Coach Cam Sutcliffe - Development Coach

NEGAN

Premium Gold
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I actually like what he brings to the team...

I know his stats don't say much but I don't know he has to do more, but instead wanting him dropped 2 weeks ago I want to persist while being droppable.

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
6 disposals isn’t exactly a great game. Balanced out by 2 goals and 4 tackles but still that’s nothing to write home about. If he can find a way to get his hands on the ball more he could be a real weapon.

Shane_Mag

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adel United, Man United, LA Lakers
Doing enough the last 2 weeks but I don’t see him a long term player especially with some of the talent we have out or in the sanfl

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can see why the coaches like him. While in the long term I think ideally we'd be developing Atley or Drew in the seniors, Sutcliffe does offer a certain versatility that neither of them can. Good on him, clearly done well through the Magpies and maybe can carve out a valuable niche in the firsts :).

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I find it hard to see a spot for him on the list next year, but has done a very very good job in the SANFL captaincy role which he does deserve more than the derision he often receives here. Another very good game on the weekend and god it would be good to see some success back at the club with him leading the side to the flag in a fortnight🤞

I find it hard to see a spot for him on the list next year, but has done a very very good job in the SANFL captaincy role which he does deserve more than the derision he often receives here. Another very good game on the weekend and god it would be good to see some success back at the club with him leading the side to the flag in a fortnight🤞
Would be great seeing Cam Sutcliffe lifting up the cup with the Prison Bars on the front and the No.1 on his back.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons

Players will leave. I am not sure we will need to delist too many players to make room for the new guys.

Even if Sutcliffe stays on our AFL list, there would be an open spot for us to bring a new leadership player for the Maggies next season. If we are able to find a skilled glory-hunting mentor for the kids, I wouldn't mind keeping Sutcliffe for another year.

The Maggies leadership group would be Cam, Trengove, and the new captain. It could be really good. If we are the flag holders, even better!

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Farwell, Cam.

My fondest memory of him will always be after the Essendon game at Marvel in 2019 when he was speaking at the post-match, and The Alberton Crowd (as much as I despise them) were chanting "Sutcliffe's on fire, your defence is terrified" and Sutcliffe was absolutely loving it.

I don't reckon he would have ever experienced anything like that in his time with Freo.

Back