Rumour Cam McCarthy is on his way back to Fremantle

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Heard from a fairly reputable source that's in the know with the club and they reckon the club has reached out to McCarthy to see if he's willing to come back. Cam's pretty keen from what I'm hearing and reckons he'll be a lot more disciplined this time around but we'll see how that pans out.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
The guy who got offered good coin and perks to play for Souths never turned up or took a call when they told him he was dropped to the colts after round 1 has changed his way

This was after he was told by Fremantle he wouldnt be offered a new contract a month before the season ended so he cleared out his locker and walked out

******* sure, I have more of a chance of playing for freo next season. He's walked out on 2 AFL clubs and a WAFL club

He played one game at South Fremantle before walking out on the club.
Screenshot_20210916-231836.png

Looks like he played up until Round 7. Some pretty uninspiring performances though.

banzai

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 14, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Lol. Shocking footballer who's also a headcase. Surely there a thousand better options than this guy for Freo.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If this remarkably turned out to be true, when Freo inevitably ends up with a very small list of fit players to choose from or so like they do most years, I will not have sympathy.

Can only keep and pick so many injury prone & unreliable players. Freo have way more than their fair share.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
One of the worst shots at goal I have ever seen but never ever missed a shot when playing against Carlton.
Made Casboult look like Quinlan.
Goalkicking is the one thing he was good at. He was s**t everywhere else but he was a dead eye on front of goals. I would have put him behind Walters as the most accurate set shot at the club when he was here. Barely ever missed. If he had it anywhere within 55m you were pretty safe that he'd nail it.

Jun 18, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
One of the worst shots at goal I have ever seen but never ever missed a shot when playing against Carlton.
Made Casboult look like Quinlan.

You've got him mixed up with somebody else, beautiful set shot.

Very average player though and from all reports does his best work off the field. No chance this is true.

Back