Traded Cameron McCarthy [traded to Fremantle with picks 7, 33 and 71 for pick 3]

Remove this Banner Ad

The reports on his mental issues has been scant, so lets assume he's got some stuff to deal with. Regardless of that fact, he's gone about this like an entitled brat.

If you need time away... then quit. No expectation, he's got enough coin and family in WA to get by and really work on what he needs to..... not everyone has that luxury. After 2 years he can always re-enter via the draft assuming he's had the Docs and such give him the advice that footy is a good positive thing for him.

If its not that big a deal, see out your contract in good faith and lay the foundations for a good trade to where you'd rather be. You don't always get what you want straight away and its a good life skill to be able to make the best out of the situation you find yourself in.

The child should be sent to the draft and play wherever he's told.
So much ignorance.

Since there is a decent inclination that he will be headed to the Eagles over Freo i wonder how this will affect the trade value?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol he was at subiaco half an hour after our game yesterday still soaking it all in. Don't think theres any chance he goes to West Coast.

He hangs out with Eagles players socially............. actually means a lot to some players being able to get along socially with their team mates.

Lol he was at subiaco half an hour after our game yesterday still soaking it all in. Don't think theres any chance he goes to West Coast.
281760_e0533659b300067fb8a7ea7a6e34c7a6.jpeg Cos Most of the Eagles squad were watching their opponents for finals . The doggies . By the way here is a nice pic for you with his future Eagles team mates

Since there is a decent inclination that he will be headed to the Eagles over Freo i wonder how this will affect the trade value?

What do you mean by decent inclination?

I suspect McCarthy's preference will be Freo, but GWS will say "if you need to be in WA, there are two teams", which is fair.

If McCarthy wants to go to Freo but WC are offering GWS a better deal than Freo I can see GWS holding off a trade until Freo up their offer or McCarthy decides being in WA with WC is better than another year out of the game.

Saying that, the two WA clubs generally stay out of each others way during trade week.

What would you offer for McCarthy?

What do you mean by decent inclination?

I suspect McCarthy's preference will be Freo, but GWS will say "if you need to be in WA, there are two teams", which is fair.

If McCarthy wants to go to Freo but WC are offering GWS a better deal than Freo I can see GWS holding off a trade until Freo up their offer or McCarthy decides being in WA with WC is better than another year out of the game.

Saying that, the two WA clubs generally stay out of each others way during trade week.

What would you offer for McCarthy?

The inclination i that he likes to associate socially with Eagles players...

Hard to consider a direct offer, i would imagine there would be some trade swaps involved, possibly even Eric McKenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back