Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
He's OOC.

As has been proved dozens of times in the last 3 years, it's the overriding factor when determining value.

Clubs are simply getting lowballed if their players are OOC and interested in moving.
That's not always the case. I don't think Essendon were low balled with Saad.

A lot depends on if they are getting a game. If you are playing VFL and uncontracted it's hard to expect a lot, but nif he's cemented a spot in the team by the year you'll be dreaming if you think you'll get him for nothing.

Good result for someone who hasn’t debuted regardless of how highly he’s rated.
He’s played one game against the dons.

But yeah beauty of a bidding war and talls having more value

I’m at peace how ever it ends up

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
He’s played one game against the dons.

But yeah beauty of a bidding war and talls having more value

I’m at peace how ever it ends up
It doesn't really work like that though. If he chooses a club it's no longer a bidding war. He'll get to the club he chooses.

If he plays a bit of footy this year Richmond might end up getting a first if he goes to a top 4 side.

It's hard to see how they'd end up with that if he can't get a game though.

It doesn't really work like that though. If he chooses a club it's no longer a bidding war. He'll get to the club he chooses.

If he plays a bit of footy this year Richmond might end up getting a first if he goes to a top 4 side.

Gws are the most interested they are usually happy paying overs. But yeah at this stage it’s all guess work

We have a good draft hand this year he either stays or adds to it

He's OOC.

As has been proved dozens of times in the last 3 years, it's the overriding factor when determining value.

Clubs are simply getting lowballed if their players are OOC and interested in moving.

True but he wont be traded for a token.

CrowBox89

Debutant
Aug 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’ve liked the lad since his u18 championships for SA, huge upside and skill set for a big man. I wouldn’t be upset if the crows gave up a p15-20 to get him being a SA lad and fills the second ruck/fwd spot as Thilthorpe should never ruck and just be a permanent fwd and would eventually challenge ROB for main ruck role.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
It was Higgins + 21 + 2021 R4 for 17 + 2021 Rnd 2
This is actually starting to look like a decent trade for Richmond
* The 1st round pick upgrade enabled Richmond to trade that pick to cats for their 1st rounder this year (effectively #25 in 2020 to cats 1st rounder 2021 could be as good as #12-#18)

* Saints 2nd rounder looking like a #22-#25 in a very strong deep draft

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Unless Riewoldt retires this season, I can’t see him staying at the Tigers and wasting another year in the reserves. Plenty of senior opportunities at other clubs.

TigerTime88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond

The thing is he is in his third year and was pick 20. I wouldn’t expect much from a ruck in his first three years outside of playing good twos footy. In my opinion he hasn’t raised his stocks but hasn’t lowered them. Would expect about the same back.

TigerTime88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
I’ve liked the lad since his u18 championships for SA, huge upside and skill set for a big man. I wouldn’t be upset if the crows gave up a p15-20 to get him being a SA lad and fills the second ruck/fwd spot as Thilthorpe should never ruck and just be a permanent fwd and would eventually challenge ROB for main ruck role.

Agree that he would fit your two gun talks well. Would be a good three way combo.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
The thing is he is in his third year and was pick 20. I wouldn’t expect much from a ruck in his first three years outside of playing good twos footy. In my opinion he hasn’t raised his stocks but hasn’t lowered them. Would expect about the same back.
4th year now so i absolutely think he needs to get some games under his belt or his value will be starting to drop.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
He's also uncontracted. Its hard to say an uncontrsctee player that can't get a game is going to hold his value IMO.

Oct 14, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Hard to judge his value, also RCD's. Both have the talent but no real AFL time to prove it might translate. Richmond need to create space or be prepared to lose them....

I'd be offering a rd.1 upgrade or straight 2nd for either of them. Think they'll both make it in the end.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Hard to judge his value, also RCD's. Both have the talent but no real AFL time to prove it might translate. Richmond need to create space or be prepared to lose them....

I'd be offering a rd.1 upgrade or straight 2nd for either of them. Think they'll both make it in the end.
Richmond rate him very highly and want to keep him , Riewoldt replacement and with the game now having 3 talls up foward we will see him getting games soon.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Afl article saying we probably end up with a late first if he leaves due to the amount of interest in him
Context is an important factor people seem to forget in the trade period. It doesn't just come down to quality of the player, it's also about availability of similar types, each club's current position, contract status, etc. Hence why CCJ could realistically fetch a late 1st/early 2nd when ordinarily someone in his situation would usually go for a 3rd at best. Also why Treloar went for the price he did despite no one even questioning the quality of player

Back