Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
We need danster to resist even elite form from Rayner, or the thread dies. Without danster denying the plainly obvious, there is no thread. Danster is the thread. 😍

Post #111 on this thread, the number thought to be potentially unlucky because it relates to the great British naval officer Horatio Nelson, whose accumulated losses in his life amounted to one eye, one arm and one testicle, will come back to dog danster168 . It is something of a relief danster didn’t bet one of his nuts on Cam Rayner being worth less than Cryin Miers, but danster certainly has the one eyed part covered. 😁
So Spargo has 22 touches and a goal and a better game than Rayner. It gets a brief mention because good performances are expected. Rayner has a serviceable game and Brisbane fans talking about it like it overrides his previous 70 games lol.

It's good to know that Bedford is elite tho using this definition. This is exactly what dees fans would do with jack watts. Any time he'd get 15 touches and a few marks people would say that he's made it lol.

Rayner is the definition of fringe. But like I said, if he plays like this for a season or 2, I'll bump him up the draft order. No way he touches the top 10 of this draft year though. Not even remotely close.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
So Spargo has 22 touches and a goal and a better game than Rayner. It gets a brief mention because good performances are expected. Rayner has a serviceable game and Brisbane fans talking about it like it overrides his previous 70 games lol.

It's good to know that Bedford is elite tho using this definition. This is exactly what dees fans would do with jack watts. Any time he'd get 15 touches and a few marks people would say that he's made it lol.

Rayner is the definition of fringe. But like I said, if he plays like this for a season or 2, I'll bump him up the draft order. No way he touches the top 10 of this draft year though. Not even remotely close.

Elite excavation from you dan. To watch you digging a hole like this for yourself one out and man alone is going to keep us coming back to this thread forever. 😍

dmac_55

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
I think based off this thread Rayner needs to kick 3 goals a game (pass mark apparently). Basically become a 65 goal a year coleman medal contender for 2 years to crack the top 15 and also spend less time in midfield and less TOG whilst achieving it.

Rayner played mostly as a mid last week and had big impact and was a poster + s**t kick away from a 3 goal 20+ touch game.

This week he starts as a mid then in the second has to play as a KPF in Joe's shoes and has 5 shots at goal (3.2), several strong marks and 11 touches playing deep.

Nobody is pretending he's further ahead than he's at, but the past two games have shown he's growing in confidence and as a player. If he continues to build consistency in his game then he'll only keep getting better from here.

StevoJenkins

The Weekend Worker
Sep 4, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
AFL
just good form will be suffice. man, he plays 1 serviceable game in 70 games and you make it out like I'm the unreasonable one. Or is Toby Bedford elite now too for his game on the weekend?
I must ask, because you continually mention this, have you actually watched all 70 games prior to be able to claim this?

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
If he gets a Brownlow and a NS he MAY get bumped up to pick 29
Lets have a brief look. Guys that Rayner doesn't belong in the same sentence as from the 2017 draft:

Dylan Moore
Andrew Brayshaw
Cerra
Fritsch
Naughton
Zac Bailey
Higgins
Tim Kelly
Oscar Allen
Balta
Liam Ryan
Sam Taylor
Petty
Liam Baker
Starcevich
Davies-Uniacke
Mihocek

That's 17 players automatically better than Rayner. Putting him at 18 AT BEST assuming Rayner puts in a good full season of footy.

Players Rayner is in the mix with:
Switkowski
Xerri
Hunter Clark
Ed Richards
Wil Powell
Brent Daniels
Ainsworth
Tom De Koning
Worpel
Naish
Spargo
Miers

I put Rayner at or near the bottom of this list. Assuming Rayner has a good full season he can climb this list and reach the 18th best player in the draft. At best. Great selection! lol.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Rayner played mostly as a mid last week and had big impact and was a poster + s**t kick away from a 3 goal 20+ touch game.

This week he starts as a mid then in the second has to play as a KPF in Joe's shoes and has 5 shots at goal (3.2), several strong marks and 11 touches playing deep.

Nobody is pretending he's further ahead than he's at, but the past two games have shown he's growing in confidence and as a player. If he continues to build consistency in his game then he'll only keep getting better from here.

As the Beatles once sang he's getting better all the time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets have a brief look. Guys that Rayner doesn't belong in the same sentence as from the 2017 draft:

Dylan Moore
Andrew Brayshaw
Cerra
Fritsch
Naughton
Zac Bailey
Higgins
Tim Kelly
Oscar Allen
Balta
Liam Ryan
Sam Taylor
Petty
Liam Baker
Starcevich
Davies-Uniacke
Mihocek

That's 17 players automatically better than Rayner. Putting him at 18 AT BEST assuming Rayner puts in a good full season of footy.

