Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal, Browns, Clips, Renegades
Who will be the better player?

Cameron, then Daniher, then Patton.

I'm not as sold on Daniher as some but he's got all the tools to be a very good, versatile key forward. Cameron even moreso, and he's already shown it. Patton's a classic marking KPF - nothing wrong with that, I'd kill to have him at the Bulldogs, of course. He's just the least mobile and versatile of the 3.

Cameron still has that something special that would make me pick him. Patton to me seems the most bland of the 3, as a classic mark and kick forward. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I just don't see his ceiling as high as the other two.

I'd go:

Cameron
Daniher
Patton

But there's a fair gap between Cameron and the next.

I voted Patton. It's personal preference thing but I just value the attributes he brings to the table.

I find it weird that many people find him too "vanilla". He's got the biggest body of the three. Cameron and Daniher can both take incredible marks floating across packs, but I don't think either of them will ever have the bodies to crash a pack like Patton.

I love physical big men (Mumford is my favourite ruck right now) that can put fear of bodily harm in the minds of their direct opponents without breaking the rules. Patton is the most likely to become that player.

Ask yourself the question, if you're a defender going back with the flight of the ball which player would you least like to be coming to meet you from the other direction?

It's a hard one, for top 2 but 3rd place would go to Daniher.

Cameron & Patton both have to put up with some pretty average, and sparse, entries into their forward 50. Despite his form this year I'd say Cameron #1 for class & ability. Patton close behind because he's still working his way back from doing his knee at a fairly young age, and has the ability to play around the ground a bit.

I love physical big men (Mumford is my favourite ruck right now) that can put fear of bodily harm in the minds of their direct opponents without breaking the rules. Patton is the most likely to become that player.

Ask yourself the question, if you're a defender going back with the flight of the ball which player would you least like to be coming to meet you from the other direction?

Patton may be the biggest, but he plays with the least physicality.

Patton may be the biggest, but he plays with the least physicality.
Seriously? Daniher could be outbodied by Robin Nahas. Patton runs straight at the ball, with that body he won't have to snipe or wrestle to hurt people, he'll just have to choose not to stop running.

Seriously? Daniher could be outbodied by Robin Nahas. Patton runs straight at the ball, with that body he won't have to snipe or wrestle to hurt people, he'll just have to choose not to stop running.

Yeah, seriously - Daniher is weak through the legs but he attacks the ball in the air.

Patton doesn't naturally attack the ball like Daniher or Cameron do.

For this thread, you'd have to go Cameron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me it's Patton, Cameron had his break out season last year but this year he's been probably below average and Daniher hasn't really shown much to do with goal kicking.

For me it's Patton, Cameron had his break out season last year but this year he's been probably below average and Daniher hasn't really shown much to do with goal kicking.
Cameron wasn't amazing like last season but I still think he's been underrated. He was not fully fit for a lot of the season, his accuracy was much worse than last season (29.21 as opposed to 62.27), and he could still end up with more goals than Patton. Of course, he's broken out and Patton hasn't, but it's still pretty significant that despite performing below par and Patton steadily improving, Cameron's still played comfortably better.

Cameron has both more runs on the board and more upside than Patton. Daniher has the physical gifts-height, hands, leap, mobility-and the right attitude. I can't see him not becoming a star. Cameron > Daniher > Patton

Make votes public next time, all the Bomber fans voting Daniher must be named & shamed.

Cameron wins this poll by so much it's not even funny.

Back