Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

Think tom lynch gave the suns more than enough service and was coming back home. Also lynch didn't cost the suns $100k the year prior. I could understand it more if Coleman Jones was heading back home to SA but he's taking the easy option and not backing himself in to force his way into the side.
Weak character.

Yeah, going to the bottom of the ladder side is the easy option.

It is when you know you don't have to work as hard to get a game and you have a cushy 4 year deal to lean on.

Given Richmond's on the slide into a long rebuild I'm not sure that holds.

I don't think CCJ is going to have much say in the trade personally.

Neither do BF posters, as much as some would like to have us believe (and this applies to all trade threads btw)

Nah it’s not as simple as that.
You can’t have a guy like CCJ and Lynch (as well as Dusty) in the forward line.
Too lumbering and slow. Once the ball hits the deck it will be sling shot down the ground with ease. We saw it this year.

Sounds like North intend to counter this by playing him as a ruck. Which is a position we couldn’t guarantee he would be in our best 22 for.

Riewoldt is copping most of the flack on Melbourne Radio today from Richmond fans.

Lynch is the main problem.

He's been pretty ordinary for the last 2 years. He's won you games, but he's been a shadow of the player he was in 2019.

Can see him coasting to 35-40 goals a season for the next contract and retiring at 32-33 when Richmond bottom out.

Riewoldt has been good and would actually compliment CCJ.

Riewoldt is copping most of the flack on Melbourne Radio today from Richmond fans.

Lynch is the main problem.

He's been pretty ordinary for the last 2 years. He's won you games, but he's been a shadow of the player he was in 2019.

Can see him coasting to 35-40 goals a season for the next contract and retiring at 32-33 when Richmond bottom out.

Riewoldt has been good and would actually compliment CCJ.
Lynch and CCJ are similar types.

We have perhaps played Lynch while he has been carrying injury. This was validated in 2020 when Jack was injured and we ended up winning the flag. This year we bit the bullet when we ran out of steam half way through the year. In hindsight we should have got him right at the start of the season, but that’s life.

Those inside the club believe that he will be back to his 2019 form with an injury free pre season and a longer recovery this year. Time will tell I spose.

I project CCJ to have the potential up forward to Lynch’s 2019-20 seasons. But it’s a moot point as you guys will be playing him as a ruckman.

Lynch and CCJ are similar types.

We have perhaps played Lynch while he has been carrying injury. This was validated in 2020 when Jack was injured and we ended up winning the flag. This year we bit the bullet when we ran out of steam half way through the year. In hindsight we should have got him right at the start of the season, but that’s life.

Those inside the club believe that he will be back to his 2019 form with an injury free pre season and a longer recovery this year. Time will tell I spose.

I project CCJ to have the potential up forward to Lynch’s 2019-20 seasons. But it’s a moot point as you guys will be playing him as a ruckman.

He will certainly be playing more ruck than at Richmond.

Long term, I think the plan will be to play CCJ and Edwards as dual rucks, with one always resting forward, similar to how Melbourne play Gawn/Jackson.

In Noble's first press conference on the day he was appointed he outlaid he prefers a two ruck system. It will be Goldy/CCJ until Goldy retires, then CCJ/Edwards.

Mate, Riewoldt will go down as a Richmond club legend, and he kicked 51 goals this year.

You don't shoot Bambi to keep a bloke that has played 9 games.

Hes clearly a legend. That is not in dispute.

But that's part of the problem sometimes. A real reluctance of legends to go out on top.

Look at what Jack got compared with his cousin. Jack was awesome but also it was a mutually beneficial relationship with the Tiges.

Seems to be the culture to squeeze every last $ of the game. Yes he's still playing well. But its ok to go out on top imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the upside - I am getting pretty excited about North's list.

For all the crap wew rightly got about going after the big fish under Brad Scott, we've very adroitly recruited high end role players for the rebuild of late.

Aidan Corr, Jaidyn Stephenson, Caidyn Coleman Jones lol

For all the crap wew rightly got about going after the big fish under Brad Scott, we've very adroitly recruited high end role players for the rebuild of late.

Aidan Corr, Jaidyn Stephenson, Caidyn Coleman Jones lol
Forgot Lachie Young north have a great young list

I dont get the criticism of the Tigers and the North chest beating. If we wanted to keep him we would have, clearly the club doesn't rate him as much as the fans or North.

How?

He didn't accept your offer.

Yep thats a good one in 2016, in 2021 after 3 flags probably not so much. Polec however.... still works.

Hawthorn won three flags not that long ago, how they doing now?

Just cop it sweet that a talented young player you put lots of development time into and are gutted to lose has moved on to a club that's going places, not one pretending it still 2019.

The Tiges were a great side. We were great in the 90s too.

All in the past now. 2022 is what matters.

Just cop it sweet that a talented young player you put lots of development time into and are gutted to lose has moved on to a club that's going places, not one pretending it still 2019.

Thats Bait Tom Hardy GIF - Thats Bait Tom Hardy Max Rockatansky - Discover  & Share GIFs

Hawks fans can sit and relax as well, their success is still recent enough to taste, 20 years ago though? lol

As for 2022 I'm confident we can still contend again, can north?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back