List Mgmt. Cam McCarthy Requests Trade to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you may have missed that one..

So how about that Cam hey??

(You may notice about 2 days worth of posts missing but they were off-topic, getting nasty, and just trolls yelling at trolls. Everyone's fans are allowed to post in here as long as you all keep it on topic, and don't turn it into personal attacks at each other)

Thats what I was referring to in general terms rather than specific terms. Just put the trolls on ignore.

So how about that Cam hey??

(You may notice about 2 days worth of posts missing but they were off-topic, getting nasty, and just trolls yelling at trolls. Everyone's fans are allowed to post in here as long as you all keep it on topic, and don't turn it into personal attacks at each other)

Are you referrring to me as a troll? I bloody well hope not!

As far as I am concerned, you earn your way into posting on a board, just as you earn your way out of it.

So, when we have posters like this GWS clown, and the St Kilda obsessed flog, who spend 90-95% of their BF experience trolling Fremantle with vitriolic and personal crap , they earn their way out of it.

No-one has worked over the Eagles more than I have over the years, but I have only ever copped a yellow card, (3 points) in over a decade of posting there.

Why? Because I know where to draw the line and retain a sense of humour.

As far as I am concerned, you earn your way into posting on a board, just as you earn your way out of it.

So, when we have posters like this GWS clown, and the St Kilda obsessed flog, who spend 90-95% of their BF experience trolling Fremantle with vitriolic and personal crap , they earn their way out of it.

No-one has worked over the Eagles more than I have over the years, but I have only ever copped a yellow card, (3 points) in over a decade of posting there.

Why? Because I know where to draw the line and retain a sense of humour.

So you're a freagle?

Joking. Honestly.

In regards reports on tweets and supposedly reports on in Eastern States media that Cam McCarthy left the Noosa camp to go to Sydney to train on his own as referred to on the GWS board is a media beat up. McCarthy went to Sydney to get treatment for his hamstring which was planned and then he was on his way to Perth for Xmas. The camp was only of 1 weeks duration so he missed a day or probably 2 but that's no big deal.

In respect to the media's performance on the reports that Cam had left the camp (implying a dummy spit) the old adage "Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story" has rung true again on this occasion.

Last edited:

Wish we could vote you in as mod. Would the Chief be swayed by a petition?

There was a poster on here all last season that I swear has never said even one positive thing about the club, ever. When a bloke as thick skinned as Esti that had to iirc have a bit of a short break from here then something is not right.

Notice that they disappear of season when then is nothing to criticise. Having genuine Freo posters on here at the minute is a real pleasure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Notice that they disappear of season when then is nothing to criticise. Having genuine Freo posters on here at the minute is a real pleasure.
They bumped an old Dockerland thread over on the Eagles' board back from the dead, and another old one on here having a go at one of our players iirc that I just knew exactly you it was before even opening it. They are a West Coast supporter that probably has a Freo membership or something.

They bumped an old Dockerland thread over on the Eagles' board back from the dead, and another old one on here having a go at one of our players iirc that I just knew exactly you it was before even opening it. They are a West Coast supporter that probably has a Freo membership or something.

Time to kick the freagles out.

There was a poster on here all last season that I swear has never said even one positive thing about the club, ever. When a bloke as thick skinned as Esti that had to iirc have a bit of a short break from here then something is not right.
Bigfooty in general was a bit off putting this year

I just wrote a long diatribe for the D&T board, but the thread got closed before I finished it, so I'm posting it here:

With respect, the majority of Freo posters have done exactly the same. If you reviewed any of the various threads on this topic with an unbiased eye, you'll see any number of Freo posts stating incorrect facts, focussing on rumours as fact, and believing reporting pro-McCarthy and anti-GWS as the truth while ignoring the opposite. Case in point: believing Colin Young's utterances as 'nothing but the truth' but dismissing Jay Clark's story on the alleged pay deal as false. Case in point: the recent Channel 7 tweets don't even suggest McCarthy walked out on GWS completely, yet that's the spin most Freo supporters are going with.

You yourself have posted a number of times about his request to go home being related to 'things unknown' - none of which have (to date) come to light as being so.

In truth, we know very little about the situation other than (a) McCarthy asked to go home, and (b) GWS has said 'no' & held him to his contract. This latest situation has merely ripped off the scab that formed over the nasty exchanges during the trade period.

Go on. Actually have a look at this thread for example. What you are saying is actually false. The Fremantle posters have mostly tried to use external information to state their case. Young's "utterances" for example were backed up with a West Australian newspaper interview of Cam McCarthy himself, Fremantle Football Club statements and the contradictory statements by Giants officials. Jay Clark's "story" was a single tweet (unless you can point me towards his online story).

The problem is that GG has not involved himself in rational discussion. He has repeated statements that have been shown to be false despite multiple corrections eg when McCarthy extended his contract, misrepresented Taylor's statement regarding the pregnant girlfriend speculation (go back and read the original discussion - GG didn't, or couldn't), took up three pages of this thread to deny that clubs actually do send their players home when they can (even though many posters confirmed this), used abusive terms towards all Fremantle fans, and then resorted to a pathetic, puerile Leave Brittany Alone meme when it became clear he had nothing.

Yes, I figured the Channel Seven tweets indicated more was wrong than has subsequently been reported. Judging by the abuse of Cam by some GWS posters and one Sydney poster, they thought so too. The clincher for me was the selfie that McCarthy released of himself in an empty room with packed luggage poking out from behind the mirror. This did not look like the image of someone who is happy with his lot.

We know this:
McCarthy did not want to play for GWS in 2016.
His manager, he and his coach all stated he was homesick.
His manager stated that the GWS environment had changed since McCarthy extended his contract.
His manager and Fremantle both stated the contract being discussed was not massive. Only Jay Clark (once) and GG (ad nauseum) said there was a big offer.
Fremantle tried to engage GWS with a trade deal but were knocked back. They continued to try to organise a deal right up to the last moments of the trade period.
Media figures were imploring GWS to stand firm on McCarthy's position. This was portrayed as the line in the sand that GWS should not cross. We also know that GWS copped criticism last year for trading away Tom Boyd.
GWS publicly stated that McCarthy was a required player and no trade would be discussed (yes they said that last year too). There is no indication from any source that this was untrue. They also variously minimised any suggestion of homesickness but then stated that he was homesick.
His manager publicly asked GWS officials to investigate McCarthy's situation further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back