven has given to the Cats this season and is younger
Graham is the player that will lead and help create culture at a club.

Not every player needs to be a champion

What has Steven at Geelong got to do with it?

Well, he sure isn't quick.

His best football is excellent.

But his day to day is mediocre.

Good leader though. Just a foot soldier as a player.

If Crows want good culture and a leader at the club he has plenty to offer aside from being a player.

The team is already full of slow vanilla inside midfielders. He would languish in the reserves. He is the exact opposite of what they need right now

What has Steven at Geelong got to do with it?

The team is already full of slow vanilla inside midfielders. He would languish in the reserves. He is the exact opposite of what they need right now
As a comparison to the player your team went after . Thought you wouldnt struggle with that comment maybe i will simplify it better next time for you
My Bad

Was SA junior captain, and does all the hard/physical things.

Not a star by any means, but definitely the sort of guy you want to help build a winning culture.

The person is probably worth more than the player in this case (if that makes sense) and Richmond has been very reasonable about trades involving fringe players seeking opportunity elsewhere over the past few years.

A lot will come down to if/how far list sizes are reduced though.

As for CCJ (this thread's topic), he could be some very nice steak knives.

Is contracted until end of next year and you'd think that would be his last. Although if we managed to win a 3rd premiership this year I wouldn't be surprised if he said that's enough. A media career awaits when he's done.

CCJ is Injured and if he wasnt he would certainly have gotten games this year and is developing beautifully
#20 in the 2017 draft 202cm 102kgs with 3 years development in him

Seen him play a ffew games at VFL last year against quality ruckman and done extremely well as well as going foward and playing the position like a true foward.

Personally i would not trade him and he is/will be our best Ruckman in 18 months time

Who is contracted and who isn't? If CCJ is , why would you trade him...what makes you do the deal?

Who is contracted and who isn't? If CCJ is , why would you trade him...what makes you do the deal?
South Australian lad at an interstate club stuck getting few opportunities behind a plethora of champion footballers..

could be looking at the Crows thinking... if I go home and play for them i’ll definately get more opportunities.

So, if you’re Richmond and he asks for a trade this year, you probably say “yeah, weve got some fairly good stocks of CCJ’s type at present, might as well let him go this year whilst he’s contracted and get more for him than we might if he still wants out next year when he’ll be uncontracted”...

its the same thinking as it is behind clubs and players that are going to have/be Free Agents at the of the next year looking at possibly trading them a year earlier in the hope another club takes the bait and they end up coughing up more for the player than the player would get their current club for FA compo..

South Australian lad at an interstate club stuck getting few opportunities behind a plethora of champion footballers..

could be looking at the Crows thinking... if I go home and play for them i’ll definately get more opportunities.

So, if you’re Richmond and he asks for a trade this year, you probably say “yeah, weve got some fairly good stocks of CCJ’s type at present, might as well let him go this year whilst he’s contracted and get more for him than we might if he still wants out next year when he’ll be uncontracted”...

its the same thinking as it is behind clubs and players that are going to have/be Free Agents at the of the next year looking at possibly trading them a year earlier in the hope another club takes the bait and they end up coughing up more for the player than the player would get their current club for FA compo..

R1?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back