Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
He would come cheap. Dixon is getting older, CCJ can play that contested marking role. Then have Marshall at CHF, and then the more agile forwards in Rozee, Georgie, Fanta, Grey etc roam around.
He is also insurance in the ruck.
I dont think he'd come that cheap. He's possibly the next KPF after Riewoldt or the next ruck after Nankervis or ideally the KPF/ruck Brad Ottens type role.

I dont think we'd want to lose him so unless he wants to go home, doesn't strike me as one we'd sell for peanuts like we have done in the past.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
I dont think he'd come that cheap. He's possibly the next KPF after Riewoldt or the next ruck after Nankervis or ideally the KPF/ruck Brad Ottens type role.

I dont think we'd want to lose him so unless he wants to go home, doesn't strike me as one we'd sell for peanuts like we have done in the past.
Normally when uncontracted players that can't get a game want to leave it's tough to drive a hard bargain.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I think he is available to play in round 5 but will need to get some VFL games into him first

Round 9/10 is about when i would expect to see him play seniors all things going well
He'd been playing VFL practice matches recently.

I think he'll be in the side sooner rather than later.

Dec 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arizona Cardinals
Seems random they’ve got Flynn and preuss

then up front there’s himmelberg Riccardi and finlayson

unless they think they will lose one of the above

The players you mention are all Bog average though. If GWS think CCJ is going to be better than 1 or 2 of them they will absolutely come for him. Their forward and ruck stocks are pretty bloody aweful. I’d love him or Hayes at the Dogs to provide some competition behind English. At best we get another part-time year out of Martin and then we are back to where we were last year. Either of them would be worth a late first early second to our club I would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Exactly the type I think we will be after at the end of year.

Behind a backlog of decent players, already a big body, top 20 draft pick and excellent at VFL level.

I imagine Adelaide and Port (possibly not so much given their tall stocks) will be sniffing around also.

It will be interesting to see where he's valued.

Higgins went for basically some pick upgrades and he'd played a lot more football.

I think Richmond would jump at anything within the top 35-40 if he wanted to leave.

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I think Richmond would jump at anything within the top 35-40 if he wanted to leave.
I don't. I think we'll do everything we can to keep him unless a ridiculous deal was offered. He's 21, 2 meters tall, plays well every week in the VFL, a great mark, kicks goals, gets plenty of the ball and a good tap ruckman.

We'd be mad to let him go. Hopefully he plays this week.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers

Behind a backlog of decent players, already a big body, top 20 draft pick and excellent at VFL level.

I imagine Adelaide and Port (possibly not so much given their tall stocks) will be sniffing around also.

Higgins went for basically some pick upgrades and he'd played a lot more football.

Yeah Nah

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton

yeah but richmond had a few more higgins types, they aren't flush with young talented talls.

Dec 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arizona Cardinals
This.

We actually have a massive hole in our list in this regard.

I think we are back to everyone chasing talls again and his value will be pretty strong accordingly. He may well stay as I think he’ll get games but you would demand a decent return if he wants to go be a leading ruck somewhere else.

I think we are back to everyone chasing talls again and his value will be pretty strong accordingly. He may well stay as I think he’ll get games but you would demand a decent return if he wants to go be a leading ruck somewhere else.

Agreed, but if you ask most BF fans, he is so unproven he is worth a token trade haha

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda

I think you are forgetting that St Kilda also gave up a future 2nd

So it was a future 2nd and a 4 spot upgrade.

CCJ's value really depends on how much footy he gets to play. If he doesn't get a game than 35-40 might be right.

If he gets a go and is in and out a bit it's more likely a bit higher than that though.

If he can cement a spot by the end of the year he won't be cheap.

Back