News Cam McCarthy to the Pies?

Remove this Banner Ad

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cam McCarthy has gone public stating his desire to come to the Pies next season.
With thanks from CakeWalkin@Nicks who shared the following links.

and

Can certainly kick a goal, decent lead mark or duck back, covers 50+ metres easily.

Many thanks CakeWalkin@Nicks.

Due diligence about both his health issue and headspace needs to be carried out. He certainly has some assets but we still need someone to smash into those forward packs.

Sign him up now as well as 2MP and B.Brown and lets get rid rid of all the dead wood medium forwards and the hack we have now

Far out people love clogging the list seriously.

Stop trying half asses stop gap fixes...

Already left 2 clubs halfway through seasons, mental health, never shown much...
Who mentioned needing him?
Just reporting the facts.
Pull your head in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out people love clogging the list seriously.

Stop trying half asses stop gap fixes...

Already left 2 clubs halfway through seasons, mental health, never shown much...
I remember saying this when it was reported we were looking at Jeremy Howe... 😳

I know McCarthy is a different prospect completely and comes with his own set of baggage. If the club were even to think about considering him it would have to be as a supplementary rookie selection after a full summer of being closely monitored.

I would be open to let him train with us over the summer to gauge his attitude and willingness to work on his game, and to improve. If he looks to be working hard, with a eagerness to really be part of the team and fit into the expectations of the club ethos, then give him a base contract or rookie/Supplementary spot at best.

its a great idea. ticks a lot of boxes. maintains our ability not to draft taller forwards. continues trend to get brittle people - either mental or physical - into the club. gives Cam a chance to get a game as he has no competition for a spot. probably meets cam's expectations that we will overpay him.

I cant see a loser here

its a great idea. ticks a lot of boxes. maintains our ability not to draft taller forwards. continues trend to get brittle people - either mental or physical - into the club. gives Cam a chance to get a game as he has no competition for a spot. probably meets cam's expectations that we will overpay him.

I cant see a loser here
Mark you really have to see the darker side here ROFLMFOAO.

Last edited:
Mark you really have to see the darker side her ROFLMFOAO.

i remain an optomist. I can't see a loser in moving Cam in. Judging by the $550K we are paying Mason next year, I figure Cam can ask for $700K with extras if we can source them. I think everyone would be happy with an outcome like that...

i remain an optomist. I can't see a loser in moving Cam in. Judging by the $550K we are paying Mason next year, I figure Cam can ask for $700K with extras if we can source them. I think everyone would be happy with an outcome like that...
Everyone is linked to the pies towards the end of the H&A.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back