Past Callum Sinclair - retired 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

ZslCYQFE.jpg

Callum Sinclair

Player Profile

Callum Sinclair was traded from the West Coast Eagles to the Sydney Swans ahead of season 2016 and has since played vital roles as a key forward and ruckman. Over his first two seasons at the Swans he played primarily as a forward as Kurt Tippett and Sam Naismith carried the ruck load, but the retirement of Tippett and Naismith’s ACL rupture left him with the chief ruck duties in 2018 and 2019. That was until he dislocated his right shoulder twice in Round 15, an injury that ended his season. Sinclair banked a stellar 2020 pre-season campaign and has a burning desire to play every game at the top level this year. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (West Coast) No. 12; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (West Coast); 2015 AFL Draft traded by West Coast for Lewis Jetta.

Callum Sinclair

DOB: 23 September 1989
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Beaumaris (Vic)/Port Melb (VFL)/Subiaco (WAFL)/WCE

Last edited:
Should get an ESPN 30 for 30 on this game.

Lance Franklin (team mate)"i didnt even know who callum was before that magical night"

John Longmire (coach) " i was tempted to move him back, now how do I pick sammy"

kurt tippett (neafl player) " i watched it thinking * off, just * off"

When something works, it works.

Cal has never played in a 3 tall structure as a forward. The only time we've played small, we've actually had him as the sole ruckman due to injury to sam and/or Tippo.

All that's occured is we've validated that Cal can contribute in that particular structure as a genuine forward - something he hasn't been asked to do ever before.

If we'd played him as a Forward multiple times, then we can write that performance off.

But 8 contested marks...that just isn't nothing.

When something works, it works.

Cal has never played in a 3 tall structure as a forward. The only time we've played small, we've actually had him as the sole ruckman due to injury to sam and/or Tippo.

All that's occured is we've validated that Cal can contribute in that particular structure as a genuine forward - something he hasn't been asked to do ever before.

If we'd played him as a Forward multiple times, then we can write that performance off.

But 8 contested marks...that just isn't nothing.

Jason Gillespie got a 200

That was Cal's best game. Not only did he mark well and kick straight but he didn't look slow. He did some fantastic work on the ground as well, which you don't often see from a bloke 200cm tall!! I love the idea that this will be his new norm but I wouldn't be surprised if he plays like LRT at FF in 2012. Truth be told, that's all he needs to be! Get a couple of good goals but otherwise just contest and knock the ball down

Lance Franklin (team mate)"i didnt even know who callum was before that magical night"

John Longmire (coach) " i was tempted to move him back, now how do I pick sammy"

kurt tippett (neafl player) " i watched it thinking **** off, just **** off"
Aliir Aliir (neafl player) "I can also play forward if we need another tall" (he says, more in hope)
Horse (coach) "Actually, I was thinking we could play Sammy back"
Aliir Aliir (future WC trade) "Caesar, say something"

That was Cal's best game. Not only did he mark well and kick straight but he didn't look slow. He did some fantastic work on the ground as well, which you don't often see from a bloke 200cm tall!! I love the idea that this will be his new norm but I wouldn't be surprised if he plays like LRT at FF in 2012. Truth be told, that's all he needs to be! Get a couple of good goals but otherwise just contest and knock the ball down
I agree, but he's shown some good patches as a forward before. I think he should have had a couple of more goals though, He missed some easy ones. Last year (early) he and Kurt were clunking them well up forward. If we play a 3 man tall forward line I'd like to see Sinkers played mainly out of the square. Buddy and Sam are more mobile.

I agree, but he's shown some good patches as a forward before. I think he should have had a couple of more goals though, He missed some easy ones. Last year (early) he and Kurt were clunking them well up forward. If we play a 3 man tall forward line I'd like to see Sinkers played mainly out of the square. Buddy and Sam are more mobile.
Rohan is currently playing as the third tall when we don't have a resting ruck (leading mark targets). I'm all for playing 3 talls but we'd need to push Rohan further up the ground for it to work. Either way, it's a great place to be in

Jason Gillespie got a 200

Nice it was too. :thumbsu:

But that was in his last test after a ten year career in which he showed on many occasions he could swing a bat.

All we knew about Sinkers before the weekend was that he is not much of a ruckman.

Then we threw him forward.

Leo Barry was pretty ordinary as a forward. Then one day we threw him back. Who knew?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old mate received the maximum 10 coaches votes from Longmire and Richardson. I was interested to see that Melican also received 5

Keep him in this week, he probably wont achieve lasts weeks output, but who knows? Reid and Tippet can gain form in the ressies, assuming either of them dont trip over a blade of grass and get injured again. The next 2 games after the Hawks, will decide our season!

Rohan is currently playing as the third tall when we don't have a resting ruck (leading mark targets). I'm all for playing 3 talls but we'd need to push Rohan further up the ground for it to work. Either way, it's a great place to be in
I'd like to see Rohan on a wing or, if Jones take a rest, playing out of defence with his incredible run, carry and huge penetrating kicks.

I never knocked him, but then I never praised him either. A huge testament to our mids for clean entry inside 50, though our forwards seemed to be doing their best to fluff things up. Even Sinkers missed another three very gettable goals.

The nice thing is, after a start where we were so skint of talent that Kenny could have got a game, we now have a war chest of quality players battling it out in the NEAFL, ready to step up and do a job for us. Swans coaching and conditioning staff, take a bow. Especially you Mr Shaw.
I'm pretty sure Kenny has still been getting a game unless my eyes have deceived me. Personally think he could be due for a stint in the NEAFL as he seems to go missing for long periods of the game but I can't question his spirit.

I'm pretty sure Kenny has still been getting a game unless my eyes have deceived me. Personally think he could be due for a stint in the NEAFL as he seems to go missing for long periods of the game but I can't question his spirit.

Does kenny still sit behind the goals or is he in a the coaches box/corporate box?

Just watched the replay last weekends game. The "S-train" should keep his spot. His performance was amazing and he deserves to be rewarded with further opportunity for such a performance. Keeps Reid out of the side for this week imo.

I'd like to see Rohan on a wing or, if Jones take a rest, playing out of defence with his incredible run, carry and huge penetrating kicks.

I would too. But he simply doesn't seem to have the tank. I'm not sure why. But he goes missing for long periods before a couple of cameos. Up forward, with shorter sharper efforts, he seems to do more damage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back