Cameron Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Harsh. His draft class albeit a handful of players, have been stagnant this season. Cerra for Freo, as well as Brayshaw. LDU for North have been underwhelming
Wait til season 5 when each of these players are developed before calling it. Rayner is going to be a fun.

eh most 19 year olds struggle to take their game to the next level. Its hardly even a predictor of where they finish up as a player.

The only thing I will say is that the few that do have great second years tend to almost universally turn out to be really good players. But then there are others that build more gradually but still have great ceilings - like say Josh Kelly.

For context, the AFL Draft Combine record is 16.6 (Billy Hartung, 2013). Three other players have broken the 16 mark (Brad Hill in 2011, Caleb Daniel and Jack Hiscox in 2014) as well.

Yeah but it gets harder as you go so 12 is like half as good as 16.

Your kidding your self, best kick for goal in the league is Josh, and that's the reason for the responce genius, you saying if cam could have nailed those 4 shots. And this post will be flagged to make you look more stupid in years to come

Hey genius, he may kick straighter now but he is still afraid of the contest.

Cam Rayner, I can’t argue with you there. Unfit and can’t kick straight. Those 2 things you can teach at least.

Yeah true.

I guess what I was trying to point out is that 12 is a pretty bog average score.
Yeah 12 is actually horrendous, people think petracca is fat and has no tank and he ran a 14 which is infinitely better. Gonna be a lot of hard work for cam to even get to a passable mark for an afl midfielder

Cam Rayner, I can’t argue with you there. Unfit and can’t kick straight. Those 2 things you can teach at least.

Having some set shot issues but that's mainly in his head. Cam is a brilliant field kick, up their with Witherden. Same thing with McStay - great kick generally but chokes in front of goals

Harsh. His draft class albeit a handful of players, have been stagnant this season. Cerra for Freo, as well as Brayshaw. LDU for North have been underwhelming
Wait til season 5 when each of these players are developed before calling it. Rayner is going to be a fun.

LDU has not been underwhelming.

Everything points to him being the best player from that draft along with Naughton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LDU has not been underwhelming.

Everything points to him being the best player from that draft along with Naughton.

Really?

he's had glimpses here and there but he struggles mightily with the pace of the game (constantly getting caught HTB) as well as just finding the footy, which is why he's spent so much time in the 2nds despite his physical attributes. So far Naughton, Kelly and Stephenson are the clear standouts from that draft with everyone else a rung below.

Really?

he's had glimpses here and there but he struggles mightily with the pace of the game (constantly getting caught HTB) as well as just finding the footy, which is why he's spent so much time in the 2nds despite his physical attributes. So far Naughton, Kelly and Stephenson are the clear standouts from that draft with everyone else a rung below.

Spending time in the two’s has nothing to do with it.

He’s just physically not ready, he doesn’t get high possessions because he’s got amongst the lowest time on ground each week and spends a portion that he does play on the ground up forward.

He’s playing against inside mids with 4 or 5 preseasons on him.

He still does more with the ball than just about any one else in the draft and definitely has the most elite attributes.

I’m excluding Kelly in this discussion.

Schache is no more afraid of a contest as Hipwood is, its a load of BS

Agree. He also has questionable taste in music, fashion and hairstyle choices, is rude to old ladies in public and is known for urinating in his local swimming pool. Is a known Trump supporter and possibly also a Nazi sympathiser.
I hear he also kicks dogs and his favorite book is-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back