Welcome Cam McCarthy - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought you were with the positivity crew? :huh:

I'm not stuck in the year 2015 like most of this board.

McCarthy has average skills and struggles to be consistent with the basics. When I saw Corr line up against McCarthy yesterday I thought to myself "Wow McCarthy is going to slaughter this" when you compare McCarthy's strengths with Corr's weaknesses (which outweighs his strengths) - but nope, standard McCarthy made Corr look elite yesterday in a lot of their contests. It had nothing to do with supply or the structure.

Also congrats to McCarthy last week, he's able to stamp himself against GCS's defensive outfit when the entire team is up and running yet still to stand up when needed.

I think it's hurting his development more by playing him at AFL level at the moment. He is devoid of confidence and he'll know how badly he is playing and what everyone is saying.

Play him at Peel for the rest of the year as the 3rd tall behind Dixon and the ruck/fwd, take the pressure off him necause he is struggling big time. Needs a massive preseason. Lose some weight and build up a harder frame. Forgot trying to build his 1v1 game and concentrate on running and marks on the lead, something he excelled at when at GWS.

He has put considerable weight on over the last two seasons. I would love to know if this was club directed.

I think it's hurting his development more by playing him at AFL level at the moment. He is devoid of confidence and he'll know how badly he is playing and what everyone is saying.

Play him at Peel for the rest of the year as the 3rd tall behind Dixon and the ruck/fwd, take the pressure off him necause he is struggling big time. Needs a massive preseason. Lose some weight and build up a harder frame. Forgot trying to build his 1v1 game and concentrate on running and marks on the lead, something he excelled at when at GWS.

He has put considerable weight on over the last two seasons. I would love to know if this was club directed.

This.

He needs to be a mobile hard running and leading forward. Basically what Mundy is currently doing.

No way he’ll ever be a 1v1 competitor.

Plus there’s putting on muscle and putting on fat. He’s put on fat.

Lastly, feel free to watch his 35 goals at GWS. At least 20 of them are goal square ‘joe the goose’ goals. I made that comment when we drafted him as I went over his goals to see how they came.

He was essentially playing the last man in the chain role. What I don’t know is if he worked his backside off to get into that position or whether he ‘cheated’ his way to those goals. Perhaps a combo.

I did the same with Matera. Many of his goals were actually crumbing front and square. Something I don’t think we’ve seen much this year.

Agreed.

I don't believe we have managed Cam terribly well since he got to the club.

Think some of it rests with Cam himself, but if he was not meeting club standards he wouldn't be playing seniors.

I hope we can still turn him around and get him back to playing his best.

In a forward line with Tabs, Cox and him playing third tall, fit and in form, I think we would see a completely different McCarthy to the shadow of a player we have before us.

Thank god we didn't give away those firsts for him. I can't really see an area he's actually good in right now. Can't play the lead-up role and is terrible 1 v 1.

In saying that the only two players that have developed in our forward line have been both big contested markers so maybe you've got to blame the system a bit.

If he needs it, we could rest him for the rest of the season and start him on a preseason to build his body to what it should be. I agree with those who say a mobile, hard running forward. If we are trying to make him a power forward then lets stop right now. Enhance what he is, don't try and make him what he isn't.

If he needs it, we could rest him for the rest of the season and start him on a preseason to build his body to what it should be. I agree with those who say a mobile, hard running forward. If we are trying to make him a power forward then lets stop right now. Enhance what he is, don't try and make him what he isn't.
He already had a season to get himself right before he got here.
Peel don't want him. Our season is over so may as well keep him in it would actually be a benefit.
He finally got his chance to play higher up the ground where it should be easier to get his hands on it and hes stinking it up more.
He looks like hes just thrown in the towel its all too hard
Not very hardy but extremely Dardy.

He already had a season to get himself right before he got here.
Peel don't want him. Our season is over so may as well keep him in it would actually be a benefit.
He finally got his chance to play higher up the ground where it should be easier to get his hands on it and hes stinking it up more.
He looks like hes just thrown in the towel its all too hard
Not very hardy but extremely Dardy.

May as well keep him in it? That’s the sort of loser chat that’s possibly led to where he is now. He needs a solid kick up the backside and a sustained period of time in the WAFL and then a possibility to get selected IF he can demonstrate improvement.

He was dropped. Stunk it up in the WAFL. Then got put back in the side? He’s on a hiding to nothing.

Firstly, he needs to find drive and motivation.

Secondly, the club needs to get real with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been staunchly in his corner, but he should not be getting a new contract at this point.

Luckily we minimised the damage later in the draft we gave up picks for him with Cox, Ryan & Darcy.

I’ve been staunchly in his corner, but he should not be getting a new contract at this point.

Luckily we minimised the damage later in the draft we gave up picks for him with Cox, Ryan & Darcy.

The McCarthy deal was one of the best ever done by Fremantle. We got the young WA talent in Logue with a slight downgrade and picked up 3 impressive later round picks.

I cringe each time a stupid commentator goes ‘they gave up pick 3 for this guy’ like they did yesterday.

I hope he's injured, he really just isn't showing anything at the moment.

It's odd that someone who seemed to have so much talent just can't get near the footy.

Apparently he is one of the best field kickers in the squad.
Play him half forward, and hopefully he can deliver to Cox, Son-son etc in the forward 50

I know players are allowed to enjoy themselves in the offseason but I saw him out every weekend in Freo and over the new year he was with two other mates in Rotto and I walked past him about 8 the next morning. They were chewing their faces off and look like they hadn’t slept in three days.

I know players are allowed to enjoy themselves in the offseason but I saw him out every weekend in Freo and over the new year he was with two other mates in Rotto and I walked past him about 8 the next morning. They were chewing their faces off and look like they hadn’t slept in three days.

Snitcher...... stalker ......... AFL insider......not sure which is lower really haha

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Snitcher...... stalker ......... AFL insider......not sure which is lower really haha

Just an observation. Sure it’s probably nice for him to be home but it wasn’t really professional and it’s showing this season. Hopefully he can be a bit more professional this year but as a young guy on big money I can understand the tempations of a fun time. One of my good friend’s is pretty good friends with him and Crowls. Saying they like to party is an understatement.

A mate of mine walked past a few of the Richmond lads in Bali end of last year and reckons they were all impersonating Joe Cocker in his glory days...

Hey who knows, if it worked for them and the entire Weags team in 2006, Dardy might be able to turn things around.

Just an observation. Sure it’s probably nice for him to be home but it wasn’t really professional and it’s showing this season. Hopefully he can be a bit more professional this year but as a young guy on big money I can understand the tempations of a fun time. One of my good friend’s is pretty good friends with him and Crowls. Saying they like to party is an understatement.

I was only messing around , might have to nip that in the bud or the good times will disappear pretty quick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back