Politics Cambridge Analytica: Data, spies, sex workers, blackmail

Remove this Banner Ad

Podesta and Mook. b4 Meuller or Mueller or Muller, frauds lot of them

It's both pathetic & enlightening how Bush's 2 old boys in Mueller & Bolton have been ushered in to Trumps admin, so as to maintain the Zio-con line of control.

So much for a break in succession of the Bush cartel.....Same old, same old.

Given how the interviews with Zuckerberg show Facebook cared very little about protecting our data, I may be proven wrong on this, but all these occasions (and other anecdotal ones mentioned online) can be explained in other ways. The main one would be inter-connectivity. If your partner looks up trips to Japan and then brings it up with you, it isn't surprising if a different device prompts you on Japan. Google knows which devices you use, and who they may be shared by. Maybe you didn't specifically Google it, but perhaps someone had seen an article on Japan, or looked at a friend's FB pics of Japan; something else that would've prompted the ads. With the friend request, Chief, could you have friended a mutual friend by moving into a new area, or did you subsequently discover you had mutual friends or workplace or something? I guess they could prompt people by location, but I haven't noticed that, and I also get ads based on where I say I live, rather than where I am at that given moment. Exceptions to that rule are caused if I try to connect to a local wi-fi in whichever area I am in (e.g. a local pub, and subsequently I've been fed ads from that pub). Never noticed it for friend suggestions, though. Of course we may have different privacy settings, and I don't use the FB app.

Your bank knows everything you buy via their card and can work out where you are through that. Maybe with near-field tech can grab even more info, but generally those sorts of reaches into our privacy are reported by tech sites. Some people go to the trouble of reading T&C (e.g. when Samsung TVs wanted to listen in on lounge rooms, that got wide-spread publicity), others might discover a bit of coding and so we get publicity from that. It's very easy for a phone (and therefore cookies) to work out where you are via location services. Your phone should let you control what information that is shared with.

Basically, I think you should be wary of claims of what tech companies do. A nation's spy services can use tech geniuses to try and access your info in clever ways (although as we saw with the Snowden leak, they weren't that clever and basically just wanted access to everything and they would sort it later on). Apps trying to do the same thing will likely get caught out when someone investigates the app coding - especially the data it is requesting/sending. Facebook's investigation into apps is going to look for exactly that.

CA claimed to be able to work out people's politics from a few small likes. That sounded like BS. The info we've now heard suggests it was BS, so the sophistication of their tech wasn't so amazing. Instead, that was their cover story for the fact they'd grabbed heaps of people's raw data. Once they saw everything they could then make unsophisticated links. e.g. Here are 300 people who appear to be white and use the N word. Let's fire ads and group invites at them so we can bring them together and build a group of people to help push our propaganda. For people posting about BLM they could push their 'Blacktavist' crap. Planting seeds of doubt was their biggest technique - 'have you read Wikileaks?' must've been a very common line.

The key thing, I guess, was finding people who spend a lot of time on Facebook and who aren't sophisticated in their media consumption. Push them into groups and get them to push propaganda. Mix them in with bots, and suddenly it all looks more organic. They'll even turn up to physical protests. Sensational media plays better to them and looks more like 'real news' when they share it.
https://www.thenation.com/article/mueller-indictments-still-dont-add-collusion/
credulity much ratts? just as well you were not fighting the north african theatre cos we would have had our arse handed to us like the french and dresden. hows that meds?

#meds
#dresden
#torched
medusala

https://www.thenation.com/article/mueller-indictments-still-dont-add-collusion/
credulity much ratts? just as well you were not fighting the north african theatre cos we would have had our arse handed to us like the french and dresden. hows that meds?

#meds
#dresden
#torched
medusala

Mueller was instructed to investigate three things:

1. The Russian government's efforts to interfere in the election
2. Any links or co-ordination between Russia and Trump campaign-linked individual
3. Any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation

So far we know for certain that:

1. Russia was actively meddling in the election and that they did so to favour Trump.
2. That Trump's camp at the very least were involved in a meeting in which they hoped to collude with the Russians in order to attack Hillary.
3. That there was a bunch of other illegal activities going on around the Trump campaign, involving figures who were senior in the campaign and close to Trump, leading to indictments.
4. That the investigators have been repeatedly lied to by Trump campaign members, leading to indictments.

