Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

LMFAO no, despite Richmond being a very good team they do not have great ruck stocks. Him not getting a game at this stage shows where he is at.
Hes a forward who can ruck.

We have a couple of guys called lynch and riewoldt in the side ahead of him. That's the only reason hes not getting more games.

The one game he did play and played quite well for a child was because nank was injured, Soldo was suspended and chol was a late out injured too.

I have high hopes for this kid, hope he stays.

Hes a forward who can ruck.

We have a couple of guys called lynch and riewoldt in the side ahead of him. That's the only reason hes not getting more games.

The one game he did play and played quite well for a child was because nank was injured, Soldo was suspended and chol was a late out injured too.

I have high hopes for this kid, hope he stays.
In which case he is still averaging under a goal a game at VFL level in a good VFL team, he is a long term prospect i get it.

This still doesn't change the fact that playing okay footy at VFL level is not going to change his value on the trade table.

In which case he is still averaging under a goal a game at VFL level in a good VFL team, he is a long term prospect i get it.

This still doesn't change the fact that playing okay footy at VFL level is not going to change his value on the trade table.

Yeah, he's probably worth more to Richmond than other clubs given what they outlayed at the draft.

Fact of the matter is, better young ruckman have moved for less recently.

Yeah he does ruck at vfl level quite a bit. Especially when Soldo and nank were both playing together in the seniors last year. Seems like hes been earmarked as a forward/ruck in the seniors though. We're crying out for a decent 2nd ruck that can actually impact forward. Chol has bee better but patchy and I can't see him ever being much more than a tease.

Id rather trade chol or soldo before CCJ. Being contracted is a good thing for us.

Probably similar to Preuss' value a few years ago and Preuss was behind Goldstein not Nankervis/Saldo.

We traded him for Tyson, who in reality was worth a 3rd rounder.

The best ruckman in the draft has often been picked closer to 20 than the top 10 (Luke Jackson the exception).

No way can he be worth anything more than around pick 30-40. You can get the best 1 or 2 18 year old ruckman in the draft for a top 30 pick these days.
Yeah on current ruck trade form a pick in the 50's+ sounds about right for ccj if not playing any game's unfortunately.

Last edited:
LMFAO no, despite Richmond being a very good team they do not have great ruck stocks. Him not getting a game at this stage shows where he is at.
I hope all the other clubs think exactly as you do , We dont want to lose him and happy that he stays
End thread then

* By the way what does BJK stand for ?

If a club doesn't offer us fair value for him, we won't trade him. It's that simple. The kid is contracted, and has three different clubs interested in him.

We're not letting him go for chips.
I honestly dont think the club would trade him for the same as what we paid , Everything i have heard from the coaches is they are extremely excited by CCJ and Leppa even said this kid is going to be a beast at the top level in his interview's on the RFC website last year.

Thanks but no thanks not not for sale

I honestly dont think the club would trade him for the same as what we paid , Everything i have heard from the coaches is they are extremely excited by CCJ and Leppa even said this kid is going to be a beast at the top level in his interview's on the RFC website last year.

Thanks but no thanks not not for sale
Fair enough. No one is offering a pick earlier than 35 to 40. If he's happy to stay, you might as well keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CCJ was a 2nd round pick in 2018, who has played a grand total of 1 AFL game over 3 years. How the hell do you think he has gone up in value?
Well that’s why it makes no sense for a a trade. For any ruckman entering, this is their lowest value. Silly to trade now.

Everyone knows ruckman take longer compared to any other position.

So Adelaide would not trade 31 year old Sloane?
Ccj. Graham. 1st or future first maybe.

Win win
oh, you meant sloane..I doubt he would now move as he is on big coin and has 3 more years to go after this year..it would have to be some deal for him to have his head turned based on the package he has with the Crows. I think that ship has sailed and he will be at the club whether the club now wanted it or not until he retires

But as for your hypothetical..I'd certainly consider it for CCJ and your future first

oh, you meant sloane..I doubt he would now move as he is on big coin and has 3 more years to go after this year..it would have to be some deal for him to have his head turned based on the package he has with the Crows. I think that ship has sailed and he will be at the club whether the club now wanted it or not until he retires

But as for your hypothetical..I'd certainly consider it for CCJ and your future first

You think he'd rather play crows over tigers?

In theory Richmond would pay him large coin also.

I would jump at ccj and future first / Sloane. Let's email some clubs.

Fwiw I think ccj I a gun and would be an excellent player for10-15 years potentially for Adelaide.

Happy to keep him

You think he'd rather play crows over tigers?

In theory Richmond would pay him large coin also.

I would jump at ccj and future first / Sloane. Let's email some clubs.

Fwiw I think ccj I a gun and would be an excellent player for10-15 years potentially for Adelaide.

Happy to keep him
He might very well want to play for Richmond to have a crack at a flag, but would Richmond be prepared to offer up the sort of money he would want to go I would think not - considering if he wanted out of the crows he might be taking a massive pay drop to do so and it would be a money call on his part. If the money was close enough then it probably works

He might very well want to play for Richmond to have a crack at a flag, but would Richmond be prepared to offer up the sort of money he would want to go I would think not - considering if he wanted out of the crows he might be taking a massive pay drop to do so and it would be a money call on his part. If the money was close enough then it probably works

Richmonds best players took pay cut. (outside of dusty, north excluded). So maybe Sloane would. (?)

