Cameron Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Kelly is having a pretty good 2nd year. Did they pay more than pick 21 for Rayner?

It takes cohunas to pick up mature age players, especially when you & everyone else had passed for a couple of years in a row. Were you wrong last year on Tim, the year before, even the year before that, & just blind the year before?

Picking kids is a raffle.

I can get where the OP is coming from. Have watched most of his games this year and haven't been very satisfied by his performances. When you compare that to the pick, his first year and the player marketing, you can understand where this sentiment is coming from. But yeah, 19, made more glaring in a good side without too many injuries. He'll make an impact eventually. Hipwood has recently had a slightly rough patch in terms of conversion, and we saw his customary hard work pay off today. Rayner is the sort of talent that could suddenly fall into place. In the meantime, team contributor will do.

It wouldn't hurt him to have a few games in the two's, most players have at some stage. But by the time the Lions are at their peak and he is 23 or 24 years old he is going to be a dominant player.

Been slowly getting more involved each week after a very average start to the year. I think he's a confidence player, just needs the right bounce a few times and when it all clicks, look out. I still think other teams would rather play Brisbane without him in than with him in for that reason. He'll tear a game apart very soon.

If this was coming from just watching his game today then this whole thread needs to be shut down. He played decently today but couldn’t convert. In every other round this year he was parked in the forward line and kicked one or two goals with less than ten disposals. He was dropping everything and couldn’t pick the ball up.

He was much better today, had some decent time in the midfield, actually managed to pick the ball up and used it well. This discussion has been had a millions times on the Lions board. The main thing everyone got out of it is that he’s down on form but Fagan has a plan and it’s not like Cam is costing us games.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the whole first round of the 2017 draft has been pretty lackluster for the most part. the 2018 draft class is already miles ahead.

rayner is gonna be a very good player but i remember in the lead up to the draft there were questions about his endurance. it might take him a year or 2 longer to get the aerobic capacity to consistently contribute.

An enigma to watch.
Sometimes lazy.
Then will have a purple patch.
Seems to have too much time to think
Plenty of shots on goal.
Not a great hairstyle
Prob needs to built his conditioning
Can break a pack and burst clear
Demands the footy - shows some aggro
Needs to go to "The Suitcase" #6 school of tackling and handball
Unconventional.
But bloody fun to watch
Kid will be more than allright

Tim Kelly is having a pretty good 2nd year. Did they pay more than pick 21 for Rayner?
You going to revert everything compared to kelly are you Geelong people? oh look at us we got him for this pick ha ha. maybe we should have continually bagged all other clubs constantly when we picked up Grant for pick 105

Tell you what, give me Rayner over Schache any day of the week. Had 4 gettable shots and if he had converted them, we would be lauding him.
Pretty **** thread from an irrelevant person.
If Schache had 4 shots that were even half getable it would be 4 goals...lol
Unfortunately Schache doesn't have the aggression to be anything more than a B Grade forward. Rayner will be a De Goey/Dustin hybrid
Oh dear lord :oops:

Has a bit of puppy fat on him which may have some impact. I'd expect with another preseason he will be in great shape. The club should set a higher benchmark for him in the off season to build the tank. He's exciting when he is on. Probably should have a spell in the twos but will he play good enough to warrant re section. They've got some good players in the twos who are killing it atm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back