Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

Personally i would rather hold onto Coleman Jones than have a pick #15-#25

Drafted with pick #20 in a strong draft and 4 years development into him as a Foward/Ruck and now looking like he is a quality AFL player in a position for Richmond we have a desperate need with Jack 15 months away from retirement and no other true backup and this guy is now ready to go.

Which player can we draft with a pick in that range that could do more straight away. 1 of Chol or CJ will leave just hope its not CJ

Personally i would rather hold onto Coleman Jones than have a pick #15-#25

Drafted with pick #20 in a strong draft and 4 years development into him as a Foward/Ruck and now looking like he is a quality AFL player in a position for Richmond we have a desperate need with Jack 15 months away from retirement and no other true backup and this guy is now ready to go.

Which player can we draft with a pick in that range that could do more straight away. 1 of Chol or CJ will leave just hope its not CJ
Might not have to lose Choi, how long has Nankervios for left?

I generally have NFI about these things but is there any trade scenario that sees Cerra and CCJ change hands amicably?

we are hoping cerra signs with dockers and we keep ccj
I hope that too
But if Cerra wants out the only thing I want coming back is a decent young forward whether by trade or picks .
I think CCJ would be a good replacement for Riewoldt and should stay unless big offers are being thrown at him

Hasn't done enough yet to warrant that type of currency. Richmond very rarely lose players they want to keep though, so I think he stays, provided they guarnatee more games in the seniors next season and beyond.

So was pick 20 in a strong draft which these days is a first rounder. Four years in he has developed well for a 200cm player in the VFL where he has been quite dominant. Then comes into AFL and kicks 4 and 2 while taking good contested grabs and showing to be a talent, but not worth a first round.

What do people actually expect of draft picks? It’s like first rounders are used cars and as soon as they’re drafted they’re no longer worth the pick they were taken at. Same thing being posted about Cerra not being worth a top 10 when all he has done is shown to be quality.

Make it 6 months then. I doubt there is anything since we traded for Preuss and Hogan.

Well we all know how thats all going , 2 perennially injured players that are injured again
both Preuss & Hogan are long long shots to make it for a variety of reasons and its well documented your club was money in hand trying to get CJ and highly doubt much would have changed except . Richmond want to keep him

Now we all know the only trade info you will get is through the media and no matter which jurno writes it Barret , Twomey , Browne anybody the stock standard response from you here is ............... jurno just makes things up etc etc etc as is always the case with every article

Fact of the matter is we have a 21 year old 200cm 102kgs FWD/RUCK that we have been developing for 4 years that we want to keep and the only way he leaves is if a club has been sniffing his butt for a couple of years. You sound like you dont want him but trust me we rather keep him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if he's in the top 10 after 10 games that's a great start to his career.
Totally agree, just gotta be careful looking at averages off a very small sample size.

He has HD avery good start to his career though.

Make it 6 months then. I doubt there is anything since we traded for Preuss and Hogan.

They just want it to be GWS as they prefer to get Tom Green. ;)

With Mummy holding back Flynn and Briggs, Preuss on sidelines and Hogan traded in, I doubt it too.

The only way this makes sense is if its a Riccardi and CJ swap with picks thrown in to balance the trade. Riccardi could be a long term option to replace Riewoldt, has kicked 4 and 2 like CJ last year and is even playing CHB in 2s this year (40 disposals). Lot more versatile.

Well we all know how thats all going , 2 perennially injured players that are injured again
both Preuss & Hogan are long long shots to make it for a variety of reasons and its well documented your club was money in hand trying to get CJ and highly doubt much would have changed except . Richmond want to keep him

Now we all know the only trade info you will get is through the media and no matter which jurno writes it Barret , Twomey , Browne anybody the stock standard response from you here is ............... jurno just makes things up etc etc etc as is always the case with every article

Fact of the matter is we have a 21 year old 200cm 102kgs FWD/RUCK that we have been developing for 4 years that we want to keep and the only way he leaves is if a club has been sniffing his butt for a couple of years. You sound like you dont want him but trust me we rather keep him

Cool story. So there's been nothing but made up BF rumours. Got it.

Cool story. So there's been nothing but made up BF rumours. Got it.
You can call it made up Bigfooty rumours. I'd call it solid mail from a guy who doesn't make s**t up.

Why do you think Richmond fans were so confident we were getting Lynch?

You may not like it, but your club has interest in CJ and ours has interest in Tom Green. That doesn't mean one or both of those players will move, but the interest is there. It's a fact.

Can't really understand why but apparently our interest is very real so I've been watching him pretty closely. Has strong hands and is a big boy so basically has a job for life.

Plenty to play out and if he rips the arse out of the back end of the year this can certainly change but surely getting back the initial draft outlay off the back of a handful of promising moments is pretty wishful thinking. Would be right at the absolute very tip, top pointy end of the range of what feels like fair value.

Can't really understand why but apparently our interest is very real so I've been watching him pretty closely. Has strong hands and is a big boy so basically has a job for life.

Plenty to play out and if he rips the arse out of the back end of the year this can certainly change but surely getting back the initial draft outlay off the back of a handful of promising moments is pretty wishful thinking. Would be right at the absolute very tip, top pointy end of the range of what feels like fair value.
Whilst i dont doubt your info and the bombers link has been around it does raise questions
Wright being traded in and that tall kid looking good is that a need ?

Will be fun watching DoDoRo

Whilst i dont doubt your info and the bombers link has been around it does raise questions
Wright being traded in and that tall kid looking good is that a need ?

Will be fun watching DoDoRo

Wright's going ok enough for me to consider it a low priority and I would hope Dodoro is the same and he's just doing due diligence. I also like Bryan for a similar role but he's a little bit more of an immature body so probably a year away from being genuinely impactful.

We also don't have any picks between about 10 and 45, given it's likely to involve something in that range I can't see any path to a deal taking place to get him here.

Wright's going ok enough for me to consider it a low priority and I would hope Dodoro is the same and he's just doing due diligence. I also like Bryan for a similar role but he's a little bit more of an immature body so probably a year away from being genuinely impactful.

We also don't have any picks between about 10 and 45, given it's likely to involve something in that range I can't see any path to a deal taking place to get him here.
We will be happy with pick #10 ;)

We will be happy with pick #10 ;)

Of course you would, you'd do backflips if you got anything with a 1 in front of it, wouldn't you? I'd probably be pretty satisfied if it had a 2 in front of it given precedent of other deals around the traps.

Of course you would, you'd do backflips if you got anything with a 1 in front of it, wouldn't you? I'd probably be pretty satisfied if it had a 2 in front of it given precedent of other deals around the traps.
I would actually rather keep CJ than trade him for a pick after 10

Whilst people focus on the number of the pick i am looking t what we would draft with that pick and the quality of the player
CJ was a pick #20 and SA captain thats 200cm and 102kigs and 4 years development and in his 4 games looking extremely promising and at the level.
he is just 21 years old and a new draftee adds nothing more than CJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back