Either way. I think the tigers would find room forna player of that class. You can go over for a couple seasons too.

I'd Graham. And or cCJ go that opens some space. The rance salary cap is also interesting

Richmonds best players took pay cut. (outside of dusty, north excluded). So maybe Sloane would. (?)

Either way. I think the tigers would find room forna player of that class. You can go over for a couple seasons too.

I'd Graham. And or cCJ go that opens some space. The rance salary cap is also interesting
maybe so..but FWIW, i'd pass on Graham as he lacks pace and has bad injury history and the crows have enough slower mids - we need fast ones. Just CCJ and the Richmond 2021 1st personally I'd consider it but I might be an outlier if you asked that on our boards?

Well that’s why it makes no sense for a a trade. For any ruckman entering, this is their lowest value. Silly to trade now.

Everyone knows ruckman take longer compared to any other position.
I don't think Richmond should trade him. He's a developing player, I agree it doesn't make sense and they would surely want to keep him around.

However my point is purely around his hypothetical trade value at this time. I.e. CCJ walks into the front office at Richmond and says "I want a trade", what would you get for him right now? After 3 years and 1 afl game, his value hasn't increased from his original draft pick, on the back of just vfl performances.

You sure we don't need to throw in a 3rd rounder to sweeten that deal?
I see the lols at that but Graham will end up being a delisted free agent most likely as he is ooc from memory?- so it is a mid 2nd for a guy that has played 1 game in 3 years and has had 2 rookie listed guys go past him and an end of 4th round back. Put that deal up on the other boards and see what the reaction would be

I'd love to see him end up the Swans next season, but I can't see Richmond trading him in 2019 for a few reasons.

There doesn't seem to be any desire on his part to actually leave
He's contracted for another year
Richmond don't seem all that inclined to lose him

All 3 of those things means he's going nowhere.

He knew when he was drafted to the Tigers that he would be on a slow burn development wise, but in the mean time he'd be part of a team that would compete for premierships and learning under guys like Reiwoldt and Nank. Considering Nank and Jack are looking close to the end at Richmond all he needs to do is be patient.

If by the end of 2021 every one Nank, Chol, Soldo, Lynch, and Reiwoldt are committed to playing on for 2022
, then maybe CCJ looks somewhere else to get a gig and maybe Richmond decide to cash in on him, his value will be a bit lower than what they drafted him at but it won't be a 4th round pick low. Height will always get clubs attention, there's no need to rush a move from a player perspective or a club perspective.
There seems to be this idea that Nank is somehow on the outer. He just turned 26, he is about to come into his prime years as a ruckman. The only thing keeping him out of the side is and has been injury, that's it. When fit he is easily our best in the position. Not so much in the hitouts, but around the stoppages and around the ground his influence is huge for us. If he's fit, I'm playing him every game as the number 1 ruck, with someone like Chol/CCJ as the 2nd ruck/KPF. Soldo is then the one that plays reserves until injury strikes.

CCJ is competing with the KPF, number 1 rucks, and the 2nd ruck/KPF position. He's just been one injury away from opportunity given his age, but in 2021 he could absolutely break in either as overtaking those guys or as inevitably an opportunity arises.

Richmond don't want to lose him, the only question is whether CCJ is happy to wait until 2021/2022 for that opportunity, and take the battle on his hands to get a spot, or if he is desperate to start establishing himself and desperately wants guaranteed gametime next year. I'm not sure where his mind is that there.

I see the lols at that but Graham will end up being a delisted free agent most likely as he is ooc from memory?- so it is a mid 2nd for a guy that has played 1 game in 3 years and has had 2 rookie listed guys go past him and an end of 4th round back. Put that deal up on the other boards and see what the reaction would be
If the Crows got CCJ, Graham + our 4th and all we got is a second rounder (pick in the late 30s/early 40s) coming back we would have been absolutely reamed. There is no chance Richmond make that trade, which is all that matters, not what other posters think.

There seems to be this idea that Nank is somehow on the outer. He just turned 26, he is about to come into his prime years as a ruckman. The only thing keeping him out of the side is and has been injury, that's it. When fit he is easily our best in the position. Not so much in the hitouts, but around the stoppages and around the ground his influence is huge for us. If he's fit, I'm playing him every game as the number 1 ruck, with someone like Chol/CCJ as the 2nd ruck/KPF. Soldo is then the one that plays reserves until injury strikes.

CCJ is competing with the KPF, number 1 rucks, and the 2nd ruck/KPF position. He's just been one injury away from opportunity given his age, but in 2021 he could absolutely break in either as overtaking those guys or as inevitably an opportunity arises.

Richmond don't want to lose him, the only question is whether CCJ is happy to wait until 2021/2022 for that opportunity, and take the battle on his hands to get a spot, or if he is desperate to start establishing himself and desperately wants guaranteed gametime next year. I'm not sure where his mind is that there.

Jack Riewoldt is definitely near the end of his career. If he doesn't retire at the end of this season, it's very likely he retires at the end of 2021.

I think that will be a major factor that will encourage Richmond to keep CCJ, playing Lynch/CCJ/Chol as key forwards in the same forward line. Richmond may've played 'small footy' in 2017, but by the way we have drafted since & have been playing more regularly Richmond is clearly wanting a taller side, particularly in the forward line.

I'm happy to say now that CCJ would play 15+ games at the Richmond FC in 2022 (provided he's prepared to wait).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back