Cameron Ling doesn't rate Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't make his top 10 midfielders since 2000. Is he right?

In that time he was three time premiership captain, 3 time best and fairest, 3 time All-Australian, 2 time league MVP and 4 time AFLPA best captain.

I think I might be biased but I felt Vossy was in his prime during that time. Ling seems to feel he peaked prior to that.

Am I ******ed or is he?
I agree with Ling about Voss.
Very good player, great leader.
Seriously over rated as a player.
Would have
Ablett, Judd, S Mitchell, Black, Buckley, Fyfe, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Ricciuto, Kennedy all rated higher as players,
But opinions are opinions

On CPH1920 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its actually not that easy to do a top 10 since 2000. Whoever you put in, there are going to be some greats that miss out that will outrage someone.

Off the top of my head I think Voss makes mine, but its easy to criticise until you do it and realise you left out a few that people could call howlers.

No one besides Collingwood supporters believe this
Collingwood supporters really don’t care. Buckley was clearly BOG in that game, and that’s why he got a medal for it. Opposition supporters are still salty nearly 20 years later but only because it’s Collingwood. I’ve seen some petty garbage float around here but this ranks highly as possibly the pettiest. Imagine actually caring about this.

I think L.I.N.G = Low-Intelligence, Notoriously Ginger. It's one of those stats that CD don't make publically available.
L.I.N.G = Low Impact Near Goal, I remember the great man having a snap at goal from about a metre from
the goal line and he kicked it out on the full, it was quite a remarkable effort and every bit as iconic as the
famous Percy Jones kicking the goal post or Malcolm Blight's running into an open goal and kicking a point.

So Lingy it's tribute time, L.I.N.G = Low Impact Near Goal, that is a minute of my life I can't get back.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back