Welcome Cam McCarthy - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

He looked a completely different player. Has worked hard to develop a much better body shape over the last 6 months. He had some serious power and speed off the mark too. Loved the long accurate kicking at goal and the vision and ability to weight his kicks to team mates in a dangerous position.

Last year he looked lost and disinterested. Would have been hard to stay positive knowing you were going to be undersized each week and need to play your unnatural game.

He looked a completely different player. Has worked hard to develop a much better body shape over the last 6 months. He had some serious power and speed off the mark too. Loved the long accurate kicking at goal and the vision and ability to weight his kicks to team mates in a dangerous position.

Last year he looked lost and disinterested. Would have been hard to stay positive knowing you were going to be undersized each week and need to play your unnatural game.
Yeah watch him get ragdolled in the forward 50 last year was so depressing.

Look. I think moving from lays to cc's has made all the difference.
I wanted this guy hung last week. Watching him yesterday blew my tiny mind. It was a thing of grace & beauty. Dardy is dead. Long live Thor. King of heavan.

Even his body language was completely different yesterday, he played like a man on a mission instead of just ambling around. Hope he keeps doing what he's doing

Dropped in to say how pleased I am for McCarthy. Hopefully he has a solid year. 35+ goals working along side Lobb and Hogan would be a big pass. He's got more in him and was looking in the best condition I've seen him in.

That just leaves 30 goals from the remaining 21 matches ;)

What a beautiful game from him. I've haven't been more impressed with a Freo tall since Pav. I hope this stays consistent but who knows

as much as i think Cam has alot of potential he is a real confidence player. I don't doubt he is the type who will take 5-6 every so often but i doubt we'll see him kicking 2-3 every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that you note the mateship. It’s so easy to hear the negatives thrown out by the media that certain players are causing rifts in the club. Yesterday I saw a bunch of guys completely opposite to that. Yes, winning does that but the body language was excellent

the boys really got around him on the weekend, i think Dardy is a popular bloke around the club.

Sonny was our leading goals kicker last year- with 22.

Cam's 25% there in 1 game.

That's what was depressing with last year, I don't expect to see such high scores each week but no one would change the style we played on Sunday would they??

as much as i think Cam has alot of potential he is a real confidence player. I don't doubt he is the type who will take 5-6 every so often but i doubt we'll see him kicking 2-3 every week.
I think the opposite hes got very sound fundamentals, i think now his body and mind is right hell be consistent in front of goal. 2-3 per game he wins the colemen so thats a stupid expectation anyway. 1-2 a game is enough with the odd bag.

If he keeps kicking straight then 2-3 a game is realistic. Look at Ben Brown - got roundly embarassed by Pearce but still kicked 2, all because he can kick straight (and take a dive).

Pretty much all forwards generally get at least a couple of opportunities a game.

He did a lot of repeat leads on the weekend. Great that he ran the third most distance but I would’ve also loved to have seen his average speed/repeat sprint numbers. Never dropped his head when the ball went over his head and was very team orientated.

Just took a look at his heat map from the weekend... perfect. Right on the 50 (where he took his marks and kicked his long goals) and very occasionally up on the wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back