We also know that investigations of these types take a long time. Actually, if you compare this investigation to previous special investigations, this is just getting started: https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...pared-to-past-special-counsel-investigations/

So, while there is no clear evidence of active collusion at this point, it is clear that a proper investigation of what happened in the campaign is necessary and justifiable. I'd expect it to continue to run its course for a little while yet and I wouldn't be surprised if, as increasingly senior members of the campaign are indicted and bargain with their co-operation, that we see more criminal activity exposed.

So... what is your point?

So far we know for certain that:

1. Russia was actively meddling in the election and that they did so to favour Trump.
2. That Trump's camp at the very least were involved in a meeting in which they hoped to collude with the Russians in order to attack Hillary.
3. That there was a bunch of other illegal activities going on around the Trump campaign, involving figures who were senior in the campaign and close to Trump, leading to indictments.
4. That the investigators have been repeatedly lied to by Trump campaign members, leading to indictments.

We also know that investigations of these types take a long time. Actually, if you compare this investigation to previous special investigations, this is just getting started: https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...pared-to-past-special-counsel-investigations/

So, while there is no clear evidence of active collusion at this point, it is clear that a proper investigation of what happened in the campaign is necessary and justifiable. I'd expect it to continue to run its course for a little while yet and I wouldn't be surprised if, as increasingly senior members of the campaign are indicted and bargain with their co-operation, that we see more criminal activity exposed.

So... what is your point?

1. NO.....and zero proof has been forthcoming even some 18 months later.

Your definition of certainty leads one to believe you are merely towing a premeditated parochial position here & have fallen into the MSM trap of playing each side off against one another over every leaked story that flows......It's been a nice little earner for them.
Manafort & his mate go back to McCain's presidential running.....It is his Russian involvements that Mueller is protecting here, through his illegal Russian/Ukrainian multi-millionaire contacts & dealings.

2. Mueller was directly involved in the Uranium one deal as the go between mule....He was also there to protect Cheney in the Bush administration....He has zero street cred as a clean-skin.

3. There's a whole bunch of illegal activities in every Washington admin from the past century......Take your pick & throw a dart.

Your post is a grab-bag of nothing.

1. NO.....and zero proof has been forthcoming even some 18 months later.

Your definition of certainty leads one to believe you are merely towing a premeditated parochial position here & have fallen into the MSM trap of playing each side off against one another over every leaked story that flows......It's been a nice little earner for them.
Manafort & his mate go back to McCain's presidential running.....It is his Russian involvements that Mueller is protecting here, through his illegal Russian/Ukrainian multi-millionaire contacts & dealings.

2. Mueller was directly involved in the Uranium one deal as the go between mule....He was also there to protect Cheney in the Bush administration....He has zero street cred as a clean-skin.

3. There's a whole bunch of illegal activities in every Washington admin from the past century......Take your pick & throw a dart.

Your post is a grab-bag of nothing.
RobbieK
200k USD Facebook ads flipped an election lolza get ferked m8, one of Ratts' mindless homies

RobbieK
200k USD Facebook ads flipped an election lolza get ferked m8, one of Ratts' mindless homies
Ferk. The more you post, the less you know.

How does that work?

Oh. I know how it works: People fall into echo chambers and are given misinformation. I saw it most obviously with the Trussian crap building towards the 2016 election that aimed conspiracy theories at right and left and continues to this day.

Meanwhile in the UK - Brexit and Russian links seem to be kicking off, ay? People involved are both lying and bragging about lying over there, allegedly:
Over the weekend, according to Oakeshott, some of the files were provided digitally, while others came in paper format. The journalist claims that at the time she was not looking for Russian material and the emails were left to gather “dust in my attic”, only appreciating their significance when she revisited the material at the end of 2017...
This changed last week when she called Observer journalist Carole Cadwalladr, who in conjunction with the freelance reporter Peter Jukes, had obtained some of the material and intended to publish it. At one point Oakeshott appeared willing to cooperate with the Observer but by Saturday evening it was clear that the material had been counter-briefed to the Sunday Times, which splashed on the story accompanied by a piece from the pro-Brexit journalist. Oakeshott has since stated that the emails were obtained via an individual who hacked her online storage account,
Banks said his relationship with the journalist Isabel Oakeshott, who ghostwrote his Bad Boys of Brexit diary, was a “bit frosty at the moment” after personal emails he provided for research reasons were leaked to the Observer, showing he met with the Russian ambassador three times.

