List Mgmt. Cam and Zach Guthrie re-sign with Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I once saw guthrie shimmy past 12 players in one single play. Zero awareness my arse.
videotogif_2016.09.06_13.50.51_zpsrlaliq0a.gif

Slipped past the shittruck Puopolo and The Overrated One.

Human memory is notoriously fallible but apart from a few dashing runs and goals I recall not rating him pretty much from the start, on account of his poor disposal and lack of composure. Bit like Murdoch, though Murdoch is technically a better kick.
Yep Murdoch is a better kick, doesn't know how to use his pace though.
Yeah it's all memory for me and it was over 10 years ago now but I really liked him at the start. Remember a few times he did some great runs at really important times.

Yep Murdoch is a better kick, doesn't know how to use his pace though.
Yeah it's all memory for me and it was over 10 years ago now but I really liked him at the start. Remember a few times he did some great runs at really important times.
Murdoch also is a really bad decision maker. And doesn't work anywhere near as hard as he should especially for someone with the pace he has. Could easily become a left footed Wojak, but where Woj had desire and a wicked work ethic and wasn't afraid of the hard work, Murdoch can often be seen jogging off thew back of packs.

Tenace didn't turn completely s**t till he got injured bout halfway through 2007 then that was sort of it.
He was decent that year too before that happened.
If you look at the 2007 team where does Guthrie get a game?
I wouldn't have had him ahead of Tenace.
Despite Tenace being 4 years in and Guthrie being 8 years into the system.
I'm worried that you are serious.
In 07, Tenace does not get a game.
What's the point talking about Guthrie in 07?

I'm worried that you are serious.
In 07, Tenace does not get a game.
What's the point talking about Guthrie in 07?
He did though! & played well till he got injured. I'm worried you can't remember it.
The point is if he was so s**t from day dot how did he get games in such a team?
If Guthrie is such a brilliant player would you consider him a start in that team?
Even over Tenace?
I'm yet to hear anyone say Yes. Or have any counter argument which makes me think you're worried I'm right.

He did though! & played well till he got injured. I'm worried you can't remember it.
The point is if he was so s**t from day dot how did he get games in such a team?
If Guthrie is such a brilliant player would you consider him a start in that team?
Even over Tenace?
I'm yet to hear anyone say Yes.
yes ahead of tenace. And shannon byrnes and josh hunt.

yes ahead of tenace. And shannon byrnes and josh hunt.
Not for me. Maybe Shagger but we needed his pace and he played his role well. Wasnt a walk up start anyway.
Certainly not Josh Hunt. Underrated IMO.
Wouldn't have him ahead of Tenace either.
We had enough good midfielders that pace on the wing complimented it and was a point of difference.
Be no point having Guthrie in the team. Anywhere he can play we had someone better.
Maybe a tagger when Ling got injured.

I'm actually a bit surprised about Cam Guthrie, he was one I thought might want to go somewhere else. Zach shows potential but is still way too inconsistent, as young footy players tend to be. I don't think Zach would cost the club much too keep around to see if he can develop into a decent AFL player. So it makes sense from a TPP situation to hang onto him for a couple more years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even over Tenace?
I'm yet to hear anyone say Yes. Or have any counter argument which makes me think you're worried I'm right.
100% over Tenace .
Every week.
When he was in that team, he was a liability.
We improved when he was out of the team.
Hate to say it, but like improving the class average score by removing the dunce.

Not for me. Maybe Shagger but we needed his pace and he played his role well. Wasnt a walk up start anyway.
We had enough good midfielders that pace on the wing complimented it and was a point of difference.
Be no point having Guthrie in the team. Anywhere he can play we had someone better.
But you have not answered the question- who would Tenace have replaced in that team? He was so far below that standard it's not funny. No problem with his effort. Just lacked the poise and polish that our PREMIERSHIP HEROES HAD.

go look at the 07 gf and tell me shagger played his role well? his gaem that day needed benny hill music. redeemed himself in the last qtr of the 09 gf but in 07 it was comedy central. I would also take guthrie over stokes.

But you have not answered the question- who would Tenace have replaced in that team? He was so far below that standard it's not funny. No problem with his effort. Just lacked the poise and polish that our PREMIERSHIP HEROES HAD.
No one out of the GF team. But certainly wasn't unhappy with his contributions that year until he got injured. He was bloody good in some of them.
I wouldn't have had Guthrie in at any stage. Maybe the Port game at KP when Ling didn't play

josh hunt wasnt capable of racking up 30 possession games, destroying cyril rioli or tagging out midfielders like Cam guthrie has. Hunt was a solid player but at his best guthrie is another level higher.
Like them both.
Josh Hunts's
*top 10 disposal games are very impressive
-30, 29, 28, 27, 25, 24, 24, 24, 24, 23, 23;
*best mark tally 12
*most kicks 21
*most tackles 8
*ave disposals 15
Given he played mainly as a lock down BP, that is impressive.
I saw him beaten at times, but have also seen him demolish perhaps the best small forward we have seen, S Milne.
His kicking out was a feature.
He was a critical player in our premierships, and the fact he forced his way back in after his ACL injury is a statement.

Like them both.
Josh Hunts's
*top 10 disposal games are very impressive
-30, 29, 28, 27, 25, 24, 24, 24, 24, 23, 23;
*best mark tally 12
*most kicks 21
*most tackles 8
*ave disposals 15
Given he played mainly as a lock down BP, that is impressive.
I saw him beaten at times, but have also seen him demolish perhaps the best small forward we have seen, S Milne.
His kicking out was a feature.
He was a critical player in our premierships, and the fact he forced his way back in after his ACL injury is a statement.
we lost a shot at a flag cos hunt got smashed by milne in a final. i wouldnt be using hunts performances on milne to justify how good a player he was. Hunt was an average lock down player. He wasnt horrible but he wasnt great either. Guthrie was a better lockdown player then hunt ever was. Hunt was very useful in moving the ball out of defence. That was his main positive attribute.

At least one. Depends whose assessment you rely on. If mine, yes.
fair enough. Dangerfield had about 10 best on grounds last year. Duncan about 6. Both probably have a couple this year. Stewart has about 3 this year. Blicavs has a long way to go to even be in the conversation. And thats before you even consider the fact we have about 3 players who can play blicavs position once taylor and henderson are back. Not even sure blicavs is the best player in his current position.

fair enough. Dangerfield had about 10 best on grounds last year. Duncan about 6. Both probably have a couple this year. Stewart has about 3 this year. Blicavs has a long way to go to even be in the conversation. And thats before you even consider the fact we have about 3 players who can play blicavs position once taylor and henderson are back. Not even sure blicavs is the best player in his current position.
I think his stats for goals against shows he’s probably the best in the comp at the moment in his position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back