Coach Cam Sutcliffe - Development Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction: Sutcliffe will be named in Ports best players today. He is a decent AFL player with great defensive capabilities. Good luck Cam

The question has probably already been asked but have we ever had a player wear a number higher than 50 in the AFL? Reminds me of the old playing days when University players had numbers like 199 on their backs.

Tony Bamford wore #50 for the Magpies, but no one has worn it or any number higher for the Power. Kai Pudney wears #48, he is currently the closest.

Tredders wore #56 for the Magpies.

Cam Sutcliffe died on the way back to his home planet.

the-itchy-scratchy-poochie-show11.png

Thanks Cam, I'm sorry your career was thrown to the Lions like that.

From a long distance from the selection table it seems borderline downright disrespectful.

Go back to the Maggies, forget the BS lead up, show you've learned something from the debacle, show you can pick up the pace there and fight your way back to a less high profile opportunity at AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was Steve Summerton or Jack Trengove I'd have been furious when I saw the team sheet this week. Sutcliffe isn't fit to lace either of their boots. And I didn't even want Summo or Trengove in the AFL side.

This harebrained idea has been beyond odd every step of the way, culminating in him being brought in on the form of an amoeba to roughhouse the guy who asked him to be in his wedding party.

I can only imagine the order of events went as such:

2) An untagged Lachie Neale burns us for 43 possessions in Round 3
2) Ken spies Sutcliffe on the right hand side of the bride and groom at the nuptials of Kybybolite's finest

**Thinking music**

5) Whatever the * today was

Cam deserves just as much criticism as our list management for accepting this mindbogglingly stupid offer. An absolute hiding to nothing.

This harebrained idea has been beyond odd every step of the way, culminating in him being brought in on the form of an amoeba to roughhouse the guy who asked him to be in his wedding party.

I can only imagine the order of events went as such:

2) An untagged Lachie Neale burns us for 43 possessions in Round 3
2) Ken spies Sutcliffe on the right hand side of the bride and groom at the nuptials of Kybybolite's finest

**Thinking music**

5) Whatever the fu** today was

Cam deserves just as much criticism as our list management for accepting this mindbogglingly stupid offer. An absolute hiding to nothing.

Victim blaming now, because the last guy added to our list, the guy we threw a lifeline to from the garbage heap, that guy should have refused his AFL call up just weeks later because the coach had a risky old fashioned crackpot idea that could end his AFL chances before they (re)started?

"do this %*^ stupid thing or I won't ever pick you again"
-Ken

Cam deserves fair criticism for being too slow to react at AFL level. Not for the bizarre role he was asked to play on the day.

Sutcliffe's on fire, your midfield is terrorised
ooooohhhhhh
la la la la la la la la la la la la

Meanwhile Billy Frampton is sitting back wondering when he might play on an AFL ground again. You couldn't make this stuff up.

Which other payer has been gifted a game after failed to do a full pre season with the club and then didn't train with the main squad before late May??

Seriously when we only have been 2 and 5 on the injured list how can this selection be justified.

I initially thought the only reason he is coming in is to tag Neale and thought ok doing a tagging job I can understand the thinking, but then looked up when we added him to the squad and thought how much training would he have done with the main squad.

He just couldn't keep up with Neale and others he was on and when he was supposed to be on Neale after about 10 minutes he stopped wearing him like a glove and would position himself to win the ball rather than stop Neale. Neale still got 8 clearances. Neale had had 8 disposals at quarter time and his mid field mates got off the chain and smashed us.

Last edited:
The idea to play a player coming off a limited pre-season who wouldn't have trained with the senior guys enough, to do a role we haven't used all year was strange. That it then gave us one too many big bodied slow mid's when each time we've done that this year it's poor selections. When SPP was then also selected when Houston went out sick it became farcical. How it wasn't bleedingly obvious to any of our coaches that we'd get killed on the outside, even if Sutcliffe did his job to a reasonable degree should have any who didn't object dragged over hot coals (if assistants) and sacked if Voss or Bassett didn't push back on this clear idiocy.

His third quarter yesterday was perfection.

That needs to be his new level. Its what weve needed from him
His delivery to MOVING players in the forward line showed us something about how we should be playing.
Nice thinking followed by good execution.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back