Cameron Mooney

Remove this Banner Ad

catsattack

Draftee
Jul 6, 2004
Geelong, Victoria, AUSTRALIA
Other Teams
Geelong
Cameron Mooney is a good player, i know. But when he starts giving away free kicks he can sometimes be a bit costly. Do you like him as a good, tough, confident player or someone who can't keep their cool sometimes and give away free kicks for his wreckless play?

He's always going to have the odd brainfade, but his best far outweighs his worst.

The brainfades are related to his form. When he's fit and flying he rarely did stupid things, when he is struggling he gets frustrated.

Phat said:
He's always going to have the odd brainfade, but his best far outweighs his worst.

The brainfades are related to his form. When he's fit and flying he rarely did stupid things, when he is struggling he gets frustrated.

Thats insightfull Phat. Maybe thats why he should be in the V's. One to teach him that he like any other play must put the team first( shut up , and think about your own performance not the umpires) and two , his form is ordinary. Last year he was fit and ran hard, he was great and in control. He need to build fitness and form and forget the rough stuff.If we are playing him in the backline Id rather give another a go untill hes fit. Bring back Eagn or maybe Lonergan

He's not going to be fit at any stage this year.

He ruined his body by crashing and bashing in the ruck last year. It was always going to impact his 2005.

We need to persist.

Phat said:
He's not going to be fit at any stage this year.

He ruined his body by crashing and bashing in the ruck last year. It was always going to impact his 2005.

We need to persist.
sorry phat but I can't see how his crashing and bashing last year can affect the way that he goes about his business this year. it was 12 months ago. he was pretty ordinary especially in the first half on sat'y and at times I thought he looked pretty dis-interested.

it's a tough call but I'd prefer him playing that mad style that we know him for even if giving away the odd undisciplined free kick.

jmain14 said:
geez that's a tough call on h!!

He gets dragged before quarter time every week. He gets outmarked, get out of position and when he actually gets the ball he is like a dear looking into the headlights.

What does Tom Lonergan or Matthew Egan have to do to get as many chances as Henry to prove themself. I think if Lonergan was given an extended run in the side ala Henry, he would be a better long term bet. I like the idea of Mooney at CHF doing the buffetting work and trying to provide a contest and Charlie leading up the ground as he has been doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack-Packenham said:
He gets dragged before quarter time every week. He gets outmarked, get out of position and when he actually gets the ball he is like a dear looking into the headlights.
have no problem with him coming off every now and then as I don't think he can play for 120 minutes but then again, there aren't many that do play 120 minutes these days. think you are being a little harsh on him - we knew it was going to take time with him, and I think that so far the signs are good. I don't think he gets outmarked that much either - if it's a 50/50 contest I don't think many defenders outmark him.

Mooney cannot play centre half forward. H has had a pretty good start to the year, and needs to continue being played their as much as possible. Had we lost at the weekend I dare say we wouldve been calling for Mooneys head. Poor form is not an excuse for him to return to his unselfish and undisciplined ways.

Jack-Packenham said:
What does Tom Lonergan or Matthew Egan have to do to get as many chances as Henry to prove themself. I think if Lonergan was given an extended run in the side ala Henry, he would be a better long term bet. I like the idea of Mooney at CHF doing the buffetting work and trying to provide a contest and Charlie leading up the ground as he has been doing.

Lonergans problem is due to the excess talls we have in the VFL he cannot get a game at CHF there and is stuck in the backline. He has been consistently in the best though.

Jack-Packenham said:
Play him at Centre Half Forward so he can just contest. (unlike Henry)

Agreed. My sentiments exactly - as much as Henry was good a couple of weeks ago his game has fallen of dramatically we were killed on Saturday across the HF line in the first three quarters. It is the same old song from last year though we still lack that quality CHF, I know it sounds harsh but unfortunately it is fact. Couldn't hurt to try Cam at CHF at least he will have a go and contest hard - SORRY HENRY!

JUBJUB said:
Did you happen to see why Henry went off during the first qtr on saturday ?

H got a couple of head highs. Did he get any frees? :(
Give him support and time to learn the gig. All this negativity is very depressing.

Go CATS!!

Cam Mooney has always given away frees, he is a hard player.

You notice it more when he is in the backline, he costs us goals

I like him as a player, he is a hard opponent to play on, he just needs to learn where to draw the line

JUBJUB said:
Did you happen to see why Henry went off during the first qtr on saturday ?

When he gets the ball and looks up and just looks like he has no idea what he is doing, do have confidence in him then????
Has he ever hit a target with a field kick????

jacmitgee said:
It is the same old song from last year though we still lack that quality CHF, I know it sounds harsh but unfortunately it is fact.

I think you have a short memory.
Apart from goalkicking, Ben Graham was pretty good at CHF last year. Many saw him as a easy target to bag, but he actually had quite a good season last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back