Cam O'Shea Anyone?

Remove this Banner Ad

I never said tall marking forwards were completely out of vogue but there is obviously less and less stay as home forwards. And nearly every side wins the GF with a key marking forward because nearly every side has a key marking forward but not many have 2 these days. I wouldn't call Franklin a key marking forward. Even Boyd, who was great on GF day played in the ruck for probably half the game.

Yes, but my point is just because there may be fewer stay at home forwards now, it doesn't mean to say that the game won't go back to it. It's all fluid, and as I said before, the game style is developed around the players...some teams will have them, hence the need for a Brown, and some teams will have mobile forwards, hence the need for Carlisle. Why not cover all bases?

But how did the WB win a flag with bugger all talls and how did the Swans get there with not a great deal of talls. Id rather ball winning runners. And id rather Gilbert over O'Shea if we do need a tall down back.

Is this the sames WB that has signed on Cloke and who also has Crameri eligible to play again in 2017?

You know the team that probably would have been playing Redpath in the finals in 2016 if he had not been injured.

I am pretty sure that Bevo wants height in his forward line.

In 2010

#75 (St Kilda) - Cameron O’Shea (VIC)
Height: 192cm, Weight: 88kg, DOB: 13/03/1992
Recruited from: Eastern Ranges
Style: Brendon Goddard/ Grant Birchall
Range: 34-late
Why: Good size and ready to go sooner rather than later. Strong overhead. Very clean. Rarely fumbles. Likes to run. Has a reasonable burst of speed. Not a bad decision maker and seems to feel like he has more time than most. Kicking is very good and has nice penetration. Has had a few injuries but there is allot to like.

Could Knightmare have been right all along :O

Now could those who watch Port tell me what is wrong with him?

Mitch Brown has also been delisted, chance to grab couple of Defenders we were once heavily interested in.

Reminds me a bit of having a crush on a girl in school, then meeting her again years later and wondering what the appeal was then.

Still, I will support anybody who comes to our team as long as they work hard and don't do anything stupid

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I think few forumites are missing the big picture here in that O'Shea played his best football while developing under Richo in 2013 and quite a few Port Fans saw him becoming elite - unfortunately for Port after Richo left he seems to have stagnated - how big an influence did Richo have on his development??

Also its mentioned on the Port board that O'Shea may have been lowballed on a contract by Port and made the decision to walk rather than being showed the door because he is no good - he is Victorian so maybe he wanted out rather than being surplus to Ports requirements - Port look fairly thin down back as it is

Also on the Port board they say he is versatile enough to play on both bigs and smalls and has a super motor .... though he is prone to the odd turnover

Either way if Richo could get the best out of him (back playing to his 2013 form) - we could have a very handy player - at worst a very reasonable back up defender

In 2010

#75 (St Kilda) - Cameron O’Shea (VIC)
Height: 192cm, Weight: 88kg, DOB: 13/03/1992
Recruited from: Eastern Ranges
Style: Brendon Goddard/ Grant Birchall
Range: 34-late
Why: Good size and ready to go sooner rather than later. Strong overhead. Fairly clean. Rarely fumbles when not under pressure. Likes to run. Has a reasonable burst of speed. Not a bad decision maker comes back to that pressure thing and seems to feel like he has more time than most. Kicking is very good and has nice penetration. Has had a few injuries but there is allot to like.

Could Knightmare have been right all along :O

Now could those who watch Port tell me what is wrong with him?
Seems like one of those players that does well when he has one job and does it well, but when he needs to make a decision (not with the ball but more defensively ) he struggles. He played an absolute great game on Darling earlier in the year. Wouldn't pick him up if it was to play any other position than 3rd KPD/running back flank

Seems like one of those players that does well when he has one job and does it well, but when he needs to make a decision (not with the ball but more defensively ) he struggles. He played an absolute great game on Darling earlier in the year. Wouldn't pick him up if it was to play any other position than 3rd KPD/running back flank
What sort of roles was he given?

If we can rookie list I'd say he is worth a punt, especially seen as Richo seems to rate him highly.
Worst case is afl ready backup for Demps or gilbert who are both nearing retirement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Brown has also been delisted, chance to grab couple of Defenders we were once heavily interested in.

Reminds me a bit of having a crush on a girl in school, then meeting her again years later and wondering what the appeal was then.

Still, I will support anybody who comes to our team as long as they work hard and don't do anything stupid

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Mitch can play if Nathan goes down, we won't tell anyone.

Very dangerous precedent to go with the approach of copying the dogs. Their finals series was undoubtedly amazing and their flag very deserved but their body of work over the season was not the benchmark of the comp.
Quality post. not sure why the obsession about using one team as the benchmark.

GWS don't exactly have a small forward line.

Cam has one of the best 3km trial times of anyone at the draft Combine. If he can do a run-with role of some of the more athletic medium forwards and also be damaging the other way ( he is a good kick i think ) , that would be something good to have.
If Richo wants, I want.

I know it's obvious, but...delisted by a side outside the 8. Considering our direction I'd be very surprised if OShea can contribute.

Happy to back the recruiters in with this one. Is a low risk situation, only giving up a list spot and probably pick 61.

I understand the interest in him, as he is that third tall that offers a bit of pace and running ability.

We're becoming a picky bunch on here!
If Richo rates O'Shea and we land him happy days. Outside of Roberton and Gilbert (I don't count Dempster as he will surely retire at end of season) we don't really have anyone who can genuinely play on a third tall/medium forward. White McKenzie rice Webster are all running mid sized backs/wingmen.
Nothing wrong with accumulating some depth, O'Shea is in an age bracket we lack.

I think you mean Fisher.

Put Fisher in the outs, and then White in the ins, because I think Gilbo and a few others like Minch are next on the list.

Someone said in the trade draft thread that people were unhappy with this years delistings but that next years will be a lot harder to swallow and they're right:

Freeman?
Gilbo?
Sinclair or Minch?
Pierce or Holmes?

From the list of potentials I've put above any combination of 2 usually ends up with Gilbo facing the axe by my thoughts, even with retirements of Roo/Joey/Dempster taken into consideration

Remove this Banner Ad

Back