Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
His value to the Tigers has just gone up significantly for 2021. Given he's contracted that means anyone else would have to pay more. Given Soldo's injury though, perhaps seeing some opportunity and wanting to pay the club back might see him want to stay and earn back respect.

dazedjosh

Cancelled
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
You guy's need ruck depth so what's a fair trade if you wanted him?

At this point, I don't know, we need points to avoid a deficit for any bids, so I think that will be our first priority. You'll say he's contracted and required, we'll say he's let you down and has only played 1 senior game. You've also still got Chol and Nank, and have just signed that 213cm kid so maybe you decide he's worth moving on. We both know how the back and forth will go. If he doesn't ask for a trade then I don't think he'll go anywhere, but the Cats, Swans, and Hawks all saw it over the last decade, young depth guys start to leave dominant teams when they're not getting games. That's pretty much exactly how you got Nank, at almost the same age.

EDIT - Nank was 22, with 12 games to his name and strong NEAFL form, but he was behind Tippett, Naismith, and Sinclair. We offered him a new contract but he told us he wanted to leave and we traded him to you guys for #46

If we trade back from our current #4 pick, then it might be that we'll look to cover a bid for Campbell, then target a ruck with a late 1st/early 2nd depending on where that bid comes in.

I'd imagine we'd offer 23 for him so long as we got a pick back, but I don't think we'd accept 53 back and I don't think you guys would give 32 back. A future 3rd or a 2020 pick in the low 40's might be workable, and your pick 32 will probably end up in the 40's but as you don't have a pick in that range at the moment, it might be a trade that gets done at towards the end of the trade period once a few other pieces have been moved around and both teams have a clearer idea of their lists.

Personally I suspect if he does move then Adelaide might be the ones that go after him, we need a ruck, but Adelaide need just about everything and have more picks that would probably make the Tigers happy. He won't be a major player in trade week, but if the Tigers say he's available, he'll be an interesting trade. They might throw 29 at you and ask for CCJ and 53 or a future 3rd back, which would probably get it done.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
He won't be a major player in trade week, but if the Tigers say he's available, he'll be an interesting trade. They might throw 29 at you and ask for CCJ and 53 or a future 3rd back, which would probably get it done.
With Soldo out, Nank and CCJ are the only genuine ruckmen we have available for 2021. Chol is more your utility/pinch hitter. Given that, the proposed deal wouldnt be enough. If he wants out now, the Tigers will play hardball, he can't really go anywhere.

Gold Rocks

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
At this point, I don't know, we need points to avoid a deficit for any bids, so I think that will be our first priority. You'll say he's contracted and required, we'll say he's let you down and has only played 1 senior game. You've also still got Chol and Nank, and have just signed that 213cm kid so maybe you decide he's worth moving on. We both know how the back and forth will go. If he doesn't ask for a trade then I don't think he'll go anywhere, but the Cats, Swans, and Hawks all saw it over the last decade, young depth guys start to leave dominant teams when they're not getting games. That's pretty much exactly how you got Nank, at almost the same age.

EDIT - Nank was 22, with 12 games to his name and strong NEAFL form, but he was behind Tippett, Naismith, and Sinclair. We offered him a new contract but he told us he wanted to leave and we traded him to you guys for #46

If we trade back from our current #4 pick, then it might be that we'll look to cover a bid for Campbell, then target a ruck with a late 1st/early 2nd depending on where that bid comes in.

I'd imagine we'd offer 23 for him so long as we got a pick back, but I don't think we'd accept 53 back and I don't think you guys would give 32 back. A future 3rd or a 2020 pick in the low 40's might be workable, and your pick 32 will probably end up in the 40's but as you don't have a pick in that range at the moment, it might be a trade that gets done at towards the end of the trade period once a few other pieces have been moved around and both teams have a clearer idea of their lists.

Personally I suspect if he does move then Adelaide might be the ones that go after him, we need a ruck, but Adelaide need just about everything and have more picks that would probably make the Tigers happy. He won't be a major player in trade week, but if the Tigers say he's available, he'll be an interesting trade. They might throw 29 at you and ask for CCJ and 53 or a future 3rd back, which would probably get it done.
That sounds pretty reasonable as you traded Cameron for a late pick yeah? Crazy time of year where you get biased try hard people spruiking rubbish saying his worth a first rounder, don't be surprised if we get a first, we could get a first rounder for him when he hasn't played any footy which is delusional lies that fools believe but it happens every year about players from different clubs. If we don't get a first rounder for ccj those same people will just use the covid19 stripper incident as an excuse why we didn't get a first rounder or the club didn't rate him anyway or something else. I like having ccj on our list for upside quality but if a good offer comes his way then who really knows what he will do so hopefully he stays repaying us for drafting him.

Last edited:

dazedjosh

Cancelled
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
That sounds pretty reasonable as you traded Cameron for a late pick yeah? Crazy time of year where you get biased try hard people spruiking rubbish saying his worth a first rounder, don't be surprised if we get a first, we could get a first rounder for him etc etc which is delusional lies that fools believe but it happens every year about players from different clubs. If we don't get a first rounder for ccj those same people will just use the covid19 stripper incident as an excuse why we didn't get a first rounder so you cant win. I like having ccj on our list for upside quality as i think he will stay but if a good offer comes he's way then who really knows what he will do so hopefully he stays repaying us for drafting him.

