Welcome Cam McCarthy - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't throw it all in the same basket, there's some amazing work out there. But for most people it's something you understand or you don't. I do feel sorry for people that get tattoos done when they're 18 though because it's never tasteful.

I quite like Harley's new work but I haven't seen enough of it to fully appreciate or understand it. Lots of my favourite artists are indigenous and feel the simplicity of certain styles correlates well in tattoo form. I also enjoy Harley embracing and expressing that side of his identity.

I'll echo Eshed's comment.

At training yesterday, Cam looked like he had just wandered in from a huge weekend at a music festival. Baggy shorts, scruffy mo, looked half asleep.

He looked as much like a professional athlete as Warney did in his prime - e.g. not at all.

BUT

once he put his "game face" on, everything changed.

He's fast, agile and know where to run. His hands are sticky and his kicking is right up there with the best. Both kicking for goal and in general play.

After seeing him for one training session, I'm covinced that GWS weren't being campaigners - they had just seen that he's got the potential and x factor to be a gun.

I'm bloody excited to see him officially run out in Purple later this year.

*one downside. He's not very big/bulky. He could probably do with putting on a few kg in muscle, but that should come in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At training yesterday, Cam looked like he had just wandered in from a huge weekend at a music festival. Baggy shorts, scruffy mo, looked half asleep.

He looked as much like a professional athlete as Warney did in his prime - e.g. not at all.

BUT

He's fast, agile and know where to run. His hands are sticky and his kicking is right up there with the best. Both kicking for goal and in general play.

After seeing him for one training session, I'm covinced that GWS weren't being campaigners - they had just seen that he's got the potential and x factor to be a gun.

*one downside. He's not very big/bulky. He could probably do with putting on a few kg in muscle, but that should come in time.

I've been to a few training sessions this preseason and I must say that each time I've gone to watch,Cam has really caught my eye. He seems really diligent with his training and looks like he is totally in love with footy. He looks fantastic out on the track, and his field kicking and set shots for goal are seriously pinpoint!(as good as you could ask for). He could be anything ,Cam. Stoked we ended up getting Cam for practically free and Apeness, who was in the same draft. Along with Tabs and our best in the comp crumbling forwards of Sonny,Bennell,and Ballas;not to mention our evolving backs and potent midfield, here's bloody hoping we can snatch that elusive flag in the next couple of years:rolleyes:

Plugger, Lloyd , Buddy ,Beasley , Quinlan , Coleman, Reiwoldt, ....all different builds but all kicked a truck load of goals....Get on Board.

I still think he is best suited to No#26
Oh you know I'm all aboard the Cam train. InsertFace-com-6907-original-thomas-face-rlJjVz-1.jpg

BUT

I keep an eye on this thread because I have some interest in how Cam goes this year.
One thing I will say is in his time with us he was out early every game day pre warm up, taking shots for as long as he could. Seemed to be just getting a feel for the conditions and getting his eye in.
He was a safe kick for goal under pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back