Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

living_in_syd

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
I can't imagine it will go down well with the administrative staff seeing Stack or CCJ still at the club in any form next year. $100k from the soft cap means 1-2 jobs are gone (although $25k of that is Brooke Cotchin's fault). Seems it would be best for Richmond to move them on if possible

lol its a soft cap not a hard cap. No staff will be lost. It will mean we will pay a tax now.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So stupid to do what the lads did but come on this lad is 20 and wanted a lappy?

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Just seen that the players will be paying the $75k, which definitely changes my opinion on this

Who cares if they are paying for it, or Richmond?

The killer is, regardless of who pays for it, it goes into the soft cap payments for next year.

These kids have absolutely cost a coach or medico their job next year.

Imagine having that conversation when you are Brendan Gale.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I can't imagine it will go down well with the administrative staff seeing Stack or CCJ still at the club in any form next year. $100k from the soft cap means 1-2 jobs are gone (although $25k of that is Brooke Cotchin's fault). Seems it would be best for Richmond to move them on if possible
Will the Doggies move on Hunter ? Think that was alot worse and considering these are 20 year old kids that are contracted i think the club will stick by them and support them (hope they do)

$100k off the soft cap doesnt mean we have less to spend just means we will pay tax on the over. Tigers have enough cash to do this so wont effect anybodys job as thats just dramatic media crap

Basically means spend the same and pay the extra tax

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Will the Doggies move on Hunter ? Think that was alot worse and considering these are 20 year old kids that are contracted i think the club will stick by them and support them (hope they do)

$100k off the soft cap doesnt mean we have less to spend just means we will pay tax on the over. Tigers have enough cash to do this so wont effect anybodys job as thats just dramatic media crap

The tax is $1 for $1.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I didn't realise Hunter resulted in a $100k fine for the club? Must be totally the same

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Who cares if they are paying for it, or Richmond?

The killer is, regardless of who pays for it, it goes into the soft cap payments for next year.

These kids have absolutely cost a coach or medico their job next year.

Imagine having that conversation when you are Brendan Gale.
While I share your anger, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the fines the clubs have to pay this year not come out of next years soft cap. Purely for the reason you state- it’s costing a person their job. Think the clubs will still need to pay the fines which they should.

On CCJ, I hope this is the kick up the bum that he needs to have a career as an AFL footballer. I thought he may be traded at his request at seasons end, but I think he will hang around for at least one more, and we may see what he can do at senior level if he’s good enough.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Both were average decisions by the players. One was drink driving and left the scene of an accident. The other broke hub protocols by going to the strippers and getting involved in a scuffle in the Gold Coast.

We all have opinions on which is worse.
From a legal perspective, clearly Hunter. From the footy clubs perspective, clearly CCJ/Stack

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
While I share your anger, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the fines the clubs have to pay this year not come out of next years soft cap. Purely for the reason you state- it’s costing a person their job. Think the clubs will still need to pay the fines which they should.

On CCJ, I hope this is the kick up the bum that he needs to have a career as an AFL footballer. I thought he may be traded at his request at seasons end, but I think he will hang around for at least one more, and we may see what he can do at senior level if he’s good enough.

It’s already been announced it’s out of the soft cap.

I also imagine it was explained pretty clearly to players that this would be a consequence.

The soft cap penalties were included to be a major deterrent to stop these situations, as harsh as the reality is of it, I can’t see the AFL changing it because a club has broken the rules 3 times.

Hamsatma

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
They've screwed over the club and themselves obviously, but the solution to that is not to short change the club further by moving on two talented youngsters for nothing. It's hard to say how much relationships within the club have been hurt but it's clearly not in our interest to get rid of them for peanuts when they're both contracted for next year

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
From a legal perspective, clearly Hunter. From the footy clubs perspective, clearly CCJ/Stack
From a moral perspective I’d say Hunter.
It’s already been announced it’s out of the soft cap.
Yes I understand this.

But I also believe the AFL may change their position in coming months when the reality of the soft cap on clubs hits home.

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
From a moral perspective I’d say Hunter.

Yes I understand this.

But I also believe the AFL may change their position in coming months when the reality of the soft cap on clubs hits home.

The reality? Lol, they knew how harsh the consequences were when they set the rules.

The whole point of it was as a deterrent. Hasn’t stopped

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I didn't realise Hunter resulted in a $100k fine for the club? Must be totally the same

Nothing to do with the fine but more to do with actions

The fine im not really worried about and the club can afford it and is nothing when you consider what these players get paid and the budgets of the clubs , Also coming off the soft cap is also minute when you look at it in detail. Basically means the club has to pay the Tax if they still decide to pay the extra 100k

But getting back to comparison of the incidents in isolation a young kid getting into a fight which was instigated by some one els compared to what Hunter did

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
The tax is $1 for $1.
It is what it is , The Tigers have won the flag 2 out of 3 years and sponsorship / membership / profits are higher than ever been

when you look at a club like Richmond with a budget of over $80,000,000 I dont think $100k-$200k-$500k will make us have less staff than we need
Eagles were happy to pay $800k just to move the North game to WA

If Stack & CCJ do remain at the club and become good players this will mean nothing in 2-3-4 years time
Just Media making most out of "costing some one their job' hype

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
After last weekend his value to oppos went down alot. After last night his value to us went up alot.

Hopefully it's not too late to keep him. His contract works in our favour, but we don't normally stop guys from leaving if they think they'd be better off somewhere else.
With CJ being Contracted for 2021 Richmond will not be letting him go specially with Soldo out for probably a year
He will just have to earn respect back and take his opportunity now.

He is a top end talent and we as Richmond supporters have seen it at VFL level and this could be what makes him

Gold Rocks

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
After the Soldo and Lynch injuries I bet they would have really liked to have had him available this season and for the start of next. I'd imagine right now they're even more pissed off with CCJ than they were a week ago.
You guy's need ruck depth so what's a fair trade if you wanted him?

Back