“I spoke to Isabel Oakeshott and said, ‘the only place all of this could come from is you’. To which she said her emails have been hacked. Now it all lies in complete mystery. I’m not sure it warranted four pages in the Sunday Times.”
Sorry it's not a clearer summary. I haven't been following it closely, but got tagged in the thread above.

Last edited:
RobbieK

Most of which were actually posted after the election & those that weren't had either zero or next to zero views anyways.
Ferk. The more you post, the less you know.

How does that work?

Oh. I know how it works: People fall into echo chambers and are given misinformation. I saw it most obviously with the Trussian crap building towards the 2016 election that aimed conspiracy theories at right and left and continues to this day.

Meanwhile in the UK - Brexit and Russian links seem to be kicking off, ay? People involved are both lying and bragging about lying over there, allegedly:

Sorry it's not a clearer summary. I haven't been following it closely, but got tagged in the thread above.

Both the Skripal case in Britain & the so-called Russian election interference in the U.S, have about as much credibility & substance as a fart in the wind.

Most of which were actually posted after the election & those that weren't had either zero or next to zero views anyways.

Both the Skripal case in Britain & the so-called Russian election interference in the U.S, have about as much credibility & substance as a fart in the wind.
Thanks for your input, Russia. But it's worthless. A fart in the wind is actually far more potent that your propaganda.

Thanks for your input, Russia. But it's worthless. A fart in the wind is actually far more potent that your propaganda.

My propaganda?

Last I checked both the Skripal & U.S election farces were propaganda of the western MSM's making.....Logic is not your strong suite my black & white stereotyped friend.

Challenging that propaganda does not render those dissenters 'Russian propagandists'....You speak much about the hollowness & gullibility of Trump supporters & yet here you are, buying into the MSM narrative nexus of only 2 possible opposing perspectives being the only viable alternatives.....The Hegelian dialectic by any other name.

To question a narrative does not necessitate a support of it's dialectical opposite premise....It is to question that premise based upon it's own merits alone, without any reference to an opposing viewpoint, as a means by which to either prove or disprove said claims based upon the evidence alone.....Elsewise, you are stuck in a world of ideology alone, whereby 'facts' are merely things to be fitted to accommodate one's own narrative.

My propaganda?

Last I checked both the Skripal & U.S election farces were propaganda of the western MSM's making.....Logic is not your strong suite my black & white stereotyped friend.

Challenging that propaganda does not render those dissenters 'Russian propagandists'....You speak much about the hollowness & gullibility of Trump supporters & yet here you are, buying into the MSM narrative nexus of only 2 possible opposing perspectives being the only viable alternatives.....The Hegelian dialectic by any other name.

To question a narrative does not necessitate a support of it's dialectical opposite premise....It is to question that premise based upon it's own merits alone, without any reference to an opposing viewpoint, as a means by which to either prove or disprove said claims based upon the evidence alone.....Elsewise, you are stuck in a world of ideology alone, whereby 'facts' are merely things to be fitted to accommodate one's own narrative.
Yes, your propaganda. In fact it's your confused narrative, as seen on Big Footy, with its only consistency being 'don't trust the MSM, trust Russia instead' that is a big part of the reason why the Russian explanation is so believable.

Previously, before the 2016 campaign, I thought the Koch Brothers had developed their Tea Party propaganda into more extreme ways to try and embrace the 4chan gamergate crap. The Russian explanation makes far more sense, due to transparently obvious pro-Russian propaganda from people like yourself, as well as all the various pieces of evidence that started coming out during the campaign and increased with the various investigations post-election.

As for trying to claim you are the only one 'challenging' or 'questioning' narratives, it has also been extremely obvious that provoking conspiracy theory thinking has been the Russian's made tactic.

'Questioning the narrative' is what I do when I query if Cambridge Analytica are deliberately pretending to be linked with heavyweights in order to make themselves look like king-makers. What you do is just write a different narrative.

