Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, step right up, last chance for anyone to get their yearly predictions on his season averages for Rayner.

Anyone brave enough to follow me in doing so?

My prediction is:

"big things" for a player you valued as being worth pick 30. :)

Gutted for you Danster to see your pick 4 Fritsch with another 1 contested possession + no score involvements outside his own Joseph the Goose scores last night, and your pick 19 Spudgo with another high impact 3 score involvement + 2 contested possession game.

Last edited:
Ok, step right up, last chance for anyone to get their yearly predictions on his season averages for Rayner.

Danny, with the Demons season implosion imminent, I expect you to dedicate much more time to this thread this season.

Danny, with the Demons season implosion imminent, I expect you to dedicate much more time to this thread this season.

Rumour has it Cam Rayner will wear a black armband in memory of the Melbourne Demons implosion.

Season Averages? we've been discussing Brownlow and Norm Smith few pages back, keep up !

I predict your obsession with him will average somewhere on the spectrum between "pathologically frightening" and "irrationally lashing out in a confused manner in response to the funny tingly feeling you get in your loins whenever you see him."

Well, if he continues his Grand Final form, he'll be very average.

Dude, you beat us in an all-time classic GF... but I've noticed across a few posts that you seem to be taking more pleasure in our defeat than in your win.

It's weird because I've otherwise noticed a generally high level of mutual respect between Lions/Pies fans after that grand final that only really comes after a brilliant contest.

I'm not sure I have even vented once here about Collingwood after the grand final. I sat silently in row 2 at the MCG for about 5 minutes after the siren then went back to the hotel and had a shower, and basically knew we'd had a crack but was beaten by the better team who seized the moments when it counted.

Dude, you beat us in an all-time classic GF... but I've noticed across a few posts that you seem to be taking more pleasure in our defeat than in your win.

It's weird because I've otherwise noticed a generally high level of mutual respect between Lions/Pies fans after that grand final that only really comes after a brilliant contest.

I'm not sure I have even vented once here about Collingwood after the grand final. I sat silently in row 2 at the MCG for about 5 minutes after the siren then went back to the hotel and had a shower, and basically knew we'd had a crack but was beaten by the better team who seized the moments when it counted.
I dont recall having many back & forth conversations with Brisbane supporters about the game, or mocked them about the result. As you said, it was a classic and it takes two to tango.

However, neutral supporters who have ridiculously tried to question the validity of our victory are fair game - I have not held back on them. Supporters of certain clubs have had it coming for a long time.

As for my comment about Rayner, yeah, it was probably uncalled for, but if Nick Daicos or De Goey had put in a performance like that, they would have been absolutely torched on here. Daicos was anyway, and he played well.

My prediction is:

"big things" for a player you valued as being worth pick 30. :)

Gutted for you Danster to see your pick 4 Fritsch with another 1 contested possession + no score involvements outside his own Joseph the Goose scores last night, and your pick 19 Spudgo with another high impact 3 score involvement + 2 contested possession game.
duly noted, that you didn't lock in season averages. clearly no confidence in Rayner. :)

The fritsch argument is over after he made the AA squad and you embarrassed yourself. Happy for you to focus on another player :)

I predict your obsession with him will average somewhere on the spectrum between "pathologically frightening" and "irrationally lashing out in a confused manner in response to the funny tingly feeling you get in your loins whenever you see him."
I don't see any season average predictions in this reply. says alot. why don't you back your man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

15 touches, 7 contested, 6 tackles, 5 clearances(2 cc,) 5 score involvements, 1 goal.

He did more than your prediction, so why are you commenting?
Wait, that was a good game for you? lol. talk about lowering your expectations :)

my prediction was a season average. Knowing that he'll have 5 or 6 games with under 10 touches, I'm well on track.

Are you really not going to mention the over the top goal square goal (that he almost squandered I might add).

His career is officially cooked. He's not going to amount to anything special.

Wait, that was a good game for you? lol. talk about lowering your expectations :)

my prediction was a season average. Knowing that he'll have 5 or 6 games with under 10 touches, I'm well on track.

Are you really not going to mention the over the top goal square goal (that he almost squandered I might add).

His career is officially cooked. He's not going to amount to anything special.

Mate we are going to have to put up with you giving it large if he ever does less than your predicted averages, so stfu when he does more. We now own all that space.

After rd 1: Dan 0 v Rest of the World 1 :)

1 round down. Another nothing performance. Close to my pre-season prediction of 13 possessions and a goal.

We’re just warming into the season. You don’t show your cards in March, Danny!

He's no Charlie Spargo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back