Opinion Cam Guthrie - where’s he at?

Is Cam Guthrie out of form?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam's been dumped from the 2018 Leadership Team.

At least the club can drop him now without looking like idiots for putting him where he should never have been...

DX1iXgOU8AAXg5E.jpg:large
nothing like the facts getting the way of a good melt.

Damn those facts.

Go Catters

Except for the fact he removed himself...

Yeah, it's called humility. About time too.

He's clearly no leader on field, and now the club will be under less pressure to drop him, which should have happened in 2017. Tried everywhere, failed everywhere.

Last edited:

Too bad about Blicavs.

You mean it's a bad thing when a player is respected and held in high regard by their teammates and thus are voted into the PLG?

Geelong’s General Manager of Football Simon Lloyd has great confidence in the seven individuals selected to lead the team.

“These seven individuals could not be better suited to leading our playing group in the 2018 season. They are highly regarded through the club and were voted based on their ability to consistently drive and deliver on what Geelong stands for,” Lloyd said.

Look at the peanut gallery arrive en masse. Blicavs even got a drive by.
The club does not need an eight-man leadership group featuring plodders like Blicavs. Blicavs should focus on finding a position he can play consistently well. Joel, Danger, Duncan, Taylor should be enough. Maybe Tuohy just sneaks in. I don't think he's accountable enough to be telling others what to do or be enforcing structures.

The club does not need an eight-man leadership group featuring plodders like Blicavs. Blicavs should focus on finding a position he can play consistently well. Joel, Danger, Duncan, Taylor should be enough. Maybe Tuohy just sneaks in. I don't think he's accountable enough to be telling others what to do or be enforcing structures.
I'll love your reaction if/when Blic is our next captain.
He has leadership ingrained.
Tuohy?? You can't be serious. The ultimate front-runner.

I don't think he should be in the side let alone the leadership group. Only guys you can confidently say are best 22 should be in.
Welcome back. Starting where you left off I see.

Last edited:
I don't think he should be in the side let alone the leadership group. Only guys you can confidently say are best 22 should be in.

That doesn't answer the question - is it a bad thing when a player is respected by their teammates and held in high regard and thus voted into the PLG?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a good thing then that we don't have an 8-man leadership group isn't it :)

Hang on. You have players you’re not a fan of. How’s this any different?
Crabs like Murdoch and Stanley. Neither of which will play without injuries.
Blicavs will. It does baffle me as to how so many can be so stupid. Everything the club does telegraphs how they and his teammates rate him.

He is going nowhere, and he will be our FB for the first month or so of the season.
Discussions on here will go further once people come to grips with his status at the club and within our team.

Crabs like Murdoch and Stanley. Neither of which will play without injuries.
Blicavs will. It does baffle me as to how so many can be so stupid. Everything the club does telegraphs how they and his teammates rate him.

He is going nowhere, and he will be our FB for the first month or so of the season.
Discussions on here will go further once people come to grips with his status at the club and within our team.

Doesn’t change the fact it’s all about opinion. You’re happy to bag Stanley and Murdoch - with good reason. Blicavs has his detractors who give reasonable opinions on why they don’t rate him. Posters don’t give a toss how highly the club rate Blicavs, they don’t.

Doesn’t change the fact it’s all about opinion. You’re happy to bag Stanley and Murdoch - with good reason. Blicavs has his detractors who give reasonable opinions on why they don’t rate him. Posters don’t give a toss how highly the club rate Blicavs, they don’t.

That’s fair enough.

You can rate or not rate who ever you want, as we all can. I’ll prophesy now that those wanting him out will find themselves disappointed. At the very least he has a role for the next month. He will seemingly be our makeshift fullback.

Anyways. That’s enough of him. Back to CG and the 1 million reasons he’ll be slated. Number 3,257... removed from LG.

WTF are you talking about?

Do you even know what a 'melt' is?
loosely exampled by your reaction to getting infracted to mention one version...

could also say any news item about Guthrie's hair and the pending blood spurting from you for another...

So yeah.. i can identify a good melt...

and if there is ever any doubt, we print the best ones and have them on the fridge in the Mod break room...

And yes you are there so don't feel left out.
Go Catters

Last edited:
Back