List Mgmt. Cam Joyce

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess I won't be posting this again....

AQc0lUo.gif

Laura Kane?
I’ve laid low for a little while.

Glad you raised this Snake.

If she escapes the cull we need to start calling her Teflon Kane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
...why the vendetta?

Do you guys know something I don't?

As far as I'm concerned those who are responsible for squad performance on field and player acquisition in the AFL team are the ones under the gun, and from what I've read/researched/listened to, this doesn't include Kane.

Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Glad Joyces isn't in our future.. haven't seen anything but mediocrity during his tenure.

In the Random thoughts thread someone posted we took Liam Anthony...nek pick was Rory Sloane....Kieran Harper...nek pick Luke Parker.....

Was he responsible?

Do we just take the good with the bad?

I imagine every club can do this snd regret missed opportunity.

We have struggled to get our young guys on the park quickly enough but every club picks duds.

I’m on the Alan McConnell train.

Would be a sensational get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If ever a call was a no-brainer since Scotts left this was it. Surprised it took a month. Like Brad, Cam gave it his best shot, but wasn't up to the task.

It sort of underlines how badly the club got key appointments wrong in the past 3 years. Can't blame Brad for his contract extension. And you can't blame Cam for getting a job he wasn't equipped for. But at key stages in the club's history we made a succession of very, very bad calls. Mid-2016 to Mid-2019 will be called "The Lost Years" when the next edition of the club's official history is written.

Credit to the club cleaning up its own mess now. Brickbats to the club for making the mess of the last 3 years. But I like the last month. I get the feeling that football is back on the agenda. I'm hoping that the club are pushing hard to get the best people to run the football team.

Having said that, nothing has been put in place that fixes anything. Instead, we've just cleared the runway for take off. Funnily enough I'm kind of excited that hope is back on the horizon, but at the same time, fearful that such important appointments will be stuffed up again.

Last edited:
So Scotts was so bad he gets moved on before his contract is up.

Joyces gets moved on because he’s no chop either.

Who made such dreadful calls on the most important football roles at the club? Whoever it was also needs to be held accountable.

Would we be that surprised if they already had one?

The timing of this seems odd to me.

Could the Longmire/Blakey double be in play?
Definately some tandem offers being made. Glad to now search for an AFL experienced for GM position (although I am unsure of what CJ did badly) and like the idea of a team coming in as long as they are on the same page. Makes negotiations more pleasurably opaque.

Thanks to Cameron Joyce for his service

If ever a call was a no-brainer since Scotts left this was it. Surprised it took a month. Like Brad, Cam gave it his best shot, but wasn't up to the task.

It sort of underlines how badly the club got key appointments wrong in the past 3 years. Can't blame Brad for his contract extension. And you can't blame Cam for getting a job he wasn't equipped for. But at key stages in the club's history we made a succession of very, very bad calls. Mid-2016 to Mid-2019 will be called "The Lost Years" when the next edition of the club's official history is written.

Credit to the club cleaning up its own mess now. Brickbats to the club for making the mess of the last 3 years. But I like the last month. I get the feeling that football is back on the agenda. I'm hoping that the club are pushing hard to get the best people to run the football team.

Having said that, nothing has been put in place that fixes anything. Instead, we've just cleared the runway for take off. Funnily enough I'm kind of excited that hope is back on the horizon, but at the same time, fearful that such important appointments will be stuffed up again.
What mess? I have yet to see a skerrick of evidence for the dumb opinions on Cameron Joyce. Or last GM got the coach to say in a press conference that the umpires were cheats.

Gave it his best shot? Best shot at what. And failed how and at what?

Lazy criticism IMHO

It seems the majority of you potting do not understand the time lines of responsibilities. Or maybe bitter at former subordinates becoming your boss.

Anyway, the era is passed and we throw some unnecessary balls up in the air imo. Shaw will not be coach next year now unless he wins the flag.
The flag or a new regime. Hopefully with a visionary plan. Hopefully not like our recruits taking time to fit in to a jelly mould.

Scott had to go. As for anything in the meantime, isn't it all still under review?

I suspect Cams read the tea leaves and saw change coming. Fair enough too. Must get his replacement absolutely bang on.
The next coach’s first question is who is our Football GM or who do plan to install as GM.
The two are intertwined.
We need to get this position spot on.

The deparments that cameron has taken over have all been our weakest areas. The critical areas are recruiting (s**t), drafting (s**t) and footy related operations (s**t). We might win a flag from here onwards. Don't need to recruit anyone special, sometime letting the coach call the shots might be a winning formula. Let rhyce have it all and we will definitely do okay, at least final for 2020 if not top 4.

I still can’t believe he essentially went from an assistant recruiter to head of footy in 7 years
We promoted from within because it was a feel good story.
I actually think Geoff Walsh endorsed him before he left but looking back he may have been screwing us over. Who knows.

There is already an article called the lost years where the recruitment we did between 2013 and 2017, only like 5 out 17 players still playing, terrible, if we drafted as well as our trade, we would've won a 5th flag in 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back