Free Agency Cam Ellis-Yolmen [Signs for Brisbane, Adelaide receives #47 as compensation]

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would love to try and pick up Ellis Yolman and Greenwood, would automatically add some more size on the inside.

Who knows?
He's all yours!

He's got a role at the right club, ok on the inside by has significant deficiencies elsewhere. Consider him a poor man's Lyons

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Casual 30 disposals 10 tackle game for this free agent.

Super athletic and a very big body player.

Not many feee agents available this year so this guy will be one to watch
'athletic'? Slow, can't jump and not overly agile. Yes, he's tall and strong, but not agile

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Decent get for the Crows if they get a 2nd rounder. Way above what others like Miles, Lyons, Hall got in a similar situation but in a trade. Would be a big win to start trade period for the Crows.

Not sure where he fits in at Brisbane, doubt he'd go if he thought he'd remain as depth, but I can't see him being picked as more than depth. Guess it'll be important if Neale/Lyons/Berry goes down.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
With all respect, CEY is only a battler who probably doesn't warrant The Crows getting any kind of compo pick

Belongs in the Clinton Young FA bracket range I reckon, but I bet the Crows will luck out and a second rounder for him, cause the league is run by clowns. Never see anything from CEY to suggest he will be anything above a C Grade player.

May 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Similar age, and contract to Chris Mayne, which netted a second rounder.

Maybe was reported to be on $2mil over 4 years which I'm sincerely hoping Brisbane isn't paying CEY.

Also from memory, salary per year is weighted more than length of contract. Also any incentive based payments don't count, and I suspect he might have a few of those give his injury history.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
With all respect, CEY is only a battler who probably doesn't warrant The Crows getting any kind of compo pick

Belongs in the Clinton Young FA bracket range I reckon, but I bet the Crows will luck out and a second rounder for him, cause the league is run by clowns. Never see anything from CEY to suggest he will be anything above a C Grade player.

All comes down to the contract he is receiving

That will determine all compo, nothing else

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Will be a second round compo pick by the looks of it.
Similar age, and contract to Chris Mayne, which netted a second rounder.

Less than mayne especially when you factor in salary rise since

Does also losing jacobs factor in?. Is it a combined effect in terms of a compo pick. I am asking as i genuinely don't know

Losing Jacobs should be like adding
1+ 0

It’s still 1.

Also 4yrs has to be bullshit unless those last 2 years are massively underpaid

Ie instead of giving him what he wanted over 2 years they’ve spread it over 4 to help them manage the cap

Back