Switkowski
Xerri
Hunter Clark
Ed Richards
Wil Powell
Brent Daniels
Ainsworth
Tom De Koning
Worpel
Naish
Spargo
Miers

I put Rayner at or near the bottom of this list. Assuming Rayner has a good full season he can climb this list and reach the 18th best player in the draft. At best. Great selection! lol.

Your job doesn't let you operate heavy machinery, right?

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Dylan Moore
Andrew Brayshaw
Cerra
Fritsch
Naughton
Zac Bailey
Higgins
Tim Kelly
Oscar Allen
Balta
Liam Ryan
Sam Taylor
Petty
Liam Baker
Starcevich
Davies-Uniacke
Mihocek

Switkowski
Xerri
Hunter Clark
Ed Richards
Wil Powell
Brent Daniels
Ainsworth
Tom De Koning
Worpel
Naish
Spargo
Miers

Don’t do it dan, don’t waiver. You will destroy the thread. You rated Rayner behind all of those guys. Just stick to that.

Naish 😂😂😂

Now that is seriously funny. Is that this Naish?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Don’t do it dan, don’t waiver. You will destroy the thread. You rated Rayner behind all of those guys. Just stick to that.

Naish 😂😂😂

Now that is seriously funny. Is that this Naish:

I stand by my list. Saying that Naish is bad isn't saying anything as I don't rate Rayner so a strange take by you.

Also I said that I put Rayner at the bottom of this list. Why would you say I'm waivering? Please explain why you couldn't comprehend something so simple when I literally said I put Rayner at the bottom of the list.

Don't post unless you're going to contribute. Where do you put Rayner based on the body of work that his done in the afl thus far?

I don't think your list is that far off, but it's important to note that he also didn't play last year due to an ACL and his start this year has seen his workload managed. The past two weeks he was given more time and opportunity and he's clearly had two good games in a row. Now's the time for him to continue to perform and build and IMO by 2023 we'll start to see the best Cam has to offer.

dmac_55

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
evidence? hahahahahah. 1 game where he wasn't named in the best. yeah, ok. LOLLL
Considering you have watched every game of Rayner's career and know who the 'best' players named were, can you tell me how many times these players have been named in the best over their careers?

Switkowski
Xerri
Hunter Clark
Ed Richards
Wil Powell
Brent Daniels
Ainsworth
Tom De Koning
Worpel
Naish
Spargo
Miers

I haven't looked at 'best players named' since I was playing junior footy and scanning the local paper. The list's are usually basic garbage from some journo looking up stats without watching the game

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
evidence? hahahahahah. 1 game where he wasn't named in the best. yeah, ok. LOLLL
How fickle can you be? Does it mean Spargo was an AA candidate after he had 22 touches and a goal? Does Toby Bedford become a gun forward pocket after kicking 2 and some electrifying play? Wow, I'd love to be a supporter like you riding the bumps of a weekly competition and hopping on and off players on a weekly basis. Whose next? maybe Maurice Rioli is better than Cyril now. lol

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Considering you have watched every game of Rayner's career and know who the 'best' players named were, can you tell me how many times these players have been named in the best over their careers?

Switkowski
Xerri
Hunter Clark
Ed Richards
Wil Powell
Brent Daniels
Ainsworth
Tom De Koning
Worpel
Naish
Spargo
Miers

I haven't looked at 'best players named' since I was playing junior footy and scanning the local paper. The list's are usually basic garbage from some journo looking up stats without watching the game
Why did you list just those players? Why not the full list of 29 players that I rank higher than Rayner? I can tell you that 90% of them have been named in the best a truck load more than Rayner has.

dmac_55

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Why did you list just those players? Why not the full list of 29 players that I rank higher than Rayner? I can tell you that 90% of them have been named in the best a truck load more than Rayner has.
Well the first list is probably true in that regard, but you said he is #30 so all those players have had better careers to date than him?

So is the list 29 or 17?

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well the first list is probably true in that regard, but you said he is #30 so all those players have had better careers to date than him?

So is the list 29 or 17?
I'm no-one if I'm not flexible. Right now he is #30. But I cap his potential at 18 due to the 17 players that are significantly ahead of him from that draft (there's no shame in that). If he produces for a full season or 2 then he can move up from 30 to a maximum of 18.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back