Haha mate it's the internet, there are always people who make those claims, I'm used to it. I'm sure I've overvalued Swans players in the past and will do so in the future.

Yeah Darcy Cameron went pretty cheaply as well, pick 56, compared to Nank's 46. Both went looking for game time, and so far both have found it, though Nank has obviously been more successful. We do have cap space and a list spot for a ruck, so we could definitely offer CCJ those things. Interestingly, we've just named Joel Amartey to debut in the ruck tomorrow against Brisbane, he's OOC this year so I'd imagine he's playing for his future. If he does well that might change our trade strategy slightly and we might try to pick up a project a little later in the draft rather than try to trade one as it seems like a KPP heavy draft.

The thing that might drive up CCJ's price is that he has a year left on his contract, both of those two were out of contract while CCJ still has a year to go.. Obviously it's all irrelevant if he says he's willing to stay and if the Tigers want to keep him, how the club deals with him after his indiscretion will be interesting but obviously nobody will see that. I do think signing Mate Colina a few days after he copped a ban was probably sending him a message to either pull his finger out or that he's on his way out, though I don't know which one it might be. But I think if he asks to go you'll probably be able to get the equivalent of a pick in the low 30's.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Soldo injured and out until 2022
Colina comes 2022
Chol not a Ruckman but more a relief Ruck

Nank & CJ are the only 2 ruckman for 2021 and CJ is contracted
maybe in 12 months we will trade 1 but dont think this year would be a good idea
No point overthink it , trade time not far away.

With Soldo out, Nank and CCJ are the only genuine ruckmen we have available for 2021. Chol is more your utility/pinch hitter. Given that, the proposed deal wouldnt be enough. If he wants out now, the Tigers will play hardball, he can't really go anywhere.

His value is at its lowest now. If you count all richmond games including finals, he still has to serve at least 5 games suspended early next year. No one will pay close to fair value in this scenario. If he wants out, Tigers are likely to cut him loose as it's less messy for them going forward.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
His value is at its lowest now. If you count all richmond games including finals, he still has to serve at least 5 games suspended early next year. No one will pay close to fair value in this scenario. If he wants out, Tigers are likely to cut him loose as it's less messy for them going forward.
His value to us is at it's highest though*, we need a ruckman so I couldn't see us letting him go unless the deal was favourable. It's very rare players get cut based on 1 mistake, he would have to be really desperate to get out and go home for us to not think we can turn him around and get something out of him as it's very likely with Soldo out, he could still have a good chunk of 15+ games in 2021 with us.

*Unless we somehow acquired another ready made ruckman in the off season.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
The chances of Richmond trading him as gone down with the injury to Soldo and is contracted so keeping him is priority after investing #20 and 3 years development into him.

Happy very happy to keep him

Gold Rocks

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Still under contract too, I doubt Richmond let CCJ go even if he wants to leave, unless a club is willing to pay overs.
You will get the club wanting him to stay and supporters saying soldos injury changes thing's when it doesn't at all. If ccj wants to be traded he will probably be tradeed as its his decision to do that and not the club or supporters hoping he stays.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
You will get the club wanting him to stay and supporters saying soldos injury changes thing's when it doesn't at all. If ccj wants to be traded he will probably be tradeed as its his decision to do that and not the club or supporters hoping he stays.
Has alot to do with it , He signed a new deal wanting to stay at the club and if he does want to leave (which we dont even know he does) It would have been because he didnt see a chance to play - Now He does and the club will reinforce to him that he is a required player thats contracted

Lets see if he did actually want to leave first as so far there has been nothing apart from rumours that GWS wanted him last year and Richmond wouldnt trade him.

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Apparently Hawthorn have tabled an offer to a ruck. There is some assumptions that it’s someone like Preuss but I really hope that it’s CCJ. Yes, the Tigers have a Soldo problem but Nak will get the nod there to start. Really wanted the Hawks to look at him in his draft year and think he would be a perfect fit for a rebuilding Hawthorn.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Apparently Hawthorn have tabled an offer to a ruck. There is some assumptions that it’s someone like Preuss but I really hope that it’s CCJ. Yes, the Tigers have a Soldo problem but Nak will get the nod there to start. Really wanted the Hawks to look at him in his draft year and think he would be a perfect fit for a rebuilding Hawthorn.
Any chance it's Mumford?

CrowBox89

Debutant
Aug 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Surely a ruck/forward is low on Port's list needs right now?
More likely the crows to be sniffing around, rowie was hinting at this a lot through last season. Soldo’s injury would have put an end to any discussions last year but really hoping the crows have a crack at him this year need another AFL level ruck, crows are really lacking depth in ruck stocks

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seems dumb they have lycett and ladhams

Would be a good get due to being cheap

For north we have Goldy whose probably in his second last year that will need replacing
He would come cheap. Dixon is getting older, CCJ can play that contested marking role. Then have Marshall at CHF, and then the more agile forwards in Rozee, Georgie, Fanta, Grey etc roam around.
He is also insurance in the ruck.

Back