Past Callum Sinclair - retired 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

ZslCYQFE.jpg

Callum Sinclair

Player Profile

Callum Sinclair was traded from the West Coast Eagles to the Sydney Swans ahead of season 2016 and has since played vital roles as a key forward and ruckman. Over his first two seasons at the Swans he played primarily as a forward as Kurt Tippett and Sam Naismith carried the ruck load, but the retirement of Tippett and Naismith’s ACL rupture left him with the chief ruck duties in 2018 and 2019. That was until he dislocated his right shoulder twice in Round 15, an injury that ended his season. Sinclair banked a stellar 2020 pre-season campaign and has a burning desire to play every game at the top level this year. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (West Coast) No. 12; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (West Coast); 2015 AFL Draft traded by West Coast for Lewis Jetta.

Callum Sinclair

DOB: 23 September 1989
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Beaumaris (Vic)/Port Melb (VFL)/Subiaco (WAFL)/WCE

Last edited:
I dont think he was brought in to be depth. He was starting 22 from the day we signed him. Im starting to think even leunberger would have been better and hes a grade A spud

Starting 22 mainly because of Naismith's history with injuries, I think they have been grooming Naismith to take over in the ruck but Sinclair was a stop gap until he was ready.

Its like you don't like a difference of opinion and that we all should be sinking the boots into a player because you have an issue with them? I'm not pro Sinclair like you want to suggest (saying he is in our Bottom 5 players and should only play if fit and if Tippett isn't available is hardly that). I have been open with stating that Sinclair has been poor and that before this week he should make way for Tippett so Naismith can keep his spot.

But you believe what you want.
Lol ok

But pre season if we had not of gotten a ruckman people would of been concerned to be fair.

Agree with this, this was more the point I was trying to make. Anyway we are going round in circles a bit.

Agree with this, this was more the point I was trying to make. Anyway we are going round in circles a bit.

True

Its academic right now given his injury anyway
Tippett may beat him back for a start

I dont think he was brought in to be depth. He was starting 22 from the day we signed him. Im starting to think even leunberger would have been better and hes a grade A spud

Have edited my post above. A few on here wanted Luey in the off season but he chose the Bombers so that put an end to that.

But seriously the club does rate Naismith highly, with everyone fit Sinclair drops out of the 22. That much I think we can all agree on.

Have edited my post above. A few on here wanted Luey in the off season but he chose the Bombers so that put an end to that.

But seriously the club does rate Naismith highly, with everyone fit Sinclair drops out of the 22. That much I think we can all agree on.
I agree wholeheartedly

Been better than Talia to be fair
Talia cost a swap of 4th round picks and was AFL standard in every game he played this year. On less cash too

Talia cost a swap of 4th round picks and was AFL standard in every game he played this year. On less cash too

Yeah but do you want one great steak for tea tonight and nothing the rest of the week

Or say spam for tea the whole week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but do you want one great steak for tea tonight and nothing the rest of the week

Or say spam for tea the whole week

Neither!
Give me pasta every night. It's versatile, & great value & with a subtle change of ingredients, it gets the job done every time & only falls short on the rare occasion.

you guys are too fussy for me.
It's like feeding strawberries to pigs! :D

Neither!
Give me pasta every night. It's versatile, & great value & with a subtle change of ingredients, it gets the job done every time & only falls short on the rare occasion.

you guys are too fussy for me.
It's like feeding strawberries to pigs! :D
Thats carb suicide

As easy and enjoyable as it is for some to hate him, he had a really good reserves game and should get the call up next week. Looked really good up forward and competed well in the ruck against a few taller Suns players. Overall, good game, certainly one of the better Swans on the day.

Who you dropping

Who you dropping
Florent, once again on the periphery. Robinson for Kennedy is a no brainer.
11 disposals, 40 AFL points, one of the least effective players on the ground tonight, including a completely shite Gold Coast team that could only * a football for 2 & half quarters.

Florent, once again on the periphery. Robinson for Kennedy is a no brainer.
11 disposals, 40 AFL points, one of the least effective players on the ground tonight, including a completely shite Gold Coast team that could only **** a football for 2 & half quarters.

Yeah but you suggest picking a ruckman for a running mid?

A ruck who was playing barely 50% of game time in his last 3 senior games

Yeah but you suggest picking a ruckman for a running mid?

A ruck who was playing barely 50% of game time in his last 3 senior games
Florent plays about 60% game time, maybe 70% some games, depending on needs. He's not a running player anyway, since he doesn't really "run". He's an outside player who needs to be fed, even if he's racking up 7 contested from 11. Overall, had little impact on the game, and his slight physical stature hinders him more than anything else.

I don't think he would have played if Dawson wasn't injured.

We simply cannot against Mumford and Lobbe with Reid as our 2nd ruck. He will get killed and we will lose, big.

Florent plays about 60% game time, maybe 70% some games, depending on needs. He's not a running player anyway, since he doesn't really "run". He's an outside player who needs to be fed, even if he's racking up 7 contested from 11. Overall, had little impact on the game, and his slight physical stature hinders him more than anything else.

I don't think he would have played if Dawson wasn't injured.

We simply cannot against Mumford and Lobbe with Reid as our 2nd ruck. He will get killed and we will lose, big.

Not disputing florent

I would have florent out for hayward if fit, robinson for kennedy

But sinclair cannot do much forward or in the ruck, may as well let towers give a chop out, mumford will dominate sinclair anyway

Not disputing florent

I would have florent out for hayward if fit, robinson for kennedy

But sinclair cannot do much forward or in the ruck, may as well let towers give a chop out, mumford will dominate sinclair anyway
I think he's maligned as a forward, since he's shown that he can play it quite well at times. I just don't think he gets much of a crack there in the seniors, whereas in the reserves he gets close to 50% game time. He kicked a bag today, admittedly against a lesser quality player, but marked and lead well.

I think he's maligned as a forward, since he's shown that he can play it quite well at times. I just don't think he gets much of a crack there in the seniors, whereas in the reserves he gets close to 50% game time. He kicked a bag today, admittedly against a lesser quality player, but marked and lead well.

Yeah in the neafl

But its more about what spot is there than his form, i dont think you disrupt the current forward set up

We need movement v the giants, thas just me, i just bet sinclair wont be picked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back