Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

That you Kane? Why would Tex retire with the year he's having?
Because they are already heavily managing his calf. Once that starts going in guys in their fourth decade it's bringing down the ceiling of athletic capability.

I expect him to be on one year contracts for the rest of his career.

I directly suggesting that Taylor Walker will be ending his career very soon and replacing him with Callum Coleman-Jones will give you two big, capable young forwards for the next decade.
If he was having a year like the last couple then maybe. He'll be offered 1 more year unless his legs fall off in the meantime.

I dont even think clubs would know his value after last week.

Prior to that game, he was all potential and killing the VFL. Post that game he is a gun forward who can ruck, but its one AFL game.

I imagine there is plenty of interest but if goes missing for the next month, half the suitors will drop off and his value will go down fast.

If he performs well though, first rounders will have to be on the table and we just have to hope whoever he chooses has an early one :)

I dont even think clubs would know his value after last week.

Prior to that game, he was all potential and killing the VFL. Post that game he is a gun forward who can ruck, but its one AFL game.

I imagine there is plenty of interest but if goes missing for the next month, half the suitors will drop off and his value will go down fast.

If he performs well though, first rounders will have to be on the table and we just have to hope whoever he chooses has an early one :)
If they've got an early first round pick, they've also got an early pick in the PSD. ;)

You'd only go down that route if the other club was asking too much.

Agree but its so rare and we just dont see that these days. Not to mention, the Tigers are very good to deal with in recent years.

No doubt more clubs interested is good for CCJ and if he continues to play well Tigers would have a better negotiation position. So, what pick would you expect if he decides to leave? He would be probably a great fit for Suns complementing King and helping out Witts. Hopefully Ellis and Markov do their job. Suns still have a priority pick #19 but it will most probably be taken away by AFL. I also expect Brodie and Fiorini to be available.
Pick 19 would probably work.
If we turn that and another one of our first rounders into Cerra that would be a decent outcome.

Although preference would be to keep CCJ and use our two existing first rounder on Cerra. But I’m not sure that scenario will play out.

My expectations are probably unrealistic and would depend on the club we are dealing with i suppose as well as how he goes the rest of the year
But pick #19 for a player with Cj's ability and potential looks a little short but these things can be worked around with later pick swaps

#19 + swap of 2nds either this years or 2022 but ideal preference would be swap of 1st rounders with the later of our 2 1st rounders and use that pick for Cerra is he is actually on our radar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s our problem, we don’t have any real trade currency.
Late 2nd round pick.

You have 2022 1st rounder and you will go into deficit with that due to the Daicos bid most likely top #3
Solution for both your problems Richmond can solve that

Richmond out: Coleman-Jones , 2021 2nd rounder , 2021 3rd rounder
Collingwood out: 2022 1st rounder

You have 2022 1st rounder and you will go into deficit with that due to the Daicos bid most likely top #3
Solution for both your problems Richmond can solve that

Richmond out: Coleman-Jones , 2021 2nd rounder , 2021 3rd rounder
Collingwood out: 2022 1st rounder
Yeah that would work, but we need 1st round picks in a reset.

Last edited:
Give me a spell, please. Aaron Noughton would be worth a 1st rounder not CCJ.
OK i'll give you a spell

You club has Zero picks this year , They dont have a 2nd or even a 3rd round pick as its going to get eaten up by the Daicos bid
Your club is also going to have their 1st rounder dropped back because they will not have the points to match Daicos
Your club also has an academy kid (Dib) which needs points to select also

Very good chance the 2022 1st rounder will drift out to pick 10-12 , Now add in the 2nd & 3rd rounder that Richmond give up for this year and go work out the value.

And its Aaron Naughton

OK i'll give you a spell

You club has Zero picks this year , They dont have a 2nd or even a 3rd round pick as its going to get eaten up by the Daicos bid
Your club is also going to have their 1st rounder dropped back because they will not have the points to match Daicos
Your club also has an academy kid (Dib) which needs points to select also

Very good chance the 2022 1st rounder will drift out to pick 10-12 , Now add in the 2nd & 3rd rounder that Richmond give up for this year and go work out the value.

And its Aaron Naughton
See my edit above, I misread your post.

If pies even had a kitchen sink , they should be throwing it at this kid. Have him grow with the youth we have bought in

If pies even had a kitchen sink , they should be throwing it at this kid. Have him grow with the youth we have bought in

The Doggie's have a mortgage on your kitchen sink due to the treloar trade

Only way Pies can get Cj is to trade their 1st rounder for 2022 with a pick coming back this year to cover the deficit of points for the daicos bid.

The Doggie's have a mortgage on your kitchen sink due to the treloar trade

Only way Pies can get Cj is to trade their 1st rounder for 2022 with a pick coming back this year to cover the deficit of points for the daicos bid.

Yeah im so dirty on the clubs admin side. Theyve stifled us for seasons. Cant even go to the draft so to speak

Pies were a key forward away from a flag.

You can see why they offered tom lynch so much money.
With what has come out about their cap problems you have to ask , Where the hell were they going to find the cap space for the $1.2 mil they offered him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back