After all, if you were about 'questioning the narrative' you would be able to question Putin for disappearing political opponents & journalists, media and democracy in his country (and encouraging similar in other countries). Can you do that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, your propaganda. In fact it's your confused narrative, as seen on Big Footy, with its only consistency being 'don't trust the MSM, trust Russia instead' that is a big part of the reason why the Russian explanation is so believable.

Previously, before the 2016 campaign, I thought the Koch Brothers had developed their Tea Party propaganda into more extreme ways to try and embrace the 4chan gamergate crap. The Russian explanation makes far more sense, due to transparently obvious pro-Russian propaganda from people like yourself, as well as all the various pieces of evidence that started coming out during the campaign and increased with the various investigations post-election.

As for trying to claim you are the only one 'challenging' or 'questioning' narratives, it has also been extremely obvious that provoking conspiracy theory thinking has been the Russian's made tactic.

'Questioning the narrative' is what I do when I query if Cambridge Analytica are deliberately pretending to be linked with heavyweights in order to make themselves look like king-makers. What you do is just write a different narrative.

After all, if you were about 'questioning the narrative' you would be able to question Putin for disappearing political opponents & journalists, media and democracy in his country (and encouraging similar in other countries). Can you do that?

I'm not pro-Russian, I'm merely anti U.S corporate fascism.....I think most people have sussed that out for themselves by now.....except you Ratts.

The Russians are merely standing in the way of their dastardly ways ATM, in Syria, the Ukraine & Iran.

Most sensible, straight-thinking people - without their vision being tarnished by hoodwinked parochial goggles - can see that clearly enough.

But if you imagine that 6 million dead Muslims & 80 million displaced refugees around the world, still makes the West 'the good guys' & Russia the 'bad guys'.....Then best of luck to you.

I'm not pro-Russian, I'm merely anti U.S corporate fascism.....I think most people have sussed that out for themselves by now.....except you Ratts.

The Russians are merely standing in the way of their dastardly ways ATM, in Syria, the Ukraine & Iran.

Most sensible, straight-thinking people - without their vision being tarnished by hoodwinked parochial goggles - can see that clearly enough.

But if you imagine that 6 million dead Muslims & 80 million displaced refugees around the world, still makes the West 'the good guys' & Russia the 'bad guys'.....Then best of luck to you.
So, no, you can't 'question the narrative' on Putin's weak explanations for disappearing political opponents, journalists, media and democracy in his country?

Less potent than a fart in the wind, as I said.

Oh FFS, if you want Brexit collusion and foreign interference see Obama and his idiotic back of the queue statement. See Soros cash pumped in. Even worse see all the EU interference and money.

Its laughable re Russian BREXIT claims.

blackcat

if you want Western Desert theatre and Ratts

#merselkebir

Oh FFS, if you want Brexit collusion and foreign interference see Obama and his idiotic back of the queue statement. See Soros cash pumped in. Even worse see all the EU interference and money.

Its laughable re Russian BREXIT claims.

blackcat

if you want Western Desert theatre and Ratts

#merselkebir
Oooh, look. Meds is trying on some alt-right lines. I thought your faux haughtiness would've made you want to appear to be above that? But to point out the obvious, I didn't say anything about collusion or foreign interference. We all know many overseas offiials commented on Brexit. As you did. As I did. As lots do on all the other exits.

So nil points for you there.

Soros is an individual advocating for what he believes in. No-one thinks there weren't many people like that in the Brexit convo. The point are the links with Russia in the upper echelons of the Brexit movement (which turned out to be a farce, with the leaders jumping ship as soon as it won), and the tremendous success Russian online propaganda has had. I'm sure P35 would be very proud to think his Russians may have had something to do with Brexit too.

I hear the Russians were behind Richmond winning the G.F, yep you heard it here first folks.

Your welcome.

Melbourne Victory too in the A-League.....Sus as that one.:p

In fact, come to think of it....what are Daniel Andrews Commo connections?o_O

Soros is an individual advocating for what he believes in. .

lol, so foreign interference is ok as long as its for the right team.

The point are the links with Russia in the upper echelons of the Brexit movement (which turned out to be a farce, with the leaders jumping ship as soon as it won),

Andrew Neil tears apart a balatron spouting such nonsense. Real conspiracy theory lunacy.

https://order-order.com/2018/06/15/...dmits-no-evidence-russians-influenced-brexit/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back