Free Agency Cam Ellis-Yolmen [Signs for Brisbane, Adelaide receives #47 as compensation]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah just imagine the sell on that to the 17 other clubs..Carlton got 2 x mature age draft picks last year but instead of using them, they traded them for yet more draft picks. Then they willingly traded their 2020 1st away which is likely to end up being pick 1. The list managed needs to be sectioned

but...but.. but... SOS is a genius.

Worst part of this is Bolton isnt responsible for his stuff ups but because he's not a club legend he gets the boot and silvagni stays.

Yeah just imagine the sell on that to the 17 other clubs..Carlton got 2 x mature age draft picks last year but instead of using them, they traded them for yet more draft picks. Then they willingly traded their 2020 1st away which is likely to end up being pick 1. The list managed needs to be sectioned

I think you may be a little confused:

We still have our 2020 first round pick.

We also have your 2019 first round pick (~#11-14).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In serious form

Who of CEY or Greenwood is better though?

Greenwood, but the problem is that he hasn’t been able to build his tank to play as a full time midfielder. Every preseason has been interrupted by injury. I expect a club would get a fair bit more from CEY than they would from Greenwood. Gut feel is that we keep CEY and Greenwood goes for a contract that we can’t match.

He's the type of player we need, a big inside mid, but I'm not convinced that he will carry on with good form in future years. He's often be in and out of the side and might be one of those guns at state level but can't consistently step up at AFL players.

TBH this is what we all thought of him before this season. Good depth player at best. This year he has shown that he can step up consistently. Has improved all areas of his game and now looks to be a lock for the midfield with Crouch x 2 and Sloane.

TBH this is what we all thought of him before this season. Good depth player at best. This year he has shown that he can step up consistently. Has improved all areas of his game and now looks to be a lock for the midfield with Crouch x 2 and Sloane.
This year yes, just not sure what he is going to offer in years ahead. Probably clubs would only want him because he's a RFA and costs no currency.

Would Crows match?

This year yes, just not sure what he is going to offer in years ahead. Probably clubs would only want him because he's a RFA and costs no currency.

Would Crows match?
I hope they do.

Would Crows match?
He's not exactly old. Would probably be more likely that he continues rather than regresses as he gains experience.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the end of the year as we have 4 previous rookies who will be demanding better contracts (Keath, Greenwood, Obrien and CEY).

He's the type of player we need, a big inside mid, but I'm not convinced that he will carry on with good form in future years. He's often be in and out of the side and might be one of those guns at state level but can't consistently step up at AFL players.
To be fair, he has always had good form. Every time he has gone up to AFL level he has performed, and every time he went back to the SANFL he performed.

Is he still unsigned? Think he may look to pastures new, as Adelaide seem set for some pretty big changes to their list at the end of the season.

He would be a good fit for a young raw team like the Suns. Not a world beater, but at least provides some experience and depth. Not sure if he features in Don Pyke's plans for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back