Rumour Cam O'Shea to St Kilda..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Shea can play back flank/wing etc
Most likely Moore would be pushed out of the side. (Which could hurt our midfield rotations unless Broady is given more time there)

No he can't. He doesn't push forward and kick goals like Pittard and Broadbent do, so what makes you think he can? Look, I love O'Shea as a player, but he wasn't even in the team at the start of the year - he only came in when we were decimated by injuries and did enough to hold his spot as Trengove came back into full fitness. And with Clurey playing the same role...if we're losing him for Ryder/Gorringe, that's an upgrade as far as I'm concerned.

I'd prefer he stays though. If he wants to be traded, wait until he gains even more currency after winning a premiership.

.............. And with Clurey playing the same role...if we're losing him for Ryder/Gorringe, that's an upgrade as far as I'm concerned.

I'd prefer he stays though. If he wants to be traded, wait until he gains even more currency after winning a premiership.

Clurey wouldn't have a hope in hell of playing the role O'Shea does. O'Shea runs hard and fast all game long, Clurey hasn't that same movement, he's much slower.

Losing O'Shea would hurt our defense in my opinion. The amount of ground he covers is incredible, and unlike some others he's always doing it at a high pace. The very reason he gets to so many contests, especially peeling off and helping another is his willingness to push hard at pace.

He does have a couple of areas that need addressing - his tackling for instance but still, I'd really hate to see him go.

And there should be no way a player like O'Shea is even mentioned in a trade for Gorringe. Gorringe isn't worth much at all.

Unless he's homesick which i doubt considering he extended his contract this year why the **** would he want to go to St. Kilda? He's been through the hard times here jeez asking for more.
I know he may have been tapped on the shoulder but i would think tough sell to a contracted player.
I personally think O'Shea is a good player but can be replaced.Impey will be better second year round.He started off well but faded.He can step into the place. We need those big forwards /ruckmen at any cost sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back