Scape Goat The Cam Guthrie Echo Chamber

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to take the advice of the photo and walk away from this thread just as I did with the Scott thread

They're seems to be a common theme that once an individual at the club is despised, that's there's no acknowledging when said individual actually does good - means there's no chance of genuine discussion & the same crap is continually dished up

I'm pretty sure that Danger was matched on Bont for one of those goals - the one he kicked when he broke away from the centre bounce, Danger started on him but when the umpire bounced the ball Danger created separation on Bont rather than staying with him; it was like he was "cheating" in the aim that Geelong would win the contest and the ball would get out to him. Instead it was Bont who got the ball and continued to work forward without any pressure from a Geelong player

Not sure I can blame Guthrie for that one when a the direct opponent doesn't even stand on the guy at the contest
I think the same thing happened with Cotchin but he just missed the tap down. Dangerfield likes to gamble that way and we may get burned by it in a key moment--- or we may benefit with an advantageous bounce of the ball. I see that sort of thing all the time at stoppages.

Going to take the advice of the photo and walk away from this thread just as I did with the Scott thread

They're seems to be a common theme that once an individual at the club is despised, that's there's no acknowledging when said individual actually does good - means there's no chance of genuine discussion & the same crap is continually dished up

This...

Are we to believe that the Club, the coach, his assistants and the MC (and I suspect the players) who have taken the club this year to two games clear on top of the table...are happily carrying a player who is a total liability with not one redeeming feature and zero impact in his games to date....

Yea right.....

The bolded above sums it up pretty well.....

......except of course revealing Guthrie hasn't polled a Brownlow vote in a final....gobsmacking revelation that.....

Amazing how many I sucked in with this comment. All you guys who have come out the woodwork like it's your chance to finally have a go back. I knew it would happen. :D

Please don't close the thread. Too much fun.

I think you'll find the general impression from those who don't rate Guthrie is there's better options.

Whether you think he's doing good or not, you need to consider the circumstances. Geelong are dominating, but Guthrie is the worst performing mid, comfortably, basically every week. There's always room to for improvement.

Some fans barrack for the team, others want to support individuals. I don't care too much for the players as individuals. I find it interesting that fans seem to take it personally when players are criticised. To say people 'despise' him? That's emotional rubbish.

No, never ignored that fact. Have said on multiple occasions Guthrie won't be dropped because Scott wants him in the team.
'Scott'? You say that as if Guthrie is the coach's friend.

The Match Committee want him in the team. You know, the team that comprises of the head of coaching, training, performance and football at the Geelong Football Club, who are currently killing it this season.

Amazing how many I sucked in with this comment. All you guys who have come out the woodwork like it's your chance to finally have a go back. I knew it would happen. :D

Aren't you the guy who once claimed that you'd like to hip and shoulder Guthrie on the football field and you'd knock him over because you do 2 classes of spin cycle every week?

I'd say the only person sucked in on this thread is you.

Aren't you the guy who once claimed that you'd like to hip and shoulder Guthrie on the football field and you'd knock him over because you do 2 classes of spin cycle every week?

No, I never said that.

Again, another example of my previous point. Emotional to the point of trying to insult me, off topic. I really got under your skin at some point, didn't I?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha He was their best performing mid on the day.

Of course Bont was their best performing mid. I mean both coaches agreed Wallis was 2nd best on ground and Bont wasn't in the top 5. But what do they know. Guthrie played on Bont so by definition Bont was the opposition's best player. Right?

How s**t is the rest of the comp going letting Bont dominate games. We just put some spud who'd look soft in the Barwon Heads under 12s on him and he has his worst game of the year. Chris Scott's a genius.

hmmm
So you are trolling.

Noted.

GO Catters

Of course Bont was their best performing mid. I mean both coaches agreed Wallis was 2nd best on ground and Bont wasn't in the top 5. But what do they know. Guthrie played on Bont so by definition Bont was the opposition's best player. Right?

How **** is the rest of the comp going letting Bont dominate games. We just put some spud who'd look soft in the Barwon Heads under 12s on him and he has his worst game of the year. Chris Scott's a genius.
Ahhh smarty. You start a thread asking for opinions on Guthrie then get upset when people give their opinions on Guthrie. Hahaha

'Scott'? You say that as if Guthrie is the coach's friend.

The Match Committee want him in the team. You know, the team that comprises of the head of coaching, training, performance and football at the Geelong Football Club, who are currently killing it this season.
Didn’t the MC want Murdoch in the team for some 100 odd games? Please tell me how he was also a star during home and away seasons that we were ‘killing it’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back