Coach Cam Sutcliffe - Development Coach

hmm, needed at least one genuine KPD and then one undersized like him perhaps...
I reckon Sutcliffe or Broadbent may have to be a 3rd tall defender if all 3 of Lienert, McKenzie and Grundy are not playing in the Maggies.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Where have these players gone and also Darcy Ginever (later post).

Not sure where they have gone.

Kluske looked ok in the games I saw last season, but he didn't have much size about him, and according to the footy budget he is only 175 cm and 68 kg.

Ginever was also way undersized at 180 cm to be playing as a kpp, but he did look handy at times.

I was told Ortiz couldn't make the sturt magoos, and that is how we picked him up, he also looked handy at times, but at a listed 171 cm and 71 kg I'm not sure he has a future even at sanfl senior level.

Ortiz has gone to Centrals. Kluske not updated yet.

Check sanfl comings and goings. It's a handy resource

Port going

Steven Summerton (retired/Angaston), Lindsay Thomas (retired/Portland), Jasper Pittard (North Melbourne), Jack Hombsch (Gold Coast), Jimmy Toumpas (Woodville-West Torrens), Emmanuel Irra (South Adelaide), Jake Neade (North Adelaide), Dom Barry (Norwood), Will Snelling (West Adelaide), Michael Ortiz (Central District)

http://sanfl.com.au/news/2018/12/06/coming-going-2019/

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox

Kluske looked ok in the games I saw last season, but he didn't have much size about him, and according to the footy budget he is only 175 cm and 68 kg.

Ginever was also way undersized at 180 cm to be playing as a kpp, but he did look handy at times.

I was told Ortiz couldn't make the sturt magoos, and that is how we picked him up, he also looked handy at times, but at a listed 171 cm and 71 kg I'm not sure he has a future even at sanfl senior level.
Kluske was the type of kid that could well become a top line SANFL player if he keeps it going. Just had some Pendlebury like evasive ability, some ball winning talent, and just needed to find it more.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Ortiz is nowhere near 171. He's way shorter.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ortiz was a little live wire, and made a real impact. I would've rated him as our 3rd best contracted player last year. Shame to lose him and not surprised another club pounced.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
Can he play even if we have 22 afl listed players available?

Smart to have such a versatile player as captain. It hasn’t been mentioned here but he was one of the fittest guys in the AFL. Freak endurance runner and presumably a very hard trainer.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

Smart to have such a versatile player as captain. It hasn’t been mentioned here but he was one of the fittest guys in the AFL. Freak endurance runner and presumably a very hard trainer.

AFL listed have priority. Happens occasionally but most weeks we have 4-5 injuries.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

Leadership player can now play at any time. They changed te rules last year after Summerton had to play reserves

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Ortiz was a little live wire, and made a real impact. I would've rated him as our 3rd best contracted player last year. Shame to lose him and not surprised another club pounced.
I think you are confusing him with someone else. Ortiz didn't debut until round 17 and only played 2 or 3 games.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Na there's no confusion, he was extremely impressive. I really, really liked what I saw from him.
Ok well he played 14 games for the Maggies reserves. Played well v north in the league side at the end there..

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ok well he played 14 games for the Maggies reserves. Played well v north in the league side at the end there..
When I consider how do the Maggies ever win a flag, the answer is by finding 5 (Might be 4 now we have no Summo) Magpies listed players who can play a role. For me Ortiz was the type of kid you could chuck in a forward pocket and he could clearly do a role. He had lots of potential and if we surrounded him by the right Power players he could've easily been a good enough role player to help us go all the way.

Kluske, Ortiz and Proude were 3 players I thought could play those roles. Kluske and Ortiz were raw, but plenty of future SANFL gun level talent. So it is a shame we've lost 2 of them, however I'm not surprised they were taken. If I was another club I would've targeted them.

Hopefully young Jackson Mead might be the type that comes back from the U18 carnival and can play a role. If we can get something out of a kid like him, combined with Sutcliffe and Proude, then we at least have a pretty decent group there of SANFL listed players.

For mine it was Summo, Proude, Kluske, Davidson and Strange ahead of Ortiz.

Jackson Mead can only play 4 games for us after the U18 carnival. And if he plays league for WWT before then he is ineligible. I wouldn't be banking on him being part of our core sanfl group in 